Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Very nice, where's the brick wall from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Kharnifex posted:

Very nice, where's the brick wall from?

I made it from something I found for xmas diorama's and cork. Glued the pad top the cork and sculpted the wall as best as I could. You can see some of it kinda separating from the cork in one or two of the guys.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think the Underworlds ones get they own AOS rules eventually. Maybe check in the AOS thread?

Ah lol I'm a moron.

In 30k news I'm getting those emperor's children to paint they're busy, but they're busy boys.

Major Spag posted:

Just gunna keep on dakka. That's all you can do.

These are so nice

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks!

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Would it be worth it to pick up one or two Rhinos for an army? I know they apparently aren't super durable this edition but all I have for transport for my iron warriors is the spartan from the set and I'd rather use those points for something else currently.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Lucinice posted:

Would it be worth it to pick up one or two Rhinos for an army? I know they apparently aren't super durable this edition but all I have for transport for my iron warriors is the spartan from the set and I'd rather use those points for something else currently.

Unless you're particularly hard up for cash, or would rather spend the money on a Land Raider (this is a good choice too), they seem like a safe buy. Even if you don't use them often, you're definitely going to use them at some point. I've got far more than I use regularly and will be buying more as soon as I can get them.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I *love* rhinos and keeping them cheap, they keep your expensive/important troops safe and give your opponent less options on where to put regular small arms, they can block lanes once empty and just get in the way of enemy maneuvering, occasionally exploding when killed in close combat, taking a couple dudes with them is never not funny too

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I've got an old RT landraider, a printed RT Landraider I haven't assembled yet, and I'm going to buy one,

The printed one is very close to the original beige plastics, once I assemble it and paint it I'll show it off

I'm wondering size wise the original might be shorter but taller

Does anyone have a link to the original iron havoc assembly instructions?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Kharnifex posted:

I've got an old RT landraider, a printed RT Landraider I haven't assembled yet, and I'm going to buy one,

The printed one is very close to the original beige plastics, once I assemble it and paint it I'll show it off

I'm wondering size wise the original might be shorter but taller

Does anyone have a link to the original iron havoc assembly instructions?

You dont by chance have a link to somewhere i could buy an stl for that? I've been wanting a couple of them but original OOP is eyewatering

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

working mom posted:

You dont by chance have a link to somewhere i could buy an stl for that? I've been wanting a couple of them but original OOP is eyewatering

These are free, so probably not a bad starting place.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/arkhan-s-assaulter-for-grimdark-civil-war-space-lads
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/arkhan-s-explorer-for-grimdark-civil-war-space-lads-hull-only

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

working mom posted:

Yes mate, I really love this one

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/land-raider-old-vonerpeler

Also, if you are looking for old stuff, 'baggers' has some 3d scans of rogue trader stuff. Download the stls as he privates them everytime GW goes on the warpath

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

How does the new Lascannon work? I don't see any hands on the model and it looks like there's a shoulder cushion.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

moths posted:

How does the new Lascannon work? I don't see any hands on the model and it looks like there's a shoulder cushion.

There are arms included in the kit for the lascannon. Goes on the shoulder.

Thread content edit: working on a veteran squad of axes/shotguns for my IW, got 3 prototyped minus heads. I have to sculpt new necks because the Tortuga bodies have way too huge of them, along with other details like fur trim on a shoulder, figuring out a shoulder plate since standard left shoulders don't fit and of course, the actual banner for the banner pole. I'm a bit disappointed I can't get the shotguns to fit anyone but the sergeant so far, but my local is reasonable enough and won't cause issues over it.

Yes, all three having visible bionic left arms is unintentional, the others will have it flipped to balance out. Mold lines were cleaned up later.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 10, 2022

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Kharnifex posted:

Yes mate, I really love this one

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/land-raider-old-vonerpeler

Also, if you are looking for old stuff, 'baggers' has some 3d scans of rogue trader stuff. Download the stls as he privates them everytime GW goes on the warpath

That is perfect, baggers has some rad stuff too thank you!

