Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The only real purpose of the psy/bio/mecha rock-paper-scissors is competing for highscores in abyss/arena.

And now that they released Herrscher of Pink Humanity as the big fat important ice dps of the patch they're gonna have way more abyss & arena rotations that are weak to psychic type (like a longer term more p2w version of the thing Genshin does where it always gives the newest 5* a favorable abyss blessing). And it just so happens that bio, the element that's weak to psy, is strong against HoR's mecha type. Meanwhile, in mecha-advantaged abyss, where HoR is strong, HoH will still be neutral instead of disadvantaged.

on the other hand Bronya gets to transform(?!) into a cool rear end laser motorcycle whereas Ellie just swims midair like kokomi and occasionally throws a big dumb manta ray

Bronya has a robot that floats above/behind her to do the fighting, that transforms into a cool rear end laser motorcycle.
She's probably not better than HoH, but the new weapon should make her comparable. And then also she's way cooler.
So, less "DON'T GET THE NEW CHARACTER SHE IS IMMEDIATELY POWER CREPT," and more "If you don't like the new character and would rather use Bronya, it won't even be a big disadvantage soon."

But also, there's like no good Mech DPS Valks. Herrscher Of Flamescion, Thunder? Psy. Future Bronya, who makes up for losing her Herrscher powers with a combination of skill and tech? Bio. Pardofelis, the farmable ice support that was keeping up with pre-new-weapon HoR as a DPS but is probably power crept to her mostly intended support role? Imaginary. Vill-V, the sexy steampunk mad scientist / magician who fights with a gatling gun, a cannon, and a giant mechanical weapons platform in the shape of a hat, all of which are machines? Quantum. Herrscher Of Sentience, who is currently wandering the world in a body made of psychic energy and has a mental thing in her name? Bio. Fischl, who comes from another universe and mostly fights with her semi-imaginary friend? Bio. Aponia, "The strongest psychic MANTIS?" Bio.

I kinda lost the plot there and just started complaining about how the Psy/Bio/Mecha Quantum/Imaginary categorization makes no sense pretty frequently. But, like, a quick filter and the only Mech type DPS that isn't power-crept out of the meta is Dr. Mobius.

Who, by the way, is a biologist who transforms into a giant snake whose extra mass is presumably made of Honkai energy (which is psychic) and seems to be projecting psychic constructs, while riding on a squid suitcase thing that according to some concept art she didn't even make herself. Vill-V did.

gently caress Honkai is stupid and I loving love it.
(Fischl should be Quantum or Imaginary)

Captain France fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fire rita is mech

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Mobius, SPA and BKE with abyss flower usually outperform HoR in most BIO fights. Doesn't help that there are not that many BIO fights to begin with: houdou, HoV, HoS, half of DXY, aka, andrius, jizo, and thats it I think? She is unusable vs the last 4. New weapon might make her better at the fights she can do and I'm sure we will see her good bosses repeated many times in that patch. But it probably won't change her poor coverage in bio and just how many other options for ice we have already.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Venti (1st part) and Albedo (2nd part) reruns confirmed to be in the banners for 3.1

neat

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
CODES:

3B6RYY7AHX9D
JT78YH7SGWRZ
2BP9HY6BYFR5

Albedo means anything could be rate up with Nilou's weapon....... pls be decent (my random guess is skyward harp). Card game in 3.3.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 16, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e :beaten on the code heh

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

CODES:

3B6RYY7AHX9D

Albedo means anything could be rate up with Nilou's weapon....... pls be decent (my random guess is skyward harp)

My hope is wolf’s gravestone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

anniversary is 1600 primos, 4 Resin, 10 wishes, crystal top-up 2X bonus reset, and 2 free gadgets (a confetti pop and a little bird companion)

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 16, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : refer to No Wave's post for the code list!

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 16, 2022

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

No Wave posted:

Albedo means anything could be rate up with Nilou's weapon....... pls be decent (my random guess is skyward harp). Card game in 3.3.

Jade Cutter is pretty ownerless right now since they're not going to rerun Keqing.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
do we post in adtrw now?

