Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
sumo slaps are not to be hosed with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
What can I say, when a 300+lb immensely strong guy who spends all his time learning how to apply hip drive to his strikes and throws slaps the taste out of your mouth, sometimes you take a little nap.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Kenning posted:

Day 4 standings

Makuuchi
code:
17	Mode 7

Wildly uncomfortable with this level of early success, normally by this point I'm looking at at least one of my picks and drowning in bitter regret. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SHODAI

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

whats for dinner posted:

I feel like one or two basho a year we see one of those haymakers knock someone out on the clay and that is by far the most impressive one I've seen

Yet another stupid newbie question, but what's the kimarite for "knocked a guy tf out"?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Wildly uncomfortable with this level of early success, normally by this point I'm looking at at least one of my picks and drowning in bitter regret. :v:

Day 5 hello comfort zone!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

if makuuchi basho were 7 matches tamawashi would be a yokozuna. even before today i was thinking how he'd always be my week 1 pick if fantasy sumo were split into two weeks

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

JohnCompany posted:

Yet another stupid newbie question, but what's the kimarite for "knocked a guy tf out"?

I would also like to know this! It might be Tsukitaoshi or "Frontal Thrust Down" which is about the closest that I can see in that list.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Thauros posted:

if makuuchi basho were 7 matches tamawashi would be a yokozuna. even before today i was thinking how he'd always be my week 1 pick if fantasy sumo were split into two weeks

I may or may not have abused this in the past by picking ol' Tommy for the early points plus kinboshi then swapping him out before the week was up. :blush:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Alright, day 5 done, let's get this joker Ryuden outta here. If that shithead can't even pick up any points, there's zero reason for him to be on my team. Per my initial draft picks, trading him for Oho or Ichiyamamoto, in that order.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Takakeisho is just brutal this basho. Very explosive drive and looking pretty strong to boot.

Terunofuji is not looking 100% :(

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Terunofuji/Tamawashi. Who is the yokozuna again? Tamawashi threw him around like a doll.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

No doubt Teru is pulling out soon if not tomorrow. He looks hurt and he was able to gut it out last basho but he needs the rest. No sense in handing out kinboshi like this.

Takakeisho is looking really great this basho. His explosion is back where it was and he seems to have added more layers to his game. So now you have to survive a secondary attack if you make it pay the tachiai.

Glad WKK on the win but bring back the blue mawashi. It clearly had your power in it!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I'm gonna make a bold call and ask to trade for day 6:

Trading Teru for Takakeisho or Mitakeumi in that order.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Takakeisho looking good and he's probably got the best Plan A in the field of he's at full power. Like Teru is overall better, but he can beat you in different ways. Taka is just going to smash into you and very few guys are big and strong enough to take his tachiai without getting driven back even if they know it's coming.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Trade request: Hoshoryu for Wakatakakage

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Trade Request Ryuden for Yutakayama for day 6

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hilarious henka backfire for Chiotairyu today. Absolute own goal

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Kuros posted:

I'm gonna make a bold call and ask to trade for day 6:

Trading Teru for Takakeisho or Mitakeumi in that order.

Hello yes Fantasy Sumo Council? I would also like to trade Teru for Takakeisho or Mitakeumi.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Looks like the last vestige of the English streams have been cut off :( only ABEMA from here out.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Time for a Goonzeki Gang play by play stream.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

It's been a really nice surprise seeing everyone hoisted by the Ryuden petard this week.

Tamawashi deploying an excellent nodowa to keep the clearly out of form Yokozuna off-balance. He's on form so far this basho.

Chiyoshoma is definitely more on-form this basho than the last couple.

Pretty good overall day with some solid matches. My team fared better than usual, which is always nice.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Can someone explain to me why everyone cheers at the Terutsuyoshi over the top salt throw? It seems obnoxious to me.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nativity In Black posted:

Can someone explain to me why everyone cheers at the Terutsuyoshi over the top salt throw? It seems obnoxious to me.

because its awesome

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i didn't know we had an elder in our midst...

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Some day the opposing rikishi isn't going to politely wait for the big salt throw and its gonna create a legendary feud

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It's obnoxious as gently caress and he's not performing well enough to earn that particular bit of showboating.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

multiple elders in the thread confirmed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
beats his old gimmick where he'd take exactly three grains of salt and get down on his hands and knees to precisely place them inside the rope at exact intervals - like orion's belt.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzd7lIzZ1eQ

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I like the salt throw a lot more than Terutsuyoshi's new gimmick of completely failing a leg pick every single fight

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Ura has been told to watch his sodium levels by his doc while Teru salts like he's gonna be cooking a giant pot of pasta.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

add me to the tally it's lame

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

we've done it. we've grown so large we have factions. gang tags will now have E and W to delineate which side of the salt wars you're on.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://thewest.com.au/business/herd-on-the-terrace/was-useless-loop-proves-its-worth-its-salt-on-world-sumo-wrestling-stage-ng-b881241128z

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

bessantj posted:

Terunofuji/Tamawashi. Who is the yokozuna again? Tamawashi threw him around like a doll.

Teru's legs are completely shot already at this point, he's fighting super light on his knees and Tamawashi chucking him around was a consequence of his point of balance being so high.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

It's me

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

lmao