Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Palmtree Panic posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1570579275471806466?s=46&t=REy0vChPSEIOSNkQLQEJKQ

New Genesis games added.

Earthworm Jim 1 is on Genesis, but 2 is on the SNES app.

Lol why would they do that with Earthworm Jim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Spacebump posted:

maybe they hate the creator of it as much as i do

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Switching to climbing gear just to scale a place and then swap back to regular armor sucks!!!!

Nintendo is going to SWAT you for metagaming.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Beyond Oasis ftw

Goddamned right. I love it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Palmtree Panic posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1570579275471806466?s=46&t=REy0vChPSEIOSNkQLQEJKQ

New Genesis games added.

Earthworm Jim 1 is on Genesis, but 2 is on the SNES app.

This update messed up the custom order of the games I had them in and I don't know why.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
In my experience the emulator apps get reset every motherfucking time they add games.

All i want is chronological release order, is that SO much to loving ask!? :argh:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only Ratchet and Clank game I've played was the reboot based on the movie, regarded as one of the worst in the series, and it was loving amazing!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

How do you know its the worst when you haven't played the others?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spacebump posted:

The genesis version of Earthworm Jim is better than the SNES version, but the SNES version of Earthworm Jim 2 is better than the Genesis version

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mister Facetious posted:

In my experience the emulator apps get reset every motherfucking time they add games.

All i want is chronological release order, is that SO much to loving ask!? :argh:

I thought they had an option to sort by release date already?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The genesis version of Earthworm Jim is better than the SNES version, but the SNES version of Earthworm Jim 2 is better than the Genesis version

Did not know that, thank you.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I couldn’t stop splatting and now I’ve had the longest video game time in well over a year. My kid is even miraculously sleeping tonight. He didn’t interrupt this binge once.

This evening was a blast holy moly.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spacebump posted:

I thought they had an option to sort by release date already?

Did not know that, thank you.

It's not the default, and the emulator apps reset when new games get added

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
quick, someone tell me how good/cozy Various Daylife is before i slam that purchase button

e: oh it's a mobile game port :ohno:

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 16, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

somedude posted:

I was on that path but corrected myself by turning off Overkill in the Menus. That way I stopped getting too much battle XP. Just posting in case you weren't aware.

I am aware, but I am already overleveled and CP gain is tied to battle exp gain, so I need overkills to make any progress on unlocking blades. :(

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Even Elden Ring removed weapon durability completely and I think a lot of people love the variety of the weapons just for the sake of variety. It's fun to find a cool new weapon and see what it does.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is it possible to do amiibo nfc things with an iPhone? Everyone just talks about android.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nope

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh well.

I have nothing to do today but a few errands. Looks like it’s splatting o’clock.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

WaltherFeng posted:

Even Elden Ring removed weapon durability completely and I think a lot of people love the variety of the weapons just for the sake of variety. It's fun to find a cool new weapon and see what it does.

I probably swapped and tried more melee weapons in Elden ring than the entirety of the weapons in BOTW that I used for 5 swings and broke. On the flip side, I don't think I touched a single bow in Elden ring!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Up until a few years I would recommend not bothering with the 16-bit ports, but something with CD quality audio.

These days I would recommend not playing the Earthworm Jim games at all.

gently caress Doug TenNapel. gently caress Tommy Tallarico.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I am going g to play them op

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Up until a few years I would recommend not bothering with the 16-bit ports, but something with CD quality audio.

These days I would recommend not playing the Earthworm Jim games at all.

gently caress Doug TenNapel. gently caress Tommy Tallarico.

Also, aside from the presentation, the games are incredibly annoying.

But yes, those two are complete jackasses.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're not getting any money from me playing it or not

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm excited to play Goldeneye again, almost exactly as it was. :unsmith:

Gonna show my kids how maddening it is to go up against me, LtK, with power weapons.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm gonna be Oddjob. Slappers only.

The most frustrating opponent.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Over 100 hours into XBC3, and I haven't even reached Agnus Castle. :allears:

I'm trying to stay on top of side quests (which, by Chapter 5, is... difficult), but there's one in the southwest corner of the City, behind a locked door. Do I need a key or something?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I'm gonna be Oddjob. Slappers only.

The most frustrating opponent.

The Siberian soldier in the basement is also very tricky. Normal height but virtually the same colour as all of the walls.

However, now that it's all in HD, they might not be so tough to spot.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibpBLv47IaY

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Optimist Prime posted:

Do I need a key or something?

I think all side quests are accessible once they show up on the map. For that one there’s a long circuitous back route you need to take; IIRC you want to start with the ladders in the north west corner of the map.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Time to play GE Source in preparation for Goldeneye and curse not having Cradle in the multiplayer map selection.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

PowerBeard posted:

Time to play GE Source in preparation for Goldeneye and curse not having Cradle in the multiplayer map selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq24Ghu1IbA

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think all side quests are accessible once they show up on the map. For that one there’s a long circuitous back route you need to take; IIRC you want to start with the ladders in the north west corner of the map.

Thanks, I'll try that later.

I just finished the second side quest with Gray, and it was an utter delight.

"What about BABIES? Do you have any BABIES?!"

And Gray's reaction when Eunie stoically grunts. He's so proud... :unsmith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm excited to play Goldeneye again, almost exactly as it was. :unsmith:

Gonna show my kids how maddening it is to go up against me, LtK, with power weapons.

also be sure to introduce them to the beauty of slappers only license to kill

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

im the world's biggest suikoden 1 + 2 fan and i am cautiously excited.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There are most definitely sometimes question marks indicating quests on the Xenoblade 3 map that you can't access til later. The main one I can think of is north of Keves castle. You can't get there til pretty late in the game.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The gold weapon tickets in Splat 3 are great. I immediately jumped on the Clash Blaster after Kotaku bitched about it, and now I'm a lvl 4 shitter two-shotting nerds with a lvl 21 gun, lol.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I immediately bought my trusty Squelch Dualies with my gold ticket and they don’t seem as good as they used to be, maybe I’m just rusty

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Reploid_21XX/status/1570598040687476736?t=ieDLke-4byS2vaG-2U3OXQ&s=19

That's really good. They did the same thing with the Zero Collection.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1570797280063627264?s=21&t=2gkgtK1YyXe0s3PrSSHbPw

WHEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
FAAAARFUUUNNNDAAAAAAA