Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyjeaDBgl4

Fuuck shocked at the effort konami are putting in

It looks so good, this is so much better than I was ever hoping for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Epic snipe

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Xenogears, Suikoden 1 and 2, Dragon Quest XI, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy 1-VI pixel remasters.

Just rattling off jRPGs I am going to play and hopefully enjoy.

:neckbeard:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Noob Saibot posted:

This is how Konami makes their big comeback into gaming? With….Suikoden?

They never left it just wasn't games anyone here cared about

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I am excited to finally get a chance to play Suikoden! Never really got a chance to play many jrpgs as a kid!

On PC :twisted:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/MichaelPHuber/status/1570663659013275648?t=kp0zXKCkbRXIG5O_xmCrHw&s=19

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Xenogears, Suikoden 1 and 2, Dragon Quest XI, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy 1-VI pixel remasters.

Even I know you gotta put Chrono Trigger on this!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh man you are correct, I knew I was missing some! (I have been given a tremendously huge list. Seriously. 40 games I think)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Well done I'm proud of you :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I never stopped believing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goldeneye remaster... konami return to gaming... it's all lining up... bloodborne ps5 so so soon :pray:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibpBLv47IaY

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

goldeneye remaster... konami return to gaming... it's all lining up... bloodborne ps5 so so soon :pray:

Inshallah

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Remasters not coming out til 2023 apparently, elden ring goty status safe for now

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Installah the PS4 version of Bloodborne or play it on PC via PSNow :q:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Installah the PS4 version of Bloodborne or play it on PC via PSNow :q:

I never uninstalled it, friend. And I literally played it last night.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

VideoGames posted:

You're half right about "playing" xenogears anyway

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this spaceship banjo game scary af

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

He's 100% right about Xenogears being 1000% legend

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I could do without the back half which is just like 12 hours of cutscenes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's got dungeons and battles and other stuff. The game is goated.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Xenogears is an all-time classic but it's fair to say that it has a lot of problems, problems that have now existed for 25 years so they'd be impossible to address in any theoretical remake/remaster without upsetting a large contingent of people.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Veeg narrating the second half of xenogears is gonna be his demo tape which will launch him to voice acting superstardom

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyjeaDBgl4

Fuuck shocked at the effort konami are putting in

The sprites being as good as they are really make those character portraits stand out. It's like I'm looking at Hard Edge or something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

The sprites being as good as they are really make those character portraits stand out. It's like I'm looking at Hard Edge or something.

Yeah, the character portraits for the first game look a bit too clean to me.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, the character portraits for the first game look a bit too clean to me.

I was thinking the same. It's a bit of a shame cuz I really like the original art style, but it's such low res that idk if they'd even be able to scale them up properly and still have them look good

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

this spaceship banjo game scary af

What did you see (it’s really not that scary, except for like one area, and also the dlc)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

What did you see (it’s really not that scary, except for like one area, and also the dlc)

it scares me on some weird primal level that i have a hard time articulating. not a bad thing, mind you

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Literally everything and everywhere is legit terrifying in outer Wilds

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

it scares me on some weird primal level that i have a hard time articulating. not a bad thing, mind you

The thing that rules is I cannot tell which planet/s you've visited yet. They've all got weird primal things going on.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Veeg narrating the second half of xenogears is gonna be his demo tape which will launch him to voice acting superstardom

I am going to properly prepare for this :twisted: Get my voices going! The whole rangeeee.

Nail Rat posted:

Gimme good story over everything when it comes to games!

I can deal with long cutscenes if I am engrossed because stories are what fascinate me the most. Telling a good story through a medium this interactive is my most interested part of playing video games. Not just the basic plot, but all the extra stuff like character voices, design and architecture, music moments. Gameplay is great, but making the story bounce from the game into my brain is where I am the most switched on. And the more switched on I am, the more my brain works furiously to theorise and figure things out. :D

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Yeah I mean I actually do get it, but I think you’ll get used to it once you go to every planet and see what’s up. I am curious what you think of the areas that are intentionally scary (where there’s like horror soundtrack type drones)

I wish I could play Subnautica but I just literally can’t do underwater levels in games, even the very brief underwater sections in the last of us scared me every time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everytime people talk about Outer Wilds I feel like they played a different game than me and I want to play that game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

I wish I could play Subnautica but I just literally can’t do underwater levels in games, even the very brief underwater sections in the last of us scared me every time.

Was it an issue for you in SOMA?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Everytime people talk about Outer Wilds I feel like they played a different game than me and I want to play that game.

I need to be in the right mindset, chill, other games finished, notifications off.

Outer Wilds and Hardspace: Shipbreaker, my zero-g anxiety september in a nutshell.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
gently caress yes Suikoden 1 and 2!!! Was itching to replay them soon but maybe I’ll just wait, hope it’s not too far into 2023. Too many games!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really really wanted to like it. in fact I have restarted it twice and put a decent amount of time into it, but there is just nothing I like about it. I'm tempted to give the PS5 version another go but I feel like it's futile at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When's Valve gonna rerelease Portal 1 & 2 on PS5 with realistic fluid simulations already?