Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

So…Who’s *not* chuddy? Seems like having a ‘cool content providers’ list might be good for anyone looking to find new channels.

SuperfastMatt and Aging Wheels seem pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If you enjoy a bit of dicking about with cars and the occasional act of beautiful human kindness, I can heartily recommend Autoalex Cars.

https://youtu.be/6bGO_MxFpPg

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If you enjoy a bit of dicking about with cars and the occasional act of beautiful human kindness, I can heartily recommend Autoalex Cars.

https://youtu.be/6bGO_MxFpPg

He is the most insufferable part of carthrottle videos.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Advent Horizon posted:

So…Who’s *not* chuddy? Seems like having a ‘cool content providers’ list might be good for anyone looking to find new channels.

I can't guarantee that a couple from rural Iowa won't milkshake duck but I'm a big fan of Junkyard Digs and I feel like I've seen them mention anti-racist / anti-sexist stuff offhandedly before but I can't remember for sure. I have learned so much about 60 year old carbureted vehicles that I will never own.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I can't guarantee that a couple from rural Iowa won't milkshake duck but I'm a big fan of Junkyard Digs and I feel like I've seen them mention anti-racist / anti-sexist stuff offhandedly before but I can't remember for sure. I have learned so much about 60 year old carbureted vehicles that I will never own.

They did an off-roading session with one of their rescues once and the friends they joined had Trump stickers all over their truck so my hopes are unfortunately low for Junkyard Digs. Though i live in hope since they seem to do charitable stuff for actual good causes rather than cop related stuff like a lot of other youtubers count as "charity"

Advent Horizon posted:

Aging wheels seems quite tight with Tavarish, and that guy is a twat so who knows......

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Advent Horizon posted:

"I Do Cars" channel on youtube is a straight up AI dude.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Tomarse posted:

Aging wheels seems quite tight with Tavarish, and that guy is a twat so who knows......

Robert Dunn is also pretty close with Alec Watson of Technology Connections, who is very vocally not right-wing. Dunn also has a plethora of EVs, is big on energy conservation, and a few other things make him look not-chuddy.

I’d rather assume that people aren’t shitheads just because some of the people they know are. I know very liberal people married to Trumpers. It’s tough but, again, engagement is better than an echo chamber.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

meatpimp posted:

"I Do Cars" channel on youtube is a straight up AI dude.
Why am I only finding this out now? Not his channel but the fact that he posts here. He's got some of the coolest videos .

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!
I always recommend Taylor Ray whenever someone is looking for a fun car YouTube channel.

https://youtube.com/c/TaylorRayDrifts

He's definitely worth checking out for his sick turbo C6 drift build he's doing currently.

(I guess he's kinda orbiting the Florida crew but I sense none of the chuddiness from him)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

NurSpec posted:

I always recommend Taylor Ray whenever someone is looking for a fun car YouTube channel.

He's definitely worth checking out for his sick turbo C6 drift build he's doing currently.

(I guess he's kinda orbiting the Florida crew but I sense none of the chuddiness from him)

Yup, Taylor is a good dude. Some people can't stand his long content, but I love it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MadScientistWorking posted:

Why am I only finding this out now? Not his channel but the fact that he posts here. He's got some of the coolest videos .

I think he means I Do Cars is the kinda guy that would fit in well here.

If he is a AI Goon then drat, hi there, your videos are cool

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

NurSpec posted:

Yeah the C6 build he’s finishing up right now is really good.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

If he is a AI Goon then drat, hi there, your videos are cool

Yeah I don't recognize any of his cars from here, so either he's not a goon or he's very good at partitioning his life. Either way, I've never seen him get political on either side of the fence nor have I noticed any bigotry, and his content is great, so I'm more than happy to just keep watching and let him not bring it up.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Mentioned this friend's channel before, he's not automotive on this content, but it's still stuff that most AI people find interesting and he knows more about cars and how they work than I do.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5dIscvDxrb7CD5uiJJOiw

He's as far from a chud as anyone I've ever met.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Mentioned this friend's channel before, he's not automotive on this content, but it's still stuff that most AI people find interesting and he knows more about cars and how they work than I do.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5dIscvDxrb7CD5uiJJOiw

He's as far from a chud as anyone I've ever met.

