Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

limp_cheese posted:

I feel like she could have at least asked him who he was through the door before iimmediately calling the cops. Or through the Ring doorbell. I'm not saying in anyway she should have opened the door for him, just there should have been a step or two before she reaches "police."

sorry maybe it's rude but I'm not answering the motherfucking door at 9 PM. especially not for a big sweaty dude banging on it. and gently caress people who just keep on knocking which it sounds like this dude was. that itself is rude. You knock a couple or three times and if you get no response hit the bricks, as they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Shithouse Dave posted:

Mi casa su casa, Megadoodoo.

Now i have to go watch the DeeDee Megadoodoo video again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lone Goat posted:

How did you get up to one million doodoos without visiting a poo poo house?

Various iterations of this thread have shown that there are in fact multiple ways in which this could be accomplished

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

toplitzin posted:

Now i have to go watch the DeeDee Megadoodoo video again.

That might seem funny to you, but please have some sympathy for the Megadoodoo family.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Today's words are 'video game.' There's a theme I noticed...

My (27f) boyfriend (23m) tried to throw out our bed so he could play a video game

quote:

Me and my boyfriend have been living together for about a year now and for a while he's been really interested in virtual reality. Now the problem is that our tiny studio apartment isn't big enough to jump around in. He knows this, I know this, and we've had multiple conversations about how it's a shame we don't live in some huge house where we could dedicate an entire room to something like that.

I went out yesterday for a walk and a picnic yesterday and came back to my boyfriend dismantling our bed. I assumed something had broken and asked what had happened. Nothing was broken. He'd managed to order an oculus quest headset and had made the executive decision that we could swap our double bed for a Japanese futon??

There is no loving room for this. Even if we lived on the ground floor (which we don't), and I was willing to sleep on the floor (which I'm not), the room just isn't big enough. It would dominate the entire room. Am I supposed to crouch in the kitchen whilst he plays? Our entire home is being compromised for what is effectively a video game.

I honestly don't really know what to say. He thinks he's being entirely reasonable to do this without involving me. I don't even know what to say to him here since the whole thing seems so ridiculous and he's so obviously being unreasonable yet is oblivious and keeps saying I'll really enjoy vr and it'll all be worth it. I told him I was worried he'll damage the TV or my art supplies and he is convinced it won't be a problem as they have sensors for that.

I love my boyfriend and he's always been entirely reasonable and level headed until now and we always discuss everything. How do I get through to him about this? If it wasn't so difficult right now I'd be considering moving out or leaving. I told him I'd throw it out the window when it arrived unless he was going to sit down and have a serious conversation about this but he just won't take anything I say seriously.

TL;DR My boyfriend bought a vr headset and wants to remove our bed to play it in our tiny studio apartment and can't see this is unreasonable.

My (24F) boyfriend (24M) is raging at the computer while playing a video game. I am getting sick of it.

quote:

Me and my boyfriend have known each other for 9 years and have been dating for 2. We live together and have a baby on the way. We are both gamers and can both get frustrated at games. I started practicing some self-control when it came to my anger. I'm an adult and it's just a game, if I'm not having fun why am I playing. I also didn't want to disturb him since he would be doing homework since he was finishing up school. Shortly before I got pregnant I had started working on not raging in general not just showing a bit of restraint when it came to how loud I got. I've done a lot of self-improvement and just work on myself in general.

When I found out I was pregnant, I told him he had to work on not raging at the game. I gave him advice and methods to not rage or to control it a bit better and everything. He just replied that he would stop raging when the baby was born. I'm not satisfied with that because it's not something easy to just quit doing. On multiple occasions I'm sleeping and he will rage and slam on the desk and it causes me to wake up in a panic. I point it out and he apologizes, but what's the point of apologizing if you aren't working on it.

I need advice or some help to cope. My fear is that he won't stop raging and he's going to consistently wake the baby up once she's here. Then years down the line I'm going to have a child that's also raging at games. I worked so hard to not rage and to ensure I'm not disrupting people around me while I game, but he seems to not actually care.

He works 6 days a week 10 hour shifts to support me during the pandemic. I'm sure this is stressful. He makes decent money and the job isn't labor intensive. I make sure he's fed, the house is presentable, and (try to ensure) that he's sexually and emotionally satisfied. He treats me well, he doesn't yell at me often. It's not anything hurtful or insulting if he does and it's typically after a bad game.

What should I do to encourage him to work in his raging? It's the only aspect of our relationship that I can't stand and that he has made no attempt at working on.

TL:DR My boyfriend rages hard at games, we have a baby on the way, I quit raging, he's made no attempt to work on it. I need advice.

Is leaving my partner of 4 years over video games the right call?

quote:

So hear me out before folks jump to conclusions. Me (F 22) and my partner (M 23) have been living together during the quarantine. I was living at home, but he offered for me to move in until quarantine is over and I can start working again to help pay rent and officially move in. We have lived together before for about a year and went through graduations and career changes that led to us living apart.

My partner has always played video games, especially World of Warcraft. I know he uses it to connect to friends who he can't see, but ever since the lockdown he has been playing for more than half the day. We share a studio apartment on his parents property with no backyard, so it can be challenging to be in a single room with him while he is disconnected from me and yelling at a computer.

This has been an issue since we first moved in together 2 years ago.. we've discussed it in the past, but now in quarantine circumstances are different and we literally have our 500 square ft apartment and nothing else.. causing him to play for 8 hrs a day.

