Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Ulio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPDI4ehuA38

Some new footage of Wo Long(looks amazing), there is a character creator and there seems to be personal pronouns? Some chud will get mad this because it's not historically accurate Three Kingdoms in a game where you are literally shooting lighting spells out of your fingertips.

drat I thought this was the Chinese one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

capcom showcase is about to start, get ready!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Lol re4r is coming to ps4. And thats it. Please wait until the re showcase next month!?!?!?!?!

:negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1570416106866704385?s=20&t=yQ68nw8nxqurG7dlrX4dtA

last gen won't fucken die already

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is that a screenshot from their podcast?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If you're making these games run on series S might as well make them run on ps4

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Ps4 just too hot to quit

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Give me a new breath of fire game capcom u cowards

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lol re4r is coming to ps4. And thats it. Please wait until the re showcase next month!?!?!?!?!

:negative:

I can't believe they announced a port of Resident Evil 4 for a weaker console before it came out.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

JBP posted:

If you're making these games run on series S might as well make them run on ps4

Even the S is significantly better than the PS4. The new CyberPunk expansion isn't releasing on the PS4 or XBONE, for example, but is available on the S.

Don't get me wrong, I think Microsoft was pretty loving stupid to do this X/S thing and really don't want to think about how games are going to be gimped in 3 or 4 years to work on aging S machines, but it's not last-gen bad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The S has a much better CPU than the 4, it just has too little GPU to do 4K

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Holy loving poo poo street fighter 6 looks so good goddamn

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ps4 just too hot to quit

PS4 isn't getting Just Dance 2023. Lame!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Yesssss you can play all sf in the open world at arcades like yakuza fuccccck can play final fight.

Day1 with this poo poo

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Ok so I'm still playing The Last of Us Part 1 remake and it is growing on me more, but I am loving sick of planks and ladders at this point

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yesssss you can play all sf in the open world at arcades like yakuza fuccccck can play final fight.

Day1 with this poo poo

Man I thought SFV's gameplay is very good but it had 0 content meanwhile SF6 seems to kill it in terms of content and gameplay. So many fun modes and the visuals are amazing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nope! Get owned scrub, the PS4 has more games!

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
How easy is it to get a PS5 these days? Would I be able to just buy one at Christmas time?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ohhyeah posted:

How easy is it to get a PS5 these days? Would I be able to just buy one at Christmas time?

I live in the middle of nowhere and my local GameStop apparently has them. They had a sign by the entrance "PS5s in stock"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PS5s are easier to find now than they have ever been, but try to get one before the real christmas season starts because they'll probably get scarce again from rising demand

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I signed up for the official PS5 waitlist and the Amazon waitlist and they both popped at the same time. Ended up ordering from Amazon just because that Prime shipping though

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PS Direct has been having them in stock a lot lately. Well, the Horizon bundle, at least. It looks like they're out of stock right now but keep checking. There's an option to register for the opportunity to buy one on there. Not sure how reliable that is.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/ps5

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I really want to play Forbidden West, I swear. It just doesn't want me to play it, not until I get through its dull, monotone opening. Every bit of gameplay I see looks insanely fun, but goddamn do the writers almost feel like they're jealous that anyone would play these games for anything but the story. This is the first game in a while where I've been mashing through the dialogue, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything, but it still feels like it's taking forever.

I guess to be positive, Sifu is the best game I've played in a long time. This may be my biggest obsession since Doom 2016.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 15, 2022

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

haveblue posted:

PS5s are easier to find now than they have ever been, but try to get one before the real christmas season starts because they'll probably get scarce again from rising demand

Seconding this. Someone in another thread I read wanted to have one on tap to give to his son for christmas if he keeps his grades up, and managed to snag one after a couple of weeks of active looking. So grab it now, not when every dad in the country is freaking out.

Also looks like walmart.com has the HZD DVD drive console bundle in stock right now for $550. - https://www.walmart.com/ip/PS5-Console-Horizon-Forbidden-West-Bundle/884437848?athbdg=L1600

Note that's actually Walmart and not one of the fifty bullshit third party retailers.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Pennsylvanian posted:

I really want to play Forbidden West, I swear. It just doesn't want me to play it, not until I get through its dull, monotone opening. Every bit of gameplay I see looks insanely fun, but goddamn do the writers almost feel like they're jealous that anyone would play these games for anything but the story. This is the first game in a while where I've been mashing through the dialogue, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything, but it still feels like it's taking forever.

I guess to be positive, Sifu is the best game I've played in a long time. This may be my biggest obsession since Doom 2016.

I had the opposite experience. Usually I read the dialog and then mash the button to advance when I finish the line. HZD is the first game in a while where I sit back and listen.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The opening hour of NFW goes real hard on exposition dumps and catching up, there’s a lot more mandatory talking than in HZD (or the later parts of HFW, for that matter)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

haveblue posted:

The opening hour of NFW goes real hard on exposition dumps and catching up, there’s a lot more mandatory talking than in HZD (or the later parts of HFW, for that matter)

I kinda feel for them on this, it's the curse of sequels. You kind of have to put in something to catch up people who didn't play the first game, otherwise by definition you can't sell more copies of #2 than you did #1. But man, it can sure make some poo poo drag.

