Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

Happitoo posted:

LOL

"I don't know if he's still on the air, he could be"

He's dead...

(this was in reference to Rush Limbaugh being a popular radio host)

Okay, this could be something really interesting to loop back around to. Rush Limbaugh was “awarded” something like the Medal of Honor by President 45, arguably the most covered event of his miserable life before death. I have lived under a rock for a while, but even I knew who the Radio Host was. Paz is floundering in “I don’t know” statements, but that one casts serious light on whether or not she did any excess research besides the bare instructed minimum to be a corporation on the stand.

Please, someone explain this sort of stuff to me. Pattis is making me weep for all the times he -could have successfully objected-, but he’s pissed off everyone in that court room by now, especially the judge. Does he have any chance at (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) redeeming his image in the eyes of the court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Devor posted:

The first day the judge ordered that not only was the whispering side-bar going to be part of the record (transcript) but that it was also to be broadcast live, to be as open as possible

Really? I did not hear that. Thanks for telling me!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

:allears: GEE I WONDER WHERE THESE TEXT MESSAGES CAME FROM :allears:

:hellyeah:

Alex and the boys discussing a criminal conspiracy in the group chat.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mattei finally asked Paz what she asked for as part of her duties, so far we've heard:
- All of the depositions
- All of the CT discovery

but she's said she's never received a lot of the depositions, and that there's been issues getting the CT discovery. So beyond asking employees this is the limit of her knowledge base to the court as a corporate representative?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Was she hired to just waste everyone's time?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Paz is everything and nothing. She's perfect.

Azubah posted:

Yes.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Azubah posted:

Yes

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Was one of the qualifications for being a corporate rep is “somehow know less than nothing”?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Can Info Wars be further sanctioned for how unprepared their corporate rep(s) is or is that a one time thing.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

teen witch posted:

Was one of the qualifications for being a corporate rep is “somehow know less than nothing”?

FFS/Infowars hired her as a corporate rep and then purposefully did not provide her with the documents/papers necessary for her to prepare.

She can just sit there, suck on her teeth, and say "I don't know."

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
A bit worried they're pushing too much information onto the jury for them to keep up.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Faust IX posted:

Pattis is making me weep for all the times he -could have successfully objected-, but he’s pissed off everyone in that court room by now, especially the judge. Does he have any chance at (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) redeeming his image in the eyes of the court?

The 65 year old man is not going to suddenly reverse the habits of a lifetime and straighten up and fly right in front of the judge.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Tree Dude posted:

Can Info Wars be further sanctioned for how unprepared their corporate rep(s) is or is that a one time thing.

The death penalty liability sanctions that Jones received is because she was the third corporate rep who was completely unprepared way back in pretrial depositions.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Wolfgang Halbig is apparently yelling and screaming at Pattis and the court via call, as per Pattis.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
BAH GAWD ITS WOLFGANG HALBIGS MUSIC!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Halbig left a message on pattis’ associates phone because he is watching and thinks he’s being defamed.

Yeah no poo poo you loving despicable scumbag. BOY I HOPE NOBODY SHOWS UP AT YOUR HOUSE AND HARASSES YOU!!!!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Huh, for some reason I thought WH was dead. Guess not.

He looks real goddamn unhealthy googling him though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

red19fire posted:

:allears: GEE I WONDER WHERE THESE TEXT MESSAGES CAME FROM :allears:

:hellyeah:

Alex and the boys discussing a criminal conspiracy in the group chat.
"Why yes, we did take notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy!"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SubponticatePoster posted:

"Why yes, we did take notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy!"

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

teen witch posted:

BAH GAWD ITS WOLFGANG HALBIGS MUSIC!

That guy is insane which still has a fairly high standard.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Faust IX posted:

Okay, this could be something really interesting to loop back around to. Rush Limbaugh was “awarded” something like the Medal of Honor by President 45, arguably the most covered event of his miserable life before death. I have lived under a rock for a while, but even I knew who the Radio Host was. Paz is floundering in “I don’t know” statements, but that one casts serious light on whether or not she did any excess research besides the bare instructed minimum to be a corporation on the stand.

Here's the thing with that. I don't it should be a matter of excess research to know about Rush (or that he's dead). It's a basic competency of the environment she claims to work in. If you work in conservative media (or really any media) and don't know who Rush was and the basics of what he did you're derelict in your job. He was one of the largest radio stars in the country.

As an example - I worked for 15 years in radio (in Canada). We recently had a very popular radio host fired for being a complete scumbag. The general public was like "wow, that's shocking this was going on and nobody knew!" Within radio people we were like "about drat time". We all knew what he was like. We knew his company covered for him. General public people would say to me "Oh, you work in radio? I like listening to [radio host]" and I'd be like "You shouldn't. The guy is a massive dick and nobody should be listening to him"

I never worked with the guy. I just knew. I heard the stories. I knew people who knew people. General population I wouldn't expect them to know. But if you were in the industry you knew or were willfully ignorant.