...Wait really? I've watched Adrian's videos pretty much since his first forays into 'I bought an old computer' got recommended to me and I don't think I've ever heard him say anything about cars.

I feel like he maybe had some videos about his car from before when his channel was just random uploads, but they all seemed like DIY type stuff.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah I've known him for almost 20 years, we became friends initially over a shared love of stupid old Apple computers and slow-but-fun cars (he had a Mazdaspeed 3 Protege at the time while I was aspiring to get an E46, I eventually ended up with an E92 M3, and over the years we've talked a lot about buying matching junker S13 240's and doing them up to be fun weekend warrior cars on the track & canyons) - and we've raced thousands of laps in D class Truenos on the Nurburgring with wheel & pedal setups. He also turned me on to not-original-but-the-classic-trio of Top Gear videos via a burned DVD in maybe 2004, it was before James was on the show. Super cool guy who is insanely knowledgeable and a great teacher too.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
If you like EV stuff, particularly conversions (using parts from scrapped nissan leafs) and modifications (modifying a nissan leaf motor with a new inverter for lots of extra power and doing some hacking) this local youtuber seems interesting, haven't gotten any chuddy vibes off him, infact his stated motivation is a concern for the environment:
https://www.youtube.com/c/DalasEVRepair

He's the most local youtuber I know off, like 30-40km from my house.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

I have never unsubscribed quicker from a channel than when he started doing that bullshit :lol:

It was a shame, he used to do some great videos, but around the time he got divorced and moved to his new shop, he started his flag and pledge of allegiance nonsense and I was all done.

He's in my state, too. We're such a blue state we are literally the only state to not vote for Nixon in his landslide reelection. The absolute bluest of blues and this weirdo dingleberry insists on renewing his magical skycloth cult vows on every fuckin video.
He's in my county.

I've met him. There's a reason his wife left him and took the house and chickens. He's talented, but very very far into the Fox News brainworms. It's such a shame because the machinist box giveaway was such a great idea. We desperately need more manual machinists. Partly because many of them are like him and scare anyone young away.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I did, sorry for the confusing vagueness.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SlowBloke posted:

He is the most insufferable part of carthrottle videos.

Have you considered the carthrottle videos were bad regardless of who was in them? :thunk:

I understand he's an acquired taste, he's like a small, hyperactive child at times but I enjoy his genuine enthusiasm as opposed to so many other people's feigned interest in whatever they're doing.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I dont know much about whistlin diesel (probably a chud) but I do know he destroyed two R32 GTRs for clout, which is loving awful

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

lilbeefer posted:

I dont know much about whistlin diesel (probably a chud) but I do know he destroyed two R32 GTRs for clout, which is loving awful

Proto-chud. He can get hosed at any cost.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

lilbeefer posted:

My son watches him sometimes, he's a bored idiot with money, seems to be the case with most youtubers these days

Last video I saw he was working on destroying a brand new G wagon for no apparent reason other than he could

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

kastein posted:

Yeah I don't recognize any of his cars from here, so either he's not a goon or he's very good at partitioning his life. Either way, I've never seen him get political on either side of the fence nor have I noticed any bigotry, and his content is great, so I'm more than happy to just keep watching and let him not bring it up.
Yeah that makes sense. I've never seen him do anything horrible and at least in one instance I kind of found it adorable he helped out one of his coworkers with tearing down an engine they had bought for a personal project.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

I fuckin hate dodge magnums.

Guess I'm going to have to get my sodomy accessories somewhere else.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

lilbeefer posted:

He ruined a really loving nice 80's hilux for laughs. What a shithole.

He definitely gave off bad vibes before even seeing one of his videos to completion.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Have you considered the carthrottle videos were bad regardless of who was in them? :thunk:

I understand he's an acquired taste, he's like a small, hyperactive child at times but I enjoy his genuine enthusiasm as opposed to so many other people's feigned interest in whatever they're doing.