Doubly so if the game is a direct follow-on to the first game. Something like BG2 could get away with a short and dumb cinematic because the 2nd game had far less of a direct connection to the first.

edit: like, so much of HFW makes zero sense if you don't know exactly what Sylens' deal is that I found myself checking a few HZD wikis just to make sure I remembered his major plot beats in that game right.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I try to listen to the dialogue in action games, but I will give up when the conversations are getting too long for their own good (this isn't a problem in a more narrative game like an RPG or visual novel or something). With HFW, I think part of my problem is with the voice acting. Everyone's delivery is so slow and laborious and monotone, and they speak with a breathy weightiness to every line. I swear I can read the subtitles for every line three times over before the actors get halfway through them. My girlfriend says everyone talks like they're balancing something heavy on their heads, and I kind of agree.

I just want to meet a character with some energy. It's a shame because Ashly Burch is one of the most dynamic voice actors out there and it feels like they could have gotten anyone else to play Aloy. The only character I really latched onto in the first game was Erend because he was one of the few characters to not have a stone-faced austerity to him.

Compare this with me trying to finish my old God of War recently where I had to take a break from fighting and exploring because I wanted to get back to hearing Kratos, Boy, and Ymir talk to one another while I was adventuring.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 15, 2022

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Pennsylvanian posted:

Agreed. Sifu is excellent. And it's been updated to be worlds more accommodating than it was at release so if anyone was initially put off by its difficulty, rest assured that's not an issue anymore

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PS5s still drop sporadically and sell out but they stay up for multiple hours now instead of thirty seconds so just join a discord or something and you’ll have one within a month

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pennsylvanian posted:

I still haven't finished it, got to the last stage in elderly form before getting distracted, but yeah it's slept on. The combat system is a fascinating amalgam of some great combat systems, yet it manages to feel distinct from its forebears. And it makes you feel so badass once you start mastering it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

thiccabod posted:

Agreed. Sifu is excellent. And it's been updated to be worlds more accommodating than it was at release so if anyone was initially put off by its difficulty, rest assured that's not an issue anymore

I’m still a bit cautious of it but my love for martial arts games has me really tempted to grab it on a deep sale sometime.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Sifu is Sekiro levels of satisfying once you get rolling

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m still a bit cautious of it but my love for martial arts games has me really tempted to grab it on a deep sale sometime.

Let this push you over the edge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw-3cX_ORro

One of the DF guys is into the Hong Kong martial arts films that inspired Sifu, his geeking out over the references is a fun listen.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

exquisite tea posted:

I have played through Chapter 1 of the Valkyrie Elysium demo in a little under 2 hours. I don't know if there's much more to do because I stopped there, but it looks like I can go back at do side quests in the first area at least. First thing to get out of the way is that this game got the Trials of Mana budget, not the FFXV budget, so adjust expectations accordingly. I'm not entirely sold on the hybrid cel-shade art style, and the colors looked a bit washed out on my screen although that might just be an HDR thing. The gameplay however is very fun. If you've played DMC or basically any 3-D Square RPG from the past seven years, then this is a simplified version of that. The levels are mostly linear monster arenas with some hidden areas, there's a combo meter, and you get a letter ranking at the end. The double jump, the hookshot, the aerial combos, the witch time, it's all here, it's a CAG folks. Overall I enjoyed it and will be looking forward to playing some more when I get back from work, maybe on Hard this time because Normal seemed quite easy. If you don't immediately love the 21-year old actress told to speak with an over-enunciated British accent energy of this game then why have you even read this far.

I played about an hour and change of the demo and had fun! It’s definitely a lower budget character action RPG but it looks and plays nice enough. Colors looks fine but I’m playing on an OLED with HDR. Playing on Hard and honestly it’s still pretty easy, but then again I’m in the midst of playing Nioh 2 so YMMV. Also it defaulted to Japanese language and I’m enjoying that but when I play again I think I’ll check out the English!

I haven’t played a Valkyrie Profile game before but I did watch a streamer play through the first one earlier this year and it gives me some of the same vibes. The music is beautiful!

EDIT: and OF COURSE I just realized I downloaded the PS4 instead of the PS5 version last nite, god the PSN store sucks! At least I can see how it differs when I try the PS5 version later. The frame rate was definitely not always hitting 60 fps on the PS4 version which is a little concerning

Boy of Joy fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 15, 2022

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Outer wilds for ps5 is up.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2470-PPSA08101_00-OUTERWILDSSIEA00

You might have to grab the dlc upgrade separately.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2470-PPSA08101_00-OWEOTESIEA000000

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Been wanting to play Outer Wilds forever but with 60fps. I'm excited.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s really great, definitely in my top 5 games of the year. However, it’s pretty difficult, id say maybe as difficult as Sekiro but a lot shorter, but they also added difficulty options which I haven’t messed with yet. Pretty sure I paid $40 for it new so I would assume it goes on sale for $20 sometimes.

Speaking of Sekiro likes, I take back what I said about Thymesia, it’s actually not bad once you get the hang of the deflect system. You can tell it was made by a small handful of people, and the level design is pretty terrible, but other than that it’s a pretty fun, sort of mindless Sekiro-borne-like.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 15, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
if you have never played this wonderful game this is the perfect time

e: outer wilds, not sifu (although that does look good too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

if you have never played this wonderful game this is the perfect time

e: outer wilds, not sifu (although that does look good too)

Everyone says "Go in blind" for this one, but how long is it until the "thing" is revealed?

I might play it with a friend tonight, and I'm curious.