That's how I feel about Rush and her answer. As an employee of a company within a specific sphere (conservative media) if you do not know the major players and basic information about them (like he's loving dead) you're not good at your job. You don't need to know everything. A media person doesn't need to know how a plane works. But the basic fundamentals of the industry you claim to work in... you shouldn't be able to "I don't know" your way out of that.

Like I know Paz was hired to be a professional moron on the stand and is willfully ignorant but I feel like the lawyer should have gone even harder on her around the idea of "can you tell us anything about the industry you claim to represent"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Happitoo posted:

Here's the thing with that. I don't it should be a matter of excess research to know about Rush (or that he's dead). It's a basic competency of the environment she claims to work in. If you work in conservative media (or really any media) and don't know who Rush was and the basics of what he did you're derelict in your job. He was one of the largest radio stars in the country.

As an example - I worked for 15 years in radio (in Canada). We recently had a very popular radio host fired for being a complete scumbag. The general public was like "wow, that's shocking this was going on and nobody knew!" Within radio people we were like "about drat time". We all knew what he was like. We knew his company covered for him. General public people would say to me "Oh, you work in radio? I like listening to [radio host]" and I'd be like "You shouldn't. The guy is a massive dick and nobody should be listening to him"

I never worked with the guy. I just knew. I heard the stories. I knew people who knew people. General population I wouldn't expect them to know. But if you were in the industry you knew or were willfully ignorant.

That's how I feel about Rush and her answer. As an employee of a company within a specific sphere (conservative media) if you do not know the major players and basic information about them (like he's loving dead) you're not good at your job. You don't need to know everything. A media person doesn't need to know how a plane works. But the basic fundamentals of the industry you claim to work in... you shouldn't be able to "I don't know" your way out of that.

Like I know Paz was hired to be a professional moron on the stand and is willfully ignorant but I feel like the lawyer should have gone even harder on her around the idea of "can you tell us anything about the industry you claim to represent"

She's a hired gun. I don't think she normally works in conservative media or media in general.

Like, she's a dumb rear end and I don't like her, but the only part of this that is "her job" is being a corporate representative, and she was employed to not know things for that.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

‘Larry Bird? Never heard of him. Is he a sports athlete? Nike’s annual sales? Well I haven’t seen the numbers but I guess they do well?’ -Magic Johnson, corporate representative for Nike.

E: he’s bringing out screenshots from Alex’s show yesterday and Pattis is objecting that screenshots of the Alex jones show with the Alex jones and infowars logos are not self-authenticating evidence, and are documents not in evidence.

Really hammering how I seriously Alex is taking the trial. :hellyeah:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 16, 2022

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Dammit! Let Mark have a crack at her. She'd be sobbing into her kleenex, admitting that "yes, yes they're all monsters and they're all guilty!"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
so if she's speaking for free speech systems but says she doesn't know if alex jones is talking about the trial on his show does that effectively mean free speech systems doesn't know what they're broadcasting?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Plan R posted:

Dammit! Let Mark have a crack at her. She'd be sobbing into her kleenex, admitting that "yes, yes they're all monsters and they're all guilty!"

Mark is just straight up screaming at the stream rn like an angry dad at the news

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

ilmucche posted:

so if she's speaking for free speech systems but says she doesn't know if alex jones is talking about the trial on his show does that effectively mean free speech systems doesn't know what they're broadcasting?

She admitted in her deposition that FSS and Infowars are interchangeable and essentially the same company. But she didn't click on the link.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Contempt!!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Holy gently caress a red-eye meme of the judge from infowars’ website.

‘Is infowars taking this trial seriously?’

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

It seems pretty bad to ask if you have to ask if Infowars is taking this trial seriously

Edit: Oh and here comes Norm

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I hope Judge Gamble is having a massive glass of wine rn like “girl, I know, the gently caress”

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yes, this certainly looks like the maximum amount you could care about a trial.

Yes. Obviously.

How is he not hammering the poo poo out of "Does this look like taking something seriously?!?"

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
If they ever get that shaved gorilla-in-a-suit on the stand I will glue my face to the monitor!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
His pony tail belongs in the cursed thread.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
AND SCENE! :dumbbravo:

God drat that was a very quick and succinct end to a massive pain in the rear end witness. And now the cross...is asking her about how much she was paid. Uhm. Interesting.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Paz is done?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

COVERING THE MIC!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

A+ #1 client good job alex!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Xiahou Dun posted:

COVERING THE MIC!!