Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Sekiro is one of those games where I admit the game is incredible and that I only gave up because I was so bad at the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Everyone says "Go in blind" for this one, but how long is it until the "thing" is revealed?

I might play it with a friend tonight, and I'm curious.

Should be within an hour, depending on how long you spend in the opening area

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Outer Wilds is a continuous string of revelations, that’s why people are so reticent to go into detail about anything. The major gameplay gimmick should reveal itself within the hour, though, yeah

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Pennsylvanian posted:

Sekiro is one of those games where I admit the game is incredible and that I only gave up because I was so bad at the game.

This is me and all souls likes. I want to like them, I'm just bad at video games

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beat Dead Rising 1 yesterday (gently caress that final boss, holy poo poo) and moved on to 2, which I've played before. It was kind of exhilarating, going back to it. I almost ran out of time for a story case and I had to carefully prioritize and route my survivor rescue attempts to make it to the case without letting anything time out. As much as making combo weapons and killing zombies, carefully managing time is part of what makes that game so interesting.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Anybody played Metal: Hellsinger yet? Everyone was all hyped about it but apparently forgot it came out two days ago

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The 60fps upgrade for outer wilds is rough as gently caress. It really struggles.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another real bummer of GTA San Andreas: the gang AI. I'm near the end of the game where you've gotta retake all these neighborhoods, and doing it solo really sucks, so I'm trying to use my gang members but they really suck too lol

I can run a 6 person gang, so I'll recruit a bunch of dudes but they either won't shoot the enemies at all or they'll all die instantly.

I'll be glad when I'm done with this game.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Rageaholic posted:

Another real bummer of GTA San Andreas: the gang AI. I'm near the end of the game where you've gotta retake all these neighborhoods, and doing it solo really sucks, so I'm trying to use my gang members but they really suck too lol

I can run a 6 person gang, so I'll recruit a bunch of dudes but they either won't shoot the enemies at all or they'll all die instantly.

I'll be glad when I'm done with this game.

At least they work. In the new Saints Row game you get the ability to summon some gang members at will but they just spawn in and then stand there taking bullets. Pretty sure one becomes an enemy too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cyrano4747 posted:

Even the S is significantly better than the PS4. The new CyberPunk expansion isn't releasing on the PS4 or XBONE, for example, but is available on the S.

Ya know I don’t really think this is conclusive of anything given how bad the base game’s performance is on last gen lol

Sounds more like CDPR threw their hands in the air and gave up because their game’s performance is hot garbo and the new consoles cover up for it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Sounds more like CDPR threw their hands in the air and gave up because their game’s performance is hot garbo and the new consoles cover up for it.

I think it's more a case of the game's design overshooting the CPU and HDD limitations of the last gen so badly that optimization was a nearly impossible task. As badly as it runs on the old consoles, it's amazing it runs that well at all. It absolutely should have been a next-gen exclusive but premature hype and marketing boxed them in.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What part of the game’s basic-rear end design overshoots the capabilities of last gen exactly?

They excised all the fake reactive stuff they showed in the original trailers and made a game that’s no more in-depth or detailed than your average Bethesda gamebryo turd.

It’s just poorly made.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

What part of the game’s basic-rear end design overshoots the capabilities of last gen exactly?

Tons of NPCs and vehicles (CPU) with high animation and geometry and texture detail (HDD) in high-detail environments (HDD). You can tell what parts of the game stress the old consoles by seeing what gets sanded down relative to the next-gen and PC versions, and it's mostly NPC/vehicle density and uniqueness/detail.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Macichne Leainig posted:

Ok so I'm still playing The Last of Us Part 1 remake and it is growing on me more, but I am loving sick of planks and ladders at this point

You can literally turn the puzzles off.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ohhyeah posted:

How easy is it to get a PS5 these days? Would I be able to just buy one at Christmas time?

Now is prolly your best bet. By December there will be another shortage I bet. Silicon shortage until summer 2023 was the estimate I read a while back.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Forgot about Sifu... should buy it.

Now that there are difficulty levels, is the default still the hard one? I want to play it the original way

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, Sifu, OlliOlli World, and Stray were all games that passed me by and I need to check back in on. Too much bideo jame.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

They excised all the fake reactive stuff they showed in the original trailers and made a game that’s no more in-depth or detailed than your average Bethesda gamebryo turd.

It’s just poorly made.
Do you mean the Bethesda Gamebryo turds that regularly overshoot the performance capabilities of the console platforms they are originally released on?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's not really true at all.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

“Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay. The worst is death… and death will have its day.”

(If you can place the quote, high five and reach arounds!)

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 15, 2022

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, Sifu, OlliOlli World, and Stray were all games that passed me by and I need to check back in on. Too much bideo jame.

OlliOlli World got past me too. But it feels destined to wind up on a subscription service so at this point I'm waiting for that to happen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Frankston posted:

The 60fps upgrade for outer wilds is rough as gently caress. It really struggles.

gently caress sake

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How could Hiro do us like this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bows1 posted:

Forgot about Sifu... should buy it.

Now that there are difficulty levels, is the default still the hard one? I want to play it the original way

they’ve added an easy mode and a hard (Master) mode, default is the original

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Frankston posted:

Outer....... Milds!!!!!!!!!!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Oxxidation posted:

they’ve added an easy mode and a hard (Master) mode, default is the original

good to know thank you

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
thank you to all who bought GoT, i humble myself before your sacrifice

https://twitter.com/FanbyteMedia/status/1570344103162032128

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Outer....... Milds!!!!!!!!!!

been… saying this :negative:

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Vikar Jerome posted:

thank you to all who bought GoT, i humble myself before your sacrifice

https://twitter.com/FanbyteMedia/status/1570344103162032128
I’m loving the Japanese samurai/ninja games renaissance and I haven’t even gotten to GoT yet!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lol

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1570415818625912837

lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It definitely comes off as working the refs from Sony, but that's not actually an incorrect statement (in the sense that the Activision Blizzard acquisition is a massive step toward further media consolidation, which is an inherent bad)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this deal would have major good implications for Xbox gamers and the future of the gamepass imho

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this deal would have major good implications for Xbox gamers and the future of the gamepass imho

It's cool for them until some pencil pusher looks at a bunch of spreadsheets and says "hmm, we don't need all these different redundant departments, let's cut half our new employees" or "single player games aren't selling well, we should stop making them," and they now control 30% of the industry so that decision is incredibly harmful

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

give me sekiro gamepass cowards

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I think we can all agree that the best outcome is that Activision-Blizzard ceases to exist completely and all their IP becomes public domain through some kind of unprecendented legal fuckup.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whatever gets me another THPS remaster

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If crypto and NFTs and COVID hadn't happened they probably wouldn't have bothered for this long and just made everyone buy a 700$ PS5 or no new games for you

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 16, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s just poorly made.

the big tone-establishing cutscene at the beginning of the game is a montage that rapidly jump-cuts between a bunch of different locations with different NPCs, different times of day, etc. and that alone should make the PS4 explode.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just beat the orphan of kos, solo, on my sixth try. It was frantic and fun and wow. I feel great. Recorded the video too :3 man. Steaming through this game. Also when the kos parasite popped in my inventory I got the old hunters weapons trophy!

Only two to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Orphan of Kos is the only Soulsborne boss other than Darkeater Midir to take me more than one entire evening of attempts. Sixth try is super impressive.