Ethan working on cars is great. Except for the parts where they bully him.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I don't have any taste for destruction these days. Just getting old I guess. Hagerty crushed a WRX recently, and it was totally justified - the frame was swiss cheese. I still just didn't want to see it

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I *hate* that phrase.
Cuss like a real grown up, you pansy. Everybody knows what it means - say what you really want to say.
It's like all the *wink, wink* 420 stuff. ~*it is a drug reference, get it?*~ I know lot's of folks do the 420 stuff as a joke, but it always seems like some of them think they're being sly and/or clever. Same here.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
at least weed was illegal or whatever so there's some sort of justification for it, saying "gently caress $POLITICIAN" has always been a grand tradition

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

mobby_6kl posted:

Ethan working on cars is great. Except for the parts where they bully him.

I enjoy these guys too, their longer format films like recent multi-day road trips and car vs X are usually decent.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

I *hate* that phrase.
Cuss like a real grown up, you pansy. Everybody knows what it means - say what you really want to say.
It's like all the *wink, wink* 420 stuff. ~*it is a drug reference, get it?*~ I know lot's of folks do the 420 stuff as a joke, but it always seems like some of them think they're being sly and/or clever. Same here.

They don't do it because they're going nudge nudge wink wink to another chud, they do it because it gets the libs to go "we know what it means, why don't they just SAY gently caress Joe Biden?"

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

evobatman posted:

They don't do it because they're going nudge nudge wink wink to another chud, they do it because it gets the libs to go "we know what it means, why don't they just SAY gently caress Joe Biden?"

Maybe where you are, but I frequent areas around me where people still get mad if you swear in front of minors.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Already mentioned, but Cutting Edge Engineering is a good machining channel. The guy does repairs on heavy mining equipment in Australia.

I like Autogefuhl, their reviews are very matter of fact and the main host, Thomas is incredibly German in his reviews. The only politics that come up are Thomas is a vegan, and he always mentions if a car interior is leather (animal skin) and says that he hopes manufacturers continue to come up with more leather alternatives.

I also like Authur Tussik. He's Russian who lives in Latvia and does auto body repairs. His videos are in Russian but he has English subtitles that I think are done with a translation program.

After the Russian invasion of Ukraine, he put out a video saying invading countries isn't a good idea and maybe we should talk to the people there first to find out if they really need help before we invade. Which, for a Russian living in Eastern Europe, is a pretty strong statement.

Changing topics slightly, I've had to leave several Discords and Whatsapp groups over the last few months as they were all slowly over run with alt-right idiots. New people were always slowly joining the channel but starting in the late spring they new members started injecting politics into every discussion, then throwing around "cuck", SJWs", and "Brandon". Soon people when people would post photos there would be a "Trump 2024" or a "Stop the Steal" sticker somewhere in the frame and the people in the photo would usually be posing with the "OK" hand gesture. When people would bring it up they 'd get made fun of for being a "triggered liberal". Eventually, most of the original members left the groups. In hind sight it was obviously all clearly preplanned to start out gradually and slowly ramp up the rhetoric.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 19, 2022

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
M359 Restorations has some pretty good BMW rebuilding material, and as far as I've noticed don't seem to be political at all/if so they are not blatant chuds. I've been watching their newest project of rebuilding a Silverstone II silver E92 M3 with a blown up crankshaft in the cylinders.

Statesidesupercars has a ton of great Nordschliefe content but that's just statement-free video footage of people crashing on the 'Ring, the flood of supercars at the gas stations around it etc.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
The Mercedessource guy has been completely apolitical as far as I can tell, and extremely informative.

Drivetribe is good.

Mr. Darcy and the Ol' Man seem to do purely harmless motorcycle reviews.

Comedy option 3Dbotmaker.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Drivetribe is good.

I mean, who really cares and all that, but let’s not pretend that Clarkson and Hammond aren’t massively Tory as gently caress, Clarkson often vocally so

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Ok Comboomer posted:

I mean, who really cares and all that, but let’s not pretend that Clarkson and Hammond aren’t massively Tory as gently caress, Clarkson often vocally so

Yeah but I don't think that extends to the rest of the crew or even James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Yeah but I don't think that extends to the rest of the crew or even James.

I once left a comment on a James video asking if the prominent featuring of Orbea bikes was the result of a deal of some sort and he wrote me a really thoughtful response explaining that he was afraid people might think that, but no he was just a huge fan of his bicycles and wanted to show them off