Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah that's a bold statement from someone who isn't providing examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

His IG: https://www.instagram.com/tattoodennis76/?hl=en

Definitely some horror stories among recent postings, none I've seen that as bad as the infamous one I guess but nothing I'd want on me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
E:f;b

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
Gummy Bart?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

If someone said they got a Simpsons gummy tattoo that's absolutely not what I would have guessed

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Because the gummy Venus De Milo design is *right there*?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sweet Sweet can... argle hurgle

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The artist just sucks poo poo, any tattoo on their IG is just trash. Probably like $800 an hour too

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Johnny Truant posted:

The artist just sucks poo poo, any tattoo on their IG is just trash. Probably like $800 an hour too

If people want bad tattoos I feel like it’s not my place to judge as long as it’s not a dangerous or dirty process, but I just can’t wrap my head around what this tattoo fulfills. It’s not artistic, the letters are microscopic, what did the client want?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Thirteen Orphans posted:

If people want bad tattoos I feel like it’s not my place to judge as long as it’s not a dangerous or dirty process, but I just can’t wrap my head around what this tattoo fulfills. It’s not artistic, the letters are microscopic, what did the client want?

To be able to say "Yeah, I've got a tattoo", presumably. :shrug:

Also the thumbnail looked like a cleavage shot at first. :wiggle:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Thirteen Orphans posted:

I’m going to make the case for this one, cause it’s actually very good

1) tattoos aren’t cool anymore and haven’t been for a while. They’re for crossfit moms, and grandpas riding 3-wheel motorcycles, and computer programmers. Completely played out.

2) if you ARE going to get a tattoo, why not get something that’s immediately meaningful and symbolically powerful that you can represent in something so tiny nobody will ever see it, even yourself

3) that’s a good tattoo

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Small bart?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

BigFactory posted:

1) tattoos aren’t cool anymore and haven’t been for a while. They’re for crossfit moms, and grandpas riding 3-wheel motorcycles, and computer programmers. Completely played out.

2) if you ARE going to get a tattoo, why not get something that’s immediately meaningful and symbolically powerful that you can represent in something so tiny nobody will ever see it, even yourself

3) that’s a good tattoo

No! This is dumb!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
No u!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

canyoneer posted:

If someone said they got a Simpsons gummy tattoo that's absolutely not what I would have guessed

On the other hand once I saw it, I'd be fine with it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Thirteen Orphans posted:

The client wanted a temporary tattoo and they got one; in about 5 years that thing will have blurred and faded to the point that it will have disappeared.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I would bet money that person has said "tattoos don't hurt"

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!

BigFactory posted:

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/mom-claims-having-no-tattoos-more-punk-than-having-tattoos-if-you-think-about-it/

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The sentiment is right, but irl that mom has a bunch of lovely tattoos.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Yeah a good share of today's little punk rockers have parents with a number of tattoos

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah a good share of today's little punk rockers have parents with a number of tattoos

If your parents are under 60 there’s a good chance they have a bunch of tattoos, with points going up if they’re born again or in law enforcement.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BigFactory posted:

3) that’s a good tattoo

Nah that’s a dumb tattoo applied upon an idiot by a moron.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nah that’s a dumb tattoo applied upon an idiot by a moron.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CzarChasm posted:

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing

It signifies New York City

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’ll signify absolutely nothing in like 2-3 years, or probably a matter of months if that person goes anywhere near sunlight.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Monk #1: Hey how many 3rd knuckles does the average index finger have?
Monk #2: I dunno, like three or something?
Monk #1: Cool, got it, thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgm55gqp5YC/

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Takes No Damage posted:

Monk #1: Hey how many 3rd knuckles does the average index finger have?
Monk #2: I dunno, like three or something?
Monk #1: Cool, got it, thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgm55gqp5YC/

That’s good form for a lefty pitcher throwing a big candle though

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
From that same Insta, I defy anyone here to tell me how the top and bottom of this anchor are connected, or tied to the rope at all:

And that hand... :gay:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
“I refuse to sync”

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Takes No Damage posted:

From that same Insta, I defy anyone here to tell me how the top and bottom of this anchor are connected, or tied to the rope at all:

Probably like

lol at the hand though, it looks like she's developing some extra flippers

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Takes No Damage posted:

Her torso has seen some poo poo 😳

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm going to wedgie every human being involved with this tattoo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is it normal for a tattoo that small to have that red and large of a skin rash?

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
Maybe? Many shops shave dry with a cheap disposable razor, and something as lumpy as a shoulder takes a lot of repeat passes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The redness is the least of the problems with that lovely tattoo tbh

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Could be sunburn or something honestly. It's not like it's super red.

And yeah, that's the least of it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That tattoo is so small it's one of those blink and you'll miss it sort of thing. Before that even fades it'll be hard to spot, much like an old scar.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Endless Mike posted:

Could be sunburn or something honestly. It's not like it's super red.

And yeah, that's the least of it.

Lol at an artist tattooing over a sunburn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Lol at an artist tattooing over a sunburn

That’s New York baby!