Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's smoking, a cultural indifference to repeatedly getting sunburned to poo poo, a higher proportion of people engaged in heavy manual labour and I think moisturiser hadn't been discovered back then either.

I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's smoking, a cultural indifference to repeatedly getting sunburned to poo poo, a higher proportion of people engaged in heavy manual labour and I think moisturiser hadn't been discovered back then either.

I think.

also everyone was an alcoholic

can't forget the wonderful effects of constant exposure to leaded petrol fumes too

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

crispix posted:

you just don't see proper grannies like that anymore, i miss them :(

When my Granny Sadie died a few years ago, she was the last of them to go, I think

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

DesperateDan posted:

also everyone was an alcoholic

can't forget the wonderful effects of constant exposure to leaded petrol fumes too

Also a healthy does of mental tricks of perception.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

His Divine Shadow posted:

Also a healthy does of mental tricks of perception.

Yeah, they are wearing what we consider to be old peoples cloths, with old fashioned hair cuts. which ages them in our eyes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not sure that explains the people going around with more canyons in their face at age 35 than most journalists have in their brain.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Some people just look old, so that can be selection bias. I was in the army (conscription) at age 20 with a guy a year younger than me, he looked 50. I remember that guy because of his appearance and also because of his resistance to cold. He froze to the ground one time when on guard, just sat on the ground in freezing weather.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also yeah, we're used to seeing young pretty people or old rugged people in media, some people just don't look pretty.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I would swear that English people generally look younger than Americans. Celebrities aside American 18 year olds seem to look older than British 18 year olds and then hit 30 super hard.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Reminds me of the anecdote that there was a footballer nicknamed 'the baby faced assassin' and Wayne Rooney was nicknamed 'the assassin faced baby'.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ALERT: we have reached Maximum Queue https://twitter.com/DCMS/status/1570696999372214272

Please wait patiently for the queue to resume. Perhaps in some sort of orderly structure.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Tesseraction posted:

Please wait patiently for the queue to resume. Perhaps in some sort of orderly structure.

How do you close a queue? Are they going to have police at the end of the queue, telling people to gently caress off? What do they plan on doing if people ignore them? Can you be arrested for standing on a street in London? So many queuestions

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Start a queue for joining the queue

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Joining the queue for the queue when it opens back up. The queuequeue is growing rapidly

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can't say I didn't mishear but Radio 2 seemed to suggest that Harry has been re-granted the right to wear his military uniform for the funeral. Wonder if he's been reinstated into the royals.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

https://twitter.com/BBCFLauraKT/status/1570413016214130688?t=G67B9BTba1Q4UnpPgVzW_w&s=19

Sheer loving disconnection from reality.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the Laura Pravda parody account may well be joking

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

Can't say I didn't mishear but Radio 2 seemed to suggest that Harry has been re-granted the right to wear his military uniform for the funeral. Wonder if he's been reinstated into the royals.

This being the maximum chaos timeline, William is going to reveal that he's actually gay and none of the kids are his, divorce Kate and abdicate so he can live happily with his boyfriend.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I would legit prefer Harry over William, if only for the mass national decunting Meghan Markle becoming Queen Consort would perform via blood pressure.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Scientastic posted:

How do you close a queue? Are they going to have police at the end of the queue, telling people to gently caress off? What do they plan on doing if people ignore them? Can you be arrested for standing on a street in London? So many queuestions

If you can be arrested for standing in a queue then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkCBhKs4faI

has never been more true.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Jedit posted:

This being the maximum chaos timeline, William is going to reveal that he's actually gay and none of the kids are his, divorce Kate and abdicate so he can live happily with his boyfriend.

Then someone reveals Harry isn't Charlie's biological kid after all, and we end up with King Nonce of the Paedoph Isles.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

It was on the front of one of the "newspapers" (sic) so it might be legit. Luckily there's nothing more important going on.

LOOK CLOSER

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

I would legit prefer Harry over William, if only for the mass national decunting Meghan Markle becoming Queen Consort would perform via blood pressure.

Harry would absolutely be better than William. William has inherited his father's pomposity and sense of entitlement, while Harry has inherited his father's sense of duty and history of active military service.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

xtothez posted:

Then someone reveals Harry isn't Charlie's biological kid after all, and we end up with King Nonce of the Paedoph Isles.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Not sharing any genes with the royal family is certainly helped Harry be a bit more normal

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wasn't Diana like a cousin anyway, there's probably some of that lizard DNA in there somewhere.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Decervelage/status/1570206623955824641?t=wXCpactunNNu23YflyTp8g&s=19

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Tomberforce posted:

Yeah I watched some old cricket highlights of the England team from the 1980s when most of them were younger than I am now (35) but they look so old!

I think moustaches are a big factor.

There was something a couple of years back about how the turbo-communist Seumas Milne looked younger than the equivalent Tory functionary half his age.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
After years of playing "define woman" you should at least half expect to have it turned back on you.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Only Kindness posted:

It was on the front of one of the "newspapers" (sic) so it might be legit. Luckily there's nothing more important going on.

LOOK CLOSER

OK, OK. I R dumb, I get it.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

After years of playing "define woman" you should at least half expect to have it turned back on you.

I know her. She live in Chelmsford and is a terrible pisshead. Wonder if it's coffee in that cup...

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
:emptyquote:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

lmao, what a loving dipshit

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Lab-dumb fightback https://twitter.com/ElonMusgraves/status/1570717281017286660

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Scientastic posted:

You need to get a wristband to stand in the queue. Yesterday when I came past they were preventing people from joining the actual end of the queue and making them do a short length of extra queue route that didn't have anyone in it first. And yes, an army of stewards and cops.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

josh04 posted:

You need to get a wristband to stand in the queue. Yesterday when I came past they were preventing people from joining the actual end of the queue and making them do a short length of extra queue route that didn't have anyone in it first. And yes, an army of stewards and cops.

The other day you only got the wristbands when you got past Southwark Bridge - no-one before that had them. I don't know if that's changed.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

This is a particularly bad result as the turnout in this by-election isn't even that low compared to what the regular council election was last time.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Who would have thought relentlessly persecuting brown people in the party and muslims especially might have had this outcome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TatVision/status/1570709269015855109