Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

Potato shake? WTF?

...is that like a thing?

Mick says “try ‘em !”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TBF, celebrities and failed restaurants go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

Does mickey Rooney exist.

How far down does this rabbit hole of deception go???

He did at one point

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Mickey Rooney was married to Ava Gardner.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

dr_rat posted:

Interesting question, is there anyway a Garfield themed restaurant chain could of really worked in some how 2020 (minus the covid stuff)?

I think it could have worked if the food had been good and it actually served people food and let them eat it. Pitching it as an iPad ordering, app based takeaway was nuts.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Sad news, folks.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
No one died! They can continue to live out their depraved potato fantasies

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Escape From Noise posted:

Probably his lack of anything resembling focus, drive, an understanding of what the customer wants, an understanding of food, an understanding of customer service, etc. I'm not praising him. I'm just saying that the restaurant business is full of crazy assholes.

LANDMONSTERS :mad:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
After I got a COVID vaccine booster I had a dream where I was eating a big plate of diner hash browns and french fries.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Mickey Rooney was married to Ava Gardner.

She a famous Pumpkin themed restaurateur or something?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dr_rat posted:

She a famous Pumpkin themed restaurateur or something?

The best spud breeder in all of Idaho

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

The best spud breeder in all of Idaho

That's quite the claim to fame. Not saying she wasn't or anything, just that many made that claim before and weren't.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

After I got a COVID vaccine booster I had a dream where I was eating a big plate of diner hash browns and french fries.

I got one yesterday and dreamt about ghosts trying to steal a Marine strike team’s dicks and balls. Those ghosts were just leaving dismembered dicks and balls lying around. It was hosed up.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
They may have been space marines, I’m not entirely certain. Also their CO was a woman named “Tracy” who seemed very concerned about the dick and ball theft but I suspected was in league with the ghosts

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Potato Fantasy was a parody but Rooney's real restaurant "Mickey's Weenie World" might have actually been worse.
https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/1033335534284943361?s=20&t=a1PDL0RL3NTUem7hnZiU7Q

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Potato Fantasy was a parody but Rooney's real restaurant "Mickey's Weenie World" might have actually been worse.
https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/1033335534284943361?s=20&t=a1PDL0RL3NTUem7hnZiU7Q

:psypop:

here's a terrible web 1.0 clearinghouse of Mickey Rooney investment anecdotes and journalism:

https://thelifeandtimesofhollywood....y-18000-at-his/

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Guy made like six figures a week for decades and died with 18k in his account. Definitely a big spender.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

:psypop:

here's a terrible web 1.0 clearinghouse of Mickey Rooney investment anecdotes and journalism:

https://thelifeandtimesofhollywood....y-18000-at-his/

That Website posted:

Mickey Rooney’s Tabas Hotel and Inn -and Theater in Downington, Pa. Donald Trump told us he warned Mickey not to invest in this as Atlantic City was opening. It closed.

Lol

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

Pay $100 to have your name printed in 4 point font size in list of a hundred other names that scroll across the screen at warp speed in the last 2 seconds of the credits which is just Nathan slow rolling 26 pages of text where he is in 90% of the staff listings

That's presuming there will be a hundred "investors", which is a pretty big presumption. Weren't there "hundreds" of applicants (on paper) to speed-date Nathen?

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1570427610949386241?s=46&t=hjBljmEXw0OkwZYPKBO0ng

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Why'd he at Musk? Musk hasn't been involved with PayPal for years.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Why'd he at Musk? Musk hasn't been involved with PayPal for years.

He like attention.

(This obviously applies to them both)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I just think it's hilarious he's pulling a "DO SOMETHING!" on Musk for some disjointed rant about PayPal.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Paypal stapled my fanvestor money to their website and now I can't get it to make my animated dating show about cleanisng the bitch Earth

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1570437353025437709

6 replies?? (4 of them are him, lol)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TBF, celebrities and failed restaurants go together like peanut butter and jelly.
RIP Pastamania, brother.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

RIP Pastamania, brother.

The ol' wrestaurant

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Joe Biden is going to launch an immediate investigation on Paypal.

(Hasn't PayPal been notorious forever for locking up your money randomly? I feel like I heard complaints about that over a decade ago)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The ol' wrestaurant

Oh come on you have to post the best one

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Cenas from an Italian Wrestaurant

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

So uh, PayPal usually only freezes money if it looks like something shady is going on Nathen

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh come on you have to post the best one

Post his weird racist beach club that literally did everything it could to spell out “no black people” without specifically saying “no black people”

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Futanari Damacy posted:

Cenas from an Italian Wrestaurant

Lol

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

sharknado slashfic posted:

(Hasn't PayPal been notorious forever for locking up your money randomly? I feel like I heard complaints about that over a decade ago)

not sure if it's still the case, but paypal used to be extremely lovely towards anyone even vaguely related to the production of sexual content. maybe nathen's branching out now that he's renounced #celibsexcy

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres a 99% chance he's complaining about standard transaction fees / processing times

notice the reply from paypal: philippines lmfao

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
He really needs the like 9 dollars from his tiny fanvestorbase

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I just think it's hilarious he's pulling a "DO SOMETHING!" on Musk for some disjointed rant about PayPal.

Oh yeah, it 100% is. Would of been good if musk had actually responded, as seeing those two deluded assholes interact in anyway would of certainly been a sight.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Oh yeah, it 100% is. Would of been good if musk had actually responded, as seeing those two deluded assholes interact in anyway would of certainly been a sight.

Oh man! Remember Elon's weird Tesla drive-in idea? I wonder what Nathen would contribute.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

sharknado slashfic posted:

Joe Biden is going to launch an immediate investigation on Paypal.

Yes. It’s even an infamous part of forum lore.

After Katrina (17 years ago :monocle:), Lowtax set up a PayPal for hurricane relief. After raising $30k in a day, PayPal locked the account and refused to disburse funds unless Lowtax provided tracking numbers for the “goods” PayPal thought the donors were due. Since that’s loving stupid, he asked them to just donate it to the Red Cross, which they also refused to do, saying they would only send donations to the United Way. After folks here pointed out that the United Way has some…dubious practices, Lowtax told them to just refund everything, and they only did that after keeping the forex fees.

Of course, it’s Lowtax, so who knows how much of it was a lie, but he put up a front page article about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh man! Remember Elon's weird Tesla drive-in idea? I wonder what Nathen would contribute.

If it was make it entergagment'y by making everything Jetsons themed, I reckon that might just of gotten Elon buy in. Only thing I can really think of where they're two "brands" would merge.