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

reached the point where i've become distracted from getting a tactical squad ready to paint by working on a whole different tactical squad that's more complicated. that's a good sign right

have a rough idea of an allied detachment with some Gorgons and a herald in a spartan, since I don't think I'll use the one in the box for the EC

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm still working my way through the Mechanicum book, but did Lacyraemarta lose recycling thralls or am I just missing it?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Another new assassin.

Sorry, no model updates of my own - been in a rough patch for painting, waiting on supplies, and not had much opportunity for sculpting work. I'll get more IW together to show off eventually.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i stopped playing heresy around inferno because it got tedious trying to interpolate various 40k editions into the game and then they do this??? fine! i'll come back!!!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i stopped playing heresy around inferno because it got tedious trying to interpolate various 40k editions into the game and then they do this??? fine! i'll come back!!!

Don't worry, people are VERY ANGRY about all the support the game is getting.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Speaking of the support the game is getting, new exemplary battle is up. Interesting choice to base the unit off of Despoilers, but it looks like it's actually a good unit that (partially) solves the techmarine problem of "any unit I want to be attached to wants to be away from the things I'm trying to fix", with some different traits that offer a good distinct choice.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

You can get tabled in your own turn now. The game owns

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SkyeAuroline posted:

Speaking of the support the game is getting, new exemplary battle is up. Interesting choice to base the unit off of Despoilers, but it looks like it's actually a good unit that (partially) solves the techmarine problem of "any unit I want to be attached to wants to be away from the things I'm trying to fix", with some different traits that offer a good distinct choice.

These look fun, I think I might get to work converting up a squad. Anyone got suggestions on what would be a good loadout for the squad?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

TTerrible posted:

Don't worry, people are VERY ANGRY about all the support the game is getting.

why would people get mad about that besides 'thats Warhammer baby'?

can i play thousand sons yet without being that guy?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Because goons are great at reusing the same argument long past when it's relevant and running it into the ground.

quote:

Yup. In an okay place last I checked, too.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Did the thousand sons get dusted before the solar war? I've got red-blue colorshift paint, some 40k sons, and a dumb idea.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i want to say no. the rubric of Ahriman is what turned them to dust iirc, almost definitely after the siege of terra

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Got myself two Rhinos, what are the upgrades I'm going to want to put on them?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Pintle multimelta

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Lucinice posted:

Got myself two Rhinos, what are the upgrades I'm going to want to put on them?

A searchlight, so that your opponent’s units are blowing them to smithereens during night fighting games, rather than something expensive and important.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Mournival people decrying every release as terrible and broken and releasing PDFs that basically just set the game back to 1.0 rules.

They say it’s a reaction to the broken stuff in 2.0 but they were working in it waaaay before release. Standard edition wars stuff but with a 30k twist. It’s unfortunate it has enough penetration that going to a 30k event means you might not actually be playing 30k but some insane Facebook community houserule monstrosity.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any word on what's next in the release schedule?

I do love all the free pdfs, ironically, I wish I could print them and get them in a binder...in a cost effective way.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wait this age of darkness box is an insane deal? what the hell

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

wait this age of darkness box is an insane deal? what the hell

Yup. 40 basic dudes that can use upgrade kits to fit several other squads, the better of the two terminator types (imo) and a previously expensive centerpiece transport to get them into combat, and the single most undercosted and effective unit in the new army list, and also two characters to do whatever to. If you're okay with MkVI it's a great deal.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It also includes like an $80 hardcover, I don't know how this is allowed to exist.

E:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i want to say no. the rubric of Ahriman is what turned them to dust iirc, almost definitely after the siege of terra

It looks like you're right, which is kinda a bummer but probably for the best.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

moths posted:

It also includes like an $80 hardcover, I don't know how this is allowed to exist.

Seems to me like they just want to get as many people into Heresy as possible.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Most people here have bought at least two of the starter boxes, just because of how good a deal they are, even without the rulebook included.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

One rulebook for you and one for a friend!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
All of the 30k stuff seems to be a deal, it’s very unnerving. In the UK at least the Rhino is cheaper than the 40k one.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

TTerrible posted:

All of the 30k stuff seems to be a deal, it’s very unnerving. In the UK at least the Rhino is cheaper than the 40k one.

Well it IS from the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Have space marine wages kept pace with 10,000 years of inflation?