Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What day does Overwatch die again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
[looks at watch] March 20, 2018

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 14, 2022

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Countblanc posted:

[looks at watch] March 20, 2018

I googled it, but i knew what you meant before that.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
so my lootboxes opened automatically but the "gold" or whatever it is has to add itself to my total one lootbox at a time and it looks like it deleted a bunch of my original total? I'm unsure but i'll probably just leave the hero gallery open for an hour in the background to see what happens

e: it keeps going while you're in game thankfully. Maybe I just didn't have as much gold as I thought? There hasn't been an event in a while that had a bunch of new skins so I was surprised to see I only had 6k when I opened the game up

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 15, 2022

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
131 boxes opened. I have zero idea what was in them and the hero gallery isn't telling me which heroes got new sprays or whatever. Didn't even think to check my gold balance.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1570345994490896384?s=20&t=B9abBrXEGFno6YRuj-NRVg

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Are the coins in OW2 the same as credits in OW1? Or is this a different currency? If they're different, what do players do with the credits that transferred over from OW1?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dick Jones posted:

Are the coins in OW2 the same as credits in OW1? Or is this a different currency? If they're different, what do players do with the credits that transferred over from OW1?

They're not saying because it's no doubt going to be a ripoff. In fact they've not bothered telling us anything about the monetisation (for the same reason) other than "there are battle passes"

EDIT: Well now they have

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 15, 2022

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

"The following media includes potentially sensitive content."
lol

Youtube version for better resolution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uc-kExqwd4

The healing scrolls seem to be seeking. Looks to be midrange.
Knifes seem to work similar to genjis stars, except she throws only one. EDIT: Triple-damage on headshots.
Close range teleport that can go behind walls. Fixed distance maybe? EDIT: Teleports to targeted ally.
Motherloving Shimada wall climbing :hellyeah:
Some area heal-ability that can prevent riptire killing team. EDIT 1 Second invulnerability.

And then the ultimate that has straight line AOE. EDIT: Speedboost to movement, shooting, reloading, everything.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Sep 15, 2022

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BowIDnsNvjs

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kiriko looks fun.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That Sojourn skin owns so hard. That D.Va one too. Ghost in the Shell Kiriko :allears:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

That is pretty good Sojourn skin. wow.

Just played a competitive game and everyone was gushing about the new trailer in chat.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Overwatch posted:

New heroes will be free for everyone to unlock in the Battle Pass. They’ll be available to be unlocked at Tier 55 in the free Battle Pass track and unlock immediately on the premium Battle Pass track. Heroes from past seasons can be earned through special new challenges, or you can directly acquire them in the shop with Overwatch Coins.

I loving hate this bullshit.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Okay now I’m excited

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I loving hate this bullshit.

Assuming a BP level takes as long to get as a loot box level, bro lmao

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Biggest concern about battle pass for me is that there seems to be no way for paying for the next battle pass from completing the battle pass. I.E no money drops.
First premium battle pass costs 10 real money or 1000 BlizzBucks. You get 60 BBs from weeklies * 9 weeks = 540 BBs. Maybe you get more from dailies/seasonals, but looks pretty poopsocky.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kirko's kit

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Prot.Suzu doesn't seem to be that OP then as you have to time it just right.
Good for blocking dva- or Tracer-bombs, but not as good as Invu-lamp. Blocking Riptire requires winning mindgames with the Junk-player.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm disgusted at the frankly too many people in the replies of the BP tweet defending Kiriko being tier 55. "New players still have 35 character to use" SO loving WHAT

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I can feel myself getting a headache just looking at the Weekly Challenges thing. I play video games to have fun, don't give me a loving list of chores

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kiriko is an immediate unlock for current OW players who claim the free founders pack at least...or am I reading that wrong?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

teagone posted:

Kiriko is an immediate unlock for current OW players who claim the free founders pack at least...or am I reading that wrong?

You're right - it also says Sojourn and JQ are "immediate unlocks" for everyone who logs in during S1, which means they'll be locked afterwards

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

teagone posted:

Yes, but future heroes will either unlock by paying for Premium pass, play free battle pass to lvl 55 or after the season you can purchase it with the new currency.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

adhuin posted:

Yes, but future heroes will either unlock by paying for Premium pass, play free battle pass to lvl 55 or after the season you can purchase it with the new currency.

