Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

How can anyone not love this guy https://twitter.com/kicks/status/1398078821488791553?lang=en

Wake me up when America bombs your home and you go from being a coke drinking cheese pie eating fatty to the best player in the NBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol and I get accused of trolling

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

lol and I get accused of trolling

Yeah sorry not my fault you root for American imperialism to crush a large Slavic king

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
embiid is Cameroonian

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

skipmyseashells posted:

embiid is Cameroonian

One of only two African states that doesn't recognize the state of Palestine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

some one post the espn top 25

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Yossarian-22 posted:

How can anyone not love this guy https://twitter.com/kicks/status/1398078821488791553?lang=en

Wake me up when America bombs your home and you go from being a coke drinking cheese pie eating fatty to the best player in the NBA

The Toni kukoc interview about how Jordan/pippen thought they were in his head was great because kukoc said it was nothing compared to the daily bombings he dealt with

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are implying that the life is some white European during like 2 weeks in the 1990s was in anyway as bad as what African Americans put up with their entire life … man I don’t know

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

interesting

he was forced behind the scenes no doubt so as not to create a further public precedent

https://twitter.com/geraldbourguet/status/1572624451921129473?s=46&t=uMPxnqzCtYNnqQJUeZ31nQ

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lmao and that's after Silver went out and tried to defend him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1572647389433036800?s=46&t=uMPxnqzCtYNnqQJUeZ31nQ

Raving racist and mysogonist makes a billion dollars

“Progress!” Says Lebron

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

don’t forget when he broke up the wildcat strike

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

a new study bible! posted:

the bobcats didn’t stand a chance against lebron in 2013 to be fair

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
drat Chris paul is an assassin, maybe we been giving him too much poo poo.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

If you are implying that the life is some white European during like 2 weeks in the 1990s was in anyway as bad as what African Americans put up with their entire life … man I don’t know

Life in Eastern Europe immediately after the Soviet Union collapsed was pretty loving awful, especially in the Balkans and Russia itself. It's the reason why fascism is rising in the region

Circumstances depend I guess. Worse than growing up in rich NC suburbs like Michael Jordan but on average better than the lives that many Black people have to live in the U.S.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1572647389433036800?s=46&t=uMPxnqzCtYNnqQJUeZ31nQ

Raving racist and mysogonist makes a billion dollars

“Progress!” Says Lebron

Sadly this is most normie opinion. When Donald Sterling sold the Clippers that was also how most people felt. In that case he was forced to sell though

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

thanks obama

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RIP Celtics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they call it consensual but that is text book sexual harassment

the Celtics will be fine . who cares who the coach is .

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Having Stevens as coach sure didn't work well for us :shepicide:

Hell maybe that's the best option now, who knows

Rob is finally getting surgery on that knee too and of course Gallo went down in the euros. Apparently the Celts are still the betting favorite in Vegas though lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the big difference was horford . 99% horford. they would have had the same results with stevens as coach . it doesn’t matter .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gallo getting hurt helps the Celtics . he’s bad .

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Do we bring in Stevens as GM slash coach or Horford as player slash coach

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

as I said it does not matter. they have to fire Udoka tho . that is really bad what he did

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
lol celtics

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Does anyone have a recommendation of a general NBA podcast that does a good job covering league news and happenings as well as a general overview on standings as the season progresses? Ideally only something that updates once or twice a week, not looking for multiple hours a day or detailed game breakdowns, just something to help keep tabs on what's happening while I commute.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Someone figured out who it was (because the Celtics only have one female staffer (lmao)) and I'm not gonna repost because that seems mean-spirited but apparently she is also married

and a WNBA player for the record

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation of a general NBA podcast that does a good job covering league news and happenings as well as a general overview on standings as the season progresses? Ideally only something that updates once or twice a week, not looking for multiple hours a day or detailed game breakdowns, just something to help keep tabs on what's happening while I commute.

dunked on . you have to pay tho

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Eh, I'm hoping for free if possible.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/EnesFreedom/status/1572954256134606849

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

who must go?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would also like to call out Ime Udoka for not giving me starting minutes on the Celtics Finals squad due to my posting (it's too good and he was intimidated by it)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I can't find it now but there was audio going around of the Thunder coach from when Enes played for them saying something like "get Kanter the gently caress out of there" after he missed literally every defensive assignment. It was said with such exasperation and sadness that it has never fully left my head, like a father frustrated that his son can't play basketball but it's about a professional paid millions of dollars.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Azathoth posted:

I can't find it now but there was audio going around of the Thunder coach from when Enes played for them saying something like "get Kanter the gently caress out of there" after he missed literally every defensive assignment. It was said with such exasperation and sadness that it has never fully left my head, like a father frustrated that his son can't play basketball but it's about a professional paid millions of dollars.

https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/853809851163709440

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1572972772531359747

Not sure I get this move tbh

Like, I guess if you're not firing him using an assistant instead of bringing in an outsider makes sense, but, they're either implicitly telling Mazzulla that it doesn't matter how the team actually DOES this year because Ime's back afterward regardless, or leaving the option to fire Ime next year instead of right now. Much cleaner to just let him go IMO

maybe they think the Nets would pick him up if they did or something

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It feels more to me like they don't think they have contractual cause to outright fire him so they're doing this so the team can move forward knowing who the coach will be for the season while they either look to unload him to another team, get the lawyers on board if they think they have cause to fire him, or come to some arrangement where they all go their separate ways.

I'd bet the last one happens, and I'm sure he'd be snapped up in a heartbeat by a number of teams.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1572972772531359747

Not sure I get this move tbh

Like, I guess if you're not firing him using an assistant instead of bringing in an outsider makes sense, but, they're either implicitly telling Mazzulla that it doesn't matter how the team actually DOES this year because Ime's back afterward regardless, or leaving the option to fire Ime next year instead of right now. Much cleaner to just let him go IMO

maybe they think the Nets would pick him up if they did or something

lmfao my man was married to nia long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they keep saying consensual as idk .. spin .. but the whole point of sexual harassment is that it’s not really consensual