Kale
May 14, 2010

I thought people were shitpost memeing on reddit that there was some sort of animated trailer by ufoTABLE since a) I thought they only worked with a very select group of large Japanese media publishers and, b) because it seems to be one of the only Japanese animation studios people know by name these days and like a good one to select as a prank but no apparently it was real. It looks like basically everything they've ever done for a Tales game kind of, but it was a legit concept trailer that did exist. Easy crowd pleaser announcement that may even stave off some anniversary bitching and review bombing who knows.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Weapon Banner:

(10) Sacrificial Sword R3 Eye of Perception R2 (20)Favonius Greatsword (30)Rust R2 (40)Dragon's Bane R2 Favonius Greatsword R2 (50) Eye of Perception R3 (60) Eye of Perception R4 (70)Amos Bow! Dragon's Bane R3

Holy poo poo, it actually worked! Only way this could've been better is if I had gotten the Amos Bow earlier and I had been lucky enough to get 4 sac swords and not a bunch of EoPs that I don't even use anymore with all the Widsiths and other 4* poo poo I have already! Now I just need a Wolf's Gravestone and that'll be everything I really want out of the weapon banner.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Excelzior posted:

Venti (1st part) and Albedo (2nd part) reruns confirmed to be in the banners for 3.1

neat

:negative: drat it I was really hoping it would be Eula alongside Nilou. Nilou is someone I want aesthetically but she looks pretty awful without her sword and putting it up against one that I want really badly is the only way that'd work out. So looks like I'm not getting Eula and probably not Nilou...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Albedo makes a lot of sense given how much dendro comps love free EM and he throws out 120 to the party every burst. Plus geo doesn't gently caress up other reactions. I've been running Tighnari with him, Zhongli, and Fischl to great success.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

BabyRyoga posted:

.. did they really put another poo poo-rear end water elemental stage with birds that are impossible to hit with most characters in this abyss cycle?

They just released a bunch of new content with new enemies that have somewhat decent design after learning from 2 years of mistakes. Why would they add these pieces of poo poo to the rotation again?

If you have any electro at all (and really, this abyss is kind of begging to get hyperbloomed) the falcons are collateral damage when you hit the front line. The annoying part for me was the retreating cranes.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Greetings goons. I haven’t played since like 2.2, but want to hop back in to explore the new overland content. Have there been any fundamental changes to the game since then? Besides new characters/weapons/Dendro.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Albedo makes a lot of sense given how much dendro comps love free EM and he throws out 120 to the party every burst. Plus geo doesn't gently caress up other reactions. I've been running Tighnari with him, Zhongli, and Fischl to great success.

Sure but he isn't a tall gay girl with a giant sword who hits for maximum dps (damage per screenshot)

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Anno posted:

Greetings goons. I haven’t played since like 2.2, but want to hop back in to explore the new overland content. Have there been any fundamental changes to the game since then? Besides new characters/weapons/Dendro.

Not really, some minor QoL stuff (can now have more than 4 teams saved for example) but nothing fundamental!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'd categorize Dendro as a pretty fundamental change but yeah otherwise it's still the Genshin you know, just with even more stuff. Sumeru's pretty cool.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Sumeru is pretty great. The four-leaf sigil things that have you playing Spiderman felt kinda gimicky at first, but it did let them construct Sumeru with a ton of verticality without making traversal incredibly painful. I still think there's way too many of them in some places, but it certainly saves a lot of time.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

AG3 posted:

Sumeru is pretty great. The four-leaf sigil things that have you playing Spiderman felt kinda gimicky at first, but it did let them construct Sumeru with a ton of verticality without making traversal incredibly painful. I still think there's way too many of them in some places, but it certainly saves a lot of time.

The worst part about them is that they don't stay out if you hit the plants that spawn them with dendro. You gotta spawn them again every day.

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: Genshins global twitter account is an absolute contrarian shitshow today. Have fun there whoever is in charge of moderating that account.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This was a funner livestream than usual. A surprise guest narrates some stuff in one of the cute animations.

