Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie and Reggie just saw the best room in the entire Silent Hill series (if you know you know)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Silent Hill 4 The Room?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Big Scary Owl posted:

Woolie and Reggie just saw the best room in the entire Silent Hill series (if you know you know)

those awful slurping sounds

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Big Scary Owl posted:

👁️👄👁️

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
p. sure the room in question is the blood room

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've never played Silent Hill so I don't know I just know 4 is the one with the haunted apartment.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I've never played Silent Hill so I don't know I just know 4 is the one with the haunted apartment.

there's a room in SH3's hospital with a wall-length mirror and a complicated environmental hazard. it doesn't exist to do anything but frighten and kill you, in that order. it also locks you in when you enter until the hazard starts doing actual damage and things get properly spooky, so pretty much everyone who wandered into it has it etched into their memory

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Pat should play this game to remember all the great and happy memories of retail imo

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So the anime has reached Mordin's loyalty mission and I can understand Woolie's position on the genophage based on the information he has right this second, it still doesn't make it right but the Krogan were going to overrun the galaxy and refused to surrender.

ME3 will be interesting when he reaches the Tuchanka part.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

there's a room in SH3's hospital with a wall-length mirror and a complicated environmental hazard. it doesn't exist to do anything but frighten and kill you, in that order. it also locks you in when you enter until the hazard starts doing actual damage and things get properly spooky, so pretty much everyone who wandered into it has it etched into their memory

WHOA WHOA WHOA SPOILER ALERT

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Big Scary Owl posted:

Pat should play this game to remember all the great and happy memories of retail imo
That one horror game about crazed shoppers running around like fast zombies during Black Friday is probably more in-line with Pat's retail experiences.

This game seems to deal more with the boot side of the equation.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

That one horror game about crazed shoppers running around like fast zombies during Black Friday is probably more in-line with Pat's retail experiences.

This game seems to deal more with the boot side of the equation.

Night of the Consumers. The "ExCUuuuussssse MEeeee" brought traumatic flashbacks to several streamers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Judge Tesla posted:

So the anime has reached Mordin's loyalty mission and I can understand Woolie's position on the genophage based on the information he has right this second, it still doesn't make it right but the Krogan were going to overrun the galaxy and refused to surrender.

ME3 will be interesting when he reaches the Tuchanka part.

"Look at that woman, Mordin. It doesn't look like you saved her."

It's impressive for Woolie to go through Mordin's loyalty mission, hell, all of Tuchanka, witnessing firsthand what the genophage has done to their society, and still decide against atonement.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
paragon shepard’s arguments in that mission honestly aren’t that convincing. mordin’s fully aware of the death toll and has spent a lot of mental bandwidth rationalizing the work he’s done. angrily gesturing at a corpse on a table isn’t exactly an ironclad rebuttal

if that mission has a weakness it’s that mordin really isn’t vulnerable to counter-argument until you reach maelon, at which point the time for discussion is over

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oxxidation posted:

paragon shepard’s arguments in that mission honestly aren’t that convincing. mordin’s fully aware of the death toll and has spent a lot of mental bandwidth rationalizing the work he’s done. angrily gesturing at a corpse on a table isn’t exactly an ironclad rebuttal

if that mission has a weakness it’s that mordin really isn’t vulnerable to counter-argument until you reach maelon, at which point the time for discussion is over

He's aware of the death toll but the cultural impact doesn't affect him until he's faced with firsthand physical evidence of their desperation. Gesturing at the corpse does work because it's twisting a knife into Mordin that he'd already planted in himself when he first examined her body. Earlier in the game he justifies the social impact by arguing that Krogan are a violent species but its not worth exterminating them when they have individual outliers who aren't dangerous brutes. A krogan merc is one thing to see die. A krogan female who wants nothing more than to see her children born healthy throwing her life away is enough to shake his convictions.

