Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

I don't know what Yakubian is but it feels like a term Measurehead would use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I thought he was calling us all fans of the Yakuza series.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

El Generico posted:

I don't know what Yakubian is but it feels like a term Measurehead would use

”YAKUBIANS CONSIDER THEMSELVES ALL ELITE, BUT THEY ONLY ENJOY SPOTFESTS AND SPEND THEIR FRIDAY NIGHTS WATCHING RAMPAGE ALONE IN THE DARK. A TRUE SIGN OF A FANBASE IN DECLINE.”

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
He's saying AEW's audience loves former Blackhawks forward Mikhail Yakubov.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yakub Smirnob?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Yakub Smirnob?

In All Elite Wrestling, mark works you!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jonny Nox posted:

Are you aware of Louis Farrakhan?

Nation of Islam?

It's Farooq->The Rock->MJF

The only nation I'm familiar with is the Nation of Domination.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This guy was in Elden Ring I think

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

This guy was in Elden Ring I think

So that makes us tarnished?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Gaz-L posted:

In All Elite Wrestling, mark works you!

What a company! :haw:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I can't tell if Alfred is just a typical twitter grifter or legitimately one of those "You're not x enough to be x race" type of racists. I just know that a lot of black wrestling twitter absolutely can't stand him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tampa Bae posted:

I can't tell if Alfred is just a typical twitter grifter or legitimately one of those "You're not x enough to be x race" type of racists. I just know that a lot of black wrestling twitter absolutely can't stand him

I see absolutely no reason it can't be both.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

Like most hot-take farmers he's evolved past the need for developing a belief system of any sort. He can no longer sense morality and only sees the world in terms of how much "engagement" things will bring him. His unconscious mind seeks out the hottest of takes which occur to him as if they were his true thoughts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy's nyuts

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yakubians, Wakubians, and Dotbians

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tampa Bae posted:

When in doubt, assume he's a loving moron

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

Well, there was the time he used race science to "prove" Eddie Kingston isn't a genuine Latino.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think Alfred is one of those dangerously stupid online personalities that just absorb things into their brains and spit them out like it's an original thought.

He gets fed the fast nationals, spits em out with no context or understand of why they're misleading, then disappears into the ether for a day or two. Somebody probably once mentioned Yakub to him and that's floating around in there until he decides to call Claudio "rookie of the year" or once again argue that AEW doesn't have enough black champions.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
We need to get Alfred into cranial measurements.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Selachian posted:

Well, there was the time he used race science to "prove" Eddie Kingston isn't a genuine Latino.

I thought that was the anti-crack account.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

If Alfred hadn't tweeted, I wouldn't have bothered to refresh myself on Yakub, which means I wouldn't have learned that Farrakhan got really into dianetics and now theres a bunch of NoI scientology auditors

So thank you Alfred

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Artificially Engineered Whites

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Let's go ignite

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Someone needs to find a clip of Louis Farrakhan ranting about charcuterie.

Alfred is definitely one of those guys who hears a word once and then repeats it in a wrong context because he thinks it makes him look smart. He heard white people being called that once but knows nothing about what it means or where it comes from.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Someone needs to find a clip of Louis Farrakhan ranting about charcuterie.

Alfred is definitely one of those guys who hears a word once and then repeats it in a wrong context because he thinks it makes him look smart. He heard white people being called that once but knows nothing about what it means or where it comes from.

This is probably it, but I want to believe Alfred is a "white people were made in a lab" guy because it's very funny.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
My favourite thing Alfred does is directly and indirectly slag off people like Tony Khan on Twitter and then the moment they respond to him he becomes all "Notice me, senpai".

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Hail Yakub

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wrestling dorks are doing a great job of proving Alfred’s “AEW’s audience is really white” point by being confused and outraged by his use of Yakubian

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

xbilkis posted:

Wrestling dorks are doing a great job of proving Alfred’s “AEW’s audience is really white” point by being confused and outraged by his use of Yakubian
What if you're not white but still confused

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Yakub is killer spelled backwards!!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Using NoI slang ironically has also become a thing on Twitter. Ironic racism is still racism but it's against white people so who cares, bunch of butter demons anyways

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm black and had no idea what the gently caress he was talking about, sooooooo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Someone in this thread already explained what helped popularize it as a modern pop culture thing

Fart Radio posted:

desus and mero would call things yakubian all the time as a joke, because it's far too obscure to carry any actual weight as a slur

Ironic hotepism is very common in black online spaces; it’s how you get poo poo like the memes of Cody in a kufi

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like the memes of people in the kufis, those are fun.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ironic Hotep was a really disappointing follow up to Bubba Hotep

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
General Monk Monk is a draw

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Using NoI slang ironically has also become a thing on Twitter. Ironic racism is still racism but it's against white people so who cares, bunch of butter demons anyways
Ah yes, the Nation of Islam, famously not bigoted towards white minority groups, much less a specific one...

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

davidbix posted:

Ah yes, the Nation of Islam, famously not bigoted towards white minority groups, much less a specific one...
I'm assuming you're referring to Jewish people and I didn't know Jewish people were considered white

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm assuming you're referring to Jewish people and I didn't know Jewish people were considered white

It depends who you ask. They're in that stage where white people are slowly subsuming them because other races have showed up that are more threatening (cf. the Irish in America a hundred years ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

A lot of white people don't consider Jewish people to be white, but I've talked to quite a few black people who do. I'm too gentile to weigh in on it myself.