Eimi posted:

:negative: drat it I was really hoping it would be Eula alongside Nilou. Nilou is someone I want aesthetically but she looks pretty awful without her sword and putting it up against one that I want really badly is the only way that'd work out. So looks like I'm not getting Eula and probably not Nilou...
Yeah... I'll probably roll her anyways just because bountifuls are unique enough but Albedo showing up/no 4* hp sword means this sword is probably getting paired with a total brick. I havent had a character to bitch about now that Yae was saved by dendro so maybe Nilou will get to take her place.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 16, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Anno posted:

Strongbox options for artifacts increased, no longer have to farm VV or Crimson

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Excelzior posted:

anniversary is 1600 primos, 4 Resin, 10 wishes, crystal top-up 2X bonus reset, and 2 free gadgets (a confetti pop and a little bird companion)

Pubbie shitters gonna shitpost about that on social media relentlessly, but I'd rather have another amazing free concert instead of a pittance of ingame rewards anyway, unless it would be something like an anniversary-exclusive character or weapon for collector epeen purposes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's 20 wishes just like last year, "anniversary twitter drama" is fake and forced.

Although day 1 players who are still missing a standard character they want are justified in feeling homicidal.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 16, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:negative: I was hoping the leaks about albedo being in a few patches would be true bc he's one I've really wanted, but between him and Cyno I think I want Cyno more bc at this point I'm looking for more carries/teambuilding expanding units rather than supports for what I've already got

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

No Wave posted:

It's 20 wishes just like last year, "anniversary twitter drama" is fake and forced.

Although day 1 players who are still missing a standard character they want are justified in feeling homicidal.

I mean, a standard 5* selector for like 20-25 quid wouldn't be so bad would it? I'm not asking for a free 5* but paid selectors are standard in a lot of other games.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

~35% of day 1 welkin+bp players are missing at least one standard 5 star. I do think the torture should end as it's the only really mean part of the gacha.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

I'm a day one player who wants and is missing Mona but I'm not upset at all.

Did you see that birb pet we're getting???? :bird:

Also I'm so hyped about the TCG that's PvE and the anime and the music and the concert and etc etc

I feel like sometimes tons of free poo poo in gachas is a way to mask how lovely the actual game is. Not that I wouldn't take more free poo poo in Genshin but I can't say I'm unhappy.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh yeah I guess that one leak is dead. Which is good for me because it had an unbearable stretch of characters I either have or was uninterested in. Hopefully Yelan gets pushed forward :pray:

Edit:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I mean, a standard 5* selector for like 20-25 quid wouldn't be so bad would it? I'm not asking for a free 5* but paid selectors are standard in a lot of other games.

Why not ask for a free 5* (aside from the fact that we wouldn't get it lol)?

All the standard 5s are mid power off-meta units whose value mostly lies on people finding them fun to play. The "pick a liyue 4*" and those free Xiangling/Fischls were better value.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 16, 2022

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I'm a day one player who wants and is missing Mona but I'm not upset at all.

Did you see that birb pet we're getting???? :bird:

Also I'm so hyped about the TCG that's PvE and the anime and the music and the concert and etc etc

I feel like sometimes tons of free poo poo in gachas is a way to mask how lovely the actual game is. Not that I wouldn't take more free poo poo in Genshin but I can't say I'm unhappy.

Free pulls are advertising the Gambling,, nothing more.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

SiKboy posted:

Not really, some minor QoL stuff (can now have more than 4 teams saved for example) but nothing fundamental!

Tae posted:

Strongbox options for artifacts increased, no longer have to farm VV or Crimson

Thanks!

After collecting all the primos I could find for coming back I had 25 wishes. I've needed Xingqiu for awhile now for my Hu Tao team so decided to throw them on the Guan Yu banner just because. Last I checked I was at like 15 pulls on that banner. 25 wishes ended up getting me Xingqiu , 2 constellation upgrades for Sucrose and, on the last pull, Guan Yu. So I feel pretty good about all that.

Anno fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 16, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ufotable does a great job with the action scenes in demon slayer, interested in what the genshin anime fights are gonna look like.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Cyno has a way deeper voice in english than I was expecting. He sounds fantastic.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Cyno has a way deeper voice in english than I was expecting. He sounds fantastic.

His VA got revealed (in incredibly tiny text) as Alejandro Saab, who's been great in everything I've heard him in.

I'm a little annoyed that one of the new mech bosses they revealed has an invisible/invincible phase. I thought we'd put those cheap moves behind us!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i think ufotable anime are a little overproduced/rely on effects too much but i get why theyre popular and they do fit genshin specifically

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Thinking about pulling on the weapons banned for the science catalyst thing for Sucrose...

Not because it's good on her, but because, it's cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

padijun posted:

I just pulled aquila favonia from the standard banner and jesus christ, phys damage bonus? who uses this heap?

ZOMBIE BABY