Part of me is worried this will continue when we start a family together and I'll be stuck cleaning and cooking (like I currently am doing now). He says he will do the dishes, but I have to bug him and at that point the pile is huge.. He feels like he does other chores that equate to cooking and cleaning the kitchen (taking out the trash, putting clothes in the washer,dryer) but honestly it feels like I care way more about keeping our space clean and he zones into his games and let's his desk pile up with trash, plates and bottles.

I've talked to him about it, saying I want more time for us to do things together and for him to help me keep our space clean, but the habits don't change. Any advice on how I can maintain my sanity during this quarantine and possibly communicate better with him?

TL;DR Boyfriend focused on video games 8 hrs a day, doesn't clean enough and need advice how to get him to see my side of it before I call it quits.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Cythereal posted:

My (27f) boyfriend (23m) tried to throw out our bed so he could play a video game

Isn't it a thing where people frequently just walk into/accidentally punch their stuff while doing VR? Wouldn't it be basically impossible to do in a studio? It can't possibly be cool enough to warrant that level of rearranging your life.

Cythereal posted:

I think yes, she should leave him, but it wouldn't really be over video games, it would be because he sucks and doesn't seem to be contributing anything to the relationship, which is an extremely valid reason to break up with someone.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

AITA- went to the nurse and she was a close family friend

quote:

So I had to go to the nurse to get bloods. I didn’t recognise her at first with the mask and lack of makeup but it turned out to be my daughters old best friend. This girl has slept at my house 100s of times, I’ve taken her on holiday, she was at my wedding and we only had 30 guests!

About 5 years ago she got pregnant and my daughter moved away and they have very different lives now and have drifted apart so I’ve only seen her a couple of times in passing at the hospital (I’m also a nurse).

But bearing in mind how much she knows me I was flabbergasted to find her in the gp surgery and obviously having access to all my medical notes which I am REALLY uncomfortable with.

I want to complain but I don’t want to get her in trouble and I guess the damage is done, but I really do not want her accessing my records.

AITA if I make a complaint?

I am not a medical professional, but I'm baffled by what exactly this woman thinks will happen--like, the post says she's also a nurse, so surely she understands that if this woman accesses her records inappropriately, she would get turbofired, and there isn't the slightest indication that the person in question has done anything inappropriate.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cythereal posted:

Today's words are 'video game.' There's a theme I noticed...

The thing in the first story that confuses me; Why would them being on the ground floor or not make any difference?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Lol, I went searching to see if he even had any job since it's not clear, and it's almost worse than not having one

OP posted:

He literally just texted me about my day at home (he had a shift today) and then proceeded to ask me to login to his game for him so it's ready in time for him when he gets home. I just yelled "No!" and hung up. Ugh, here's to hoping our conversation goes well..

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

SiKboy posted:

The thing in the first story that confuses me; Why would them being on the ground floor or not make any difference?

Generally it is considered rude to do anything that requires jumping or stomping if you live above other people in an apartment building. It's not as big of an issue if you live on the ground floor because your floor is no one else's ceiling.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

AITA- went to the nurse and she was a close family friend

I am not a medical professional, but I'm baffled by what exactly this woman thinks will happen--like, the post says she's also a nurse, so surely she understands that if this woman accesses her records inappropriately, she would get turbofired, and there isn't the slightest indication that the person in question has done anything inappropriate.

Because she's done it in the past so she assumes everyone else does as well, and now it's a problem because it's her records.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

vonnegutt posted:

Generally it is considered rude to do anything that requires jumping or stomping if you live above other people in an apartment building. It's not as big of an issue if you live on the ground floor because your floor is no one else's ceiling.

Ah, I was thinking she meant for futon purposes, rather than the whole room VR thing! That does make at least some sense now, thanks.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for throwing out my younger brother?

quote:

I (27M) have two younger brothers, Paul and Jake, who are both 20. Paul is my brother by blood, while Jake is adopted. Paul and Jake have never gotten along, which is entirely Paul's doing. Jake has high functioning autism, and Paul looks down on him for it. He always has. Our parents have tried to get them to bond, but Paul is always cruel to Jake about everything. I've long since moved out of my parent's house, but I tried every time I was there to tell Paul what he was doing was wrong, but he's never listened.

Jake moved into an apartment with his girlfriend about a year ago and has a stable job. Paul, on the other hand, was using our parents like an ATM and couldn't hold a job to save his life. They threw him out. I love my brother, despite his shortcomings and decided to take him in. Since moving out Jake has gone LC with Paul, understandablely.

While living with me, I've gotten Paul to get a job and start helping out with the bills. I was hoping that he would start turning over a new leaf, and it seemed that he was starting to.

Then, Jake came to visit. He was fully aware that Paul was living with me, and wanted to see if they could repair their relationship now that Paul seemed to be improving. Jake has always been one of the sweetest people in the world, and has given Paul chance after chance to change.

We stayed in and got takeout, and everything seemed to be going well until the topic of Jake's girlfriend came up. I'd met her a few times, but I hadn't realized until that moment that Paul had also met her. In fact, she was Paul's biggest crush in HS. I knew that Jake had never really brought her up to Paul, but I didn't know that was the reason. Paul got angry, really angry and told Jake that he "couldn't understand what a girl like her was doing with a r*tard like him." It was like all our progress had been set to zero. I told Paul that was a disgusting word and he should never use it for any reason, let alone against his brother. He said that Jake wasn't his brother, and that he could say whatever he wanted. Jake quickly left, and Paul and I got into an explosive argument. The whole time he kept calling Jake that word, and finally I snapped. I told