Paragon Shepard is just reinforcing the things Mordin is trying to tell himself, only in more forceful and judgmental words.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1570513451793133568?cxt=HHwWgMDRkbvqyssrAAAA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did he go to Nos Astra and argue in favor of selling the Quarian's work contract?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Judge Tesla posted:

So the anime has reached Mordin's loyalty mission and I can understand Woolie's position on the genophage based on the information he has right this second,

That information is only trust worthy if you 100% believe the guys who both uplifted them and then made the genocide virus to cull them when they say "Oh yeah totally the only way to handle this. had to be done. Had to remake it too just to make sure it stuck!" so even at that moment with what he had it's a bad understanding of what's going on.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The salarians never really held back on genophage info. The only thing withheld was the turnian officer going all McArthur if he had nukes

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The issue with Mordin (and most of the other Salarians and Salarian-generated propaganda around the Genophage) is he has terminal computer programmer brain about. It's why he keeps falling back on ~The Simulations Said~ and ~Our Detailed Graphs Showed~ so much. But this all requires reading between the lines, looking at all the evidence, and weighing it. Woolie couldn't even recall that that Krogans lay huge clutches of eggs (that almost never hatch) and likes Mordin enough to be easily swayed by him repeating the same 3 excuses in his really fast chatter-speak.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nuns with Guns posted:

The issue with Mordin (and most of the other Salarians and Salarian-generated propaganda around the Genophage) is he has terminal computer programmer brain about. It's why he keeps falling back on ~The Simulations Said~ and ~Our Detailed Graphs Showed~ so much. But this all requires reading between the lines, looking at all the evidence, and weighing it. Woolie couldn't even recall that that Krogans lay huge clutches of eggs (that almost never hatch) and likes Mordin enough to be easily swayed by him repeating the same 3 excuses in his really fast chatter-speak.

Woolie is the Brain Chemicals guy, he's very ready for statistics to give anyone leeway to do anything.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Woolie: Is Thane Psychic???? Why did the Hanar take his wife away???? Bad Beef between Drell and Hanar?????

Reggie: It was a funeral Woolie

The psychic mental damage that Woolie is radiating out these days is getting a bit too much to handle. He couldn't even watch that Capcom presentation without immediately skipping around and confusing/disorienting himself and everyone else

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah that's a weird way to live.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

I will say, calling Synthetic Insights racist for not accepting a slave is loving hilarious

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Pat's got 2k viewers for a react stream :stare:

I knew those did well but goddamn

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Pat's got 2k viewers for a react stream :stare:

I knew those did well but goddamn

I think Nyanners raided him at some point too.

Anyways, this is the last video in the react stream today and Pat died. He was slain.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InspiringStrangeAardvarkCeilingCat-3oLwTfBxo7vv6tqJ

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 17, 2022

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Perfect Potato posted:

Woolie: Is Thane Psychic???? Why did the Hanar take his wife away???? Bad Beef between Drell and Hanar?????

Reggie: It was a funeral Woolie

The psychic mental damage that Woolie is radiating out these days is getting a bit too much to handle. He couldn't even watch that Capcom presentation without immediately skipping around and confusing/disorienting himself and everyone else

Oh I'm really looking forward to him meeting Javik in 3.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aqRIzK542U

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat said he was going to make the Lalafell on stream but I must have missed what stream that was.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
So now Pat is literally oinking on command from his paypigs. okay then

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

Pat said he was going to make the Lalafell on stream but I must have missed what stream that was.

Yeah it was almost two weeks ago.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1587388938?t=699s

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The goatse will never go away, will it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z72xA9cltwk

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Pretty sure the n-gage story came from here but I'm unsure of the subforum.

https://twitter.com/AngrySkycrane/status/1569458497510670336?t=5p19o7LtIKNtwPXCAs5fpw&s=09

Edit: VV ah, that's what I was thinking but I'm used to seeing it in black and green I guess.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 23, 2022

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
That's yospos.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I mean, the goatse picture itself came from this very forum, right? . This site is the origin. Ground zero.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's driving me crazy that Woolie is sassing Reggie for a ME1 choice that Woolie retconned.

At least as far as I can tell, the Batarian terrorist from Bring Down the Sky is at large because the hostages lived, not because Reggie chose to put him in prison.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

It's driving me crazy that Woolie is sassing Reggie for a ME1 choice that Woolie retconned.

At least as far as I can tell, the Batarian terrorist from Bring Down the Sky is at large because the hostages lived, not because Reggie chose to put him in prison.

He also has multiple Shepard origins running on the same save for some ungodly reason so Blue is a momma's girl street gang orphan

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat where the gently caress did Shadow of War come from, where is Live a Live, when and why did this happen

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

Pat where the gently caress did Shadow of War come from, where is Live a Live, when and why did this happen

He ran a poll. Shadow of war won, barely beating miles morales.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1573190797339815938

Live a Live is the 25th now or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MagusDraco posted:

He ran a poll. Shadow of war won, barely beating miles morales.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1573190797339815938

Live a Live is the 25th now or something.

Three incredibly boring options