Right yeah, I knew that. Just wasn't sure about the wording wrt Kiriko being an immediate unlock for current OW players. But lol, the next hero release is gonna be interesting. Playing on a team with a player who hasn't unlocked the new and likely broken hero yet but the other team does sounds lovely lol.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Yeah, that could be problematic.
Specially if the next tank hero is as dominant as Junkerqueen was on this season of OWL.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I think I know the answer but I've been completely checked out of this trash fire for months: have they even bothered throwing a scrap of info to the people who wanted a PVE mode or is that still kinda being stealthily drowned in the bathtub

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mukaikubo posted:

I think I know the answer but I've been completely checked out of this trash fire for months: have they even bothered throwing a scrap of info to the people who wanted a PVE mode or is that still kinda being stealthily drowned in the bathtub

Just that it's coming in 2023. That's it so far, lmao.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Mukaikubo posted:

It's known to still be coming but the PvP is being booted out the door for any number of reasons- to stop the bleeding of the playerbase for killing updates to OW1 way too early, to give some positive press to the ActiBlizz PR Trashfire of the last two years and get people excited for Blizzard again before Diablo 4 come out, to try and help provide some display of Blizzard's value as a brand with the pending sale to Microsoft sometime early next year.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"2023", eh? Hah. Alright then.

Any FPSs out there that scratch the same kind of FPS-MOBA'y itch that I didn't know I had before OW came out in 2016? Everything I've seen of OW2's gameplay does not enthuse me at all, I'm not really interested in low-time-to-kill hard focus on the FPS half of Overwatch. I really liked the slower, more tactical and ability-focused fights that existed Back In My Day :corsair: Nothing I've seen is in that lane.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mukaikubo posted:

"2023", eh? Hah. Alright then.

Any FPSs out there that scratch the same kind of FPS-MOBA'y itch that I didn't know I had before OW came out in 2016? Everything I've seen of OW2's gameplay does not enthuse me at all, I'm not really interested in low-time-to-kill hard focus on the FPS half of Overwatch. I really liked the slower, more tactical and ability-focused fights that existed Back In My Day :corsair: Nothing I've seen is in that lane.

Valorant?

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

teagone posted:

Valorant?

Eh, gave it a try, and realized it was basically a less focused CSGO for me in how it 'felt' to play, still very much a super fast paced 'the only thing that matters is clicking heads' game. Splatoon might do it, I guess, if I bought a switch? :v:

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Mukaikubo posted:

Eh, gave it a try, and realized it was basically a less focused CSGO for me in how it 'felt' to play, still very much a super fast paced 'the only thing that matters is clicking heads' game. Splatoon might do it, I guess, if I bought a switch? :v:

Without much Quake experience, I’d still describe Splatoon closer to Quake than Overwatch. I’m loving it, but it’s fast TTK, fast respawns, lots of movement tricks and fake outs in an arena setting, and while there are soft roles there are no classes with major different stats and abilities like in Overwatch.

Anyone here can recommend what Paladins plays like now?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So if I haven't played Overwatch since last year, do I still get the freebies or what?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

So if I haven't played Overwatch since last year, do I still get the freebies or what?

So long as you login during Season 1, you should get the free stuff from the founder's pack.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Proven posted:

Without much Quake experience, I’d still describe Splatoon closer to Quake than Overwatch. I’m loving it, but it’s fast TTK, fast respawns, lots of movement tricks and fake outs in an arena setting, and while there are soft roles there are no classes with major different stats and abilities like in Overwatch.

Anyone here can recommend what Paladins plays like now?

Paladins has a fairly long time-to-kill and I enjoyed it quite a bit more than my time with OW1 when I played it recently, mostly due to the difference in how ults are handled (they're much weaker than OW's)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hero monetization aside, how was the beta mechanically? The big issues I recall from the end of OW1 was balancing the TTK on tanks (making a tank vulnerable while being healed leads to them being deleted when not being healed?) And too many barriers? Do I have that right? How is that now?

It's 5 heroes per side? I main healer, will my Brigitte be the only healer on the team and will I be despised for it?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hero monetization aside, how was the beta mechanically? The big issues I recall from the end of OW1 was balancing the TTK on tanks (making a tank vulnerable while being healed leads to them being deleted when not being healed?) And too many barriers? Do I have that right? How is that now?

It's 5 heroes per side? I main healer, will my Brigitte be the only healer on the team and will I be despised for it?

Teams are 1 tank, 2 dps, 2 healers, which probably answers most of your questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
From the little I played of Paladins, it felt like parallel universe overwatch where they went heavier on abilities and tactics deciding the game and ults just being bigger abilities instead of playmakers. Fights were brawlier and slower instead of a sniper getting picks. Over all, not bad, but it never really landed for me.