Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ometeotl posted:

Suikoden 1 and 2 are getting remasters

Hell yessssssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

VideoGames posted:

I am going to play the Suikodens.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Same

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Jesus christ the guy from deep purple sang this

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

VideoGames posted:

I've only played sudoku, which I believe is a spinoff

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1570759720595595266?t=8MwXZd61Anh401PTkDf53g&s=19

Holy poo poo the Farmer With A Shotgun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Redezga posted:

In an ideal world this would give Sega the confidence to localise the rest of another Japanese period piece called the Sakura Wars series.

I played that new Sakura Wars game and it really tested my suspension of disbelief.

Like, in addition to all the mech stuff, the girls are expected to stage entire full length theatrical dramas? Without a tech crew or even a director?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1570706088076402697?s=20&t=Nb0FTaeeCwDCbJQT7yFJWg

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
too many good games

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Man, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is such a good game.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ColdPie posted:

Man, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is such a good game.
It's wild to me that there is any conversation about Sonic 1/2 being better.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Replaying Elden Ring is pretty neat, I can just blitz to cool stuff right away. I beat the water village mariner to pick up the stamina regen talisman and now I’m gonna pick up the turtle shield so I don’t even have to buy anything. I’m going faith but since iirc incantations don’t want something absurd like 70 int I can focus on cool weapons too.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

It's wild to me that there is any conversation about Sonic 1/2 being better.

The act transitions and background art are so good. The forest fire, the pyramid rising from the sand, the Death Egg crashing at the end of Launch Base and then reappearing at the end of Lava Reef, the seasons changing in Mushroom Hill, that really cool zoomy bit in Flying Battery with the balls on chains. So much good poo poo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol what the hell

did konami just buy some 2D art asset pack from a humble bundle and slap the suikoden sprites on top

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I mean it is Konami

I think I'd still prefer to play the originals unless they introduce some really great QOL improvements or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there a screenshot of the same place in the original for comparison idk I've never Suikodened

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

too many good games

14 years of them :gonk:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder if the suikoden games have aged well. Because, like, random encounters

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

lol what the hell

did konami just buy some 2D art asset pack from a humble bundle and slap the suikoden sprites on top

i'm the bottom left AI upscaled trees with several obvious holes in the middle of the sprites showing the background beneath them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I wonder if the suikoden games have aged well. Because, like, random encounters

I played Suikoden II this year for the first time ever, and it was a really good game that felt like it had aged well.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Random encounters are fine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

lol what the hell

Yeah, there are some environments that Konami redid that are very confusing to me, while others they redid look really good. It's confusing. The character portraits were redone as well and they also look bad. Still going to buy this remaster though, Konami is actually using it as a way to gauge making Suikoden 6.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

hatty posted:

I tried to play Suikoden 1 for the first time a few months ago and I threw in the towel about 8 hours in because there were just so many pointless autobattle encounters, and then I read that was before the encounter rate was considered to get bad later in the series. They can be fine in other games but Suikoden's were awful

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

yeah

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
though in splatoon 3 I'm using a weapon that really doesn't enjoy close quarters combat so whenever i have a "random encounter" with the opposing team it's usually a bad time for me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ugh. Windows 10 updated last night and it made it so I had sound but the sound icon claimed I didn't so I followed some troubleshooting guides to fix that. The guide fixed the icon by going into the services but now I have the opposite problem. Sound icon shows I have working sound but it doesn't actually work. Nothing gets played, it spits out an error when trying to do sound test stuff, it's broken. So I follow separate troubleshooting guides to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and nothing has changed. Still broke.

I can't game like this! I need audio!! How else am I gonna listen to podcasts and albums while playing puzzle games???

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
oh i fixed it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hell yea

https://twitter.com/brii_u/status/1570819930949312513

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

FirstAidKite posted:

Ugh. Windows 10 updated last night and it made it so I had sound but the sound icon claimed I didn't so I followed some troubleshooting guides to fix that. The guide fixed the icon by going into the services but now I have the opposite problem. Sound icon shows I have working sound but it doesn't actually work. Nothing gets played, it spits out an error when trying to do sound test stuff, it's broken. So I follow separate troubleshooting guides to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and nothing has changed. Still broke.

I can't game like this! I need audio!! How else am I gonna listen to podcasts and albums while playing puzzle games???

FirstAidKite posted:

oh i fixed it

When you think about it, complaining on message boards is just the social, universal version of explaining your code to a rubber duck.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol the psvr2 won't support psvr1 games. aahahahahaha sony fucks up everything

why did i buy a ps5

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What why?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

What why?
no idea. could be related to the different ways they utilize tracking since PSVR1 relied on the PS Camera but i feel like they could've made it work if they didn't want people double dipping on pricey "upgrade" fees for games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

explaining your code to a rubber duck.

Huh. I've never heard that phrase before.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ITS FRIDAY AND I AM GOING TO PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES TONIGHT, I SWEAR:supaburn:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

hatty posted:

What why?

Sony knows VR fans will buy them all again anyway. If they didn't enjoy wasting money, they wouldn't be playing VR games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was looking at the related games of Danganronpa V3 on steam because the Master Detective Archives: Rain Code thing from the direct got me in the mood for something like that but the first recommendation was Half Life Alyx

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

FirstAidKite posted:

Huh. I've never heard that phrase before.

It's a programmer thing, when debugging code explaining the flow line by line to someone can help you see where the problem is, and if you have no one to explain it to, an object can suffice, like a rubber duck. Honestly explaining something to find solutions can be applied to anything, it's just funnier to explain to a rubber duck that your program explodes because you forgot to rename a variable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

no idea. could be related to the different ways they utilize tracking since PSVR1 relied on the PS Camera but i feel like they could've made it work if they didn't want people double dipping on pricey "upgrade" fees for games

Yeah it's that. Consoles aren't like PCs where using hardware goes through half a dozen layers of drivers and abstraction, support for the very specific hardware was baked into PSVR 1 games and there's no way to automatically and cleanly transition them to PSVR 2 without the devs having to work on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

ITS FRIDAY AND I AM GOING TO PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES TONIGHT, I SWEAR:supaburn:

I am going to play NBA 2k23, and then Cult of the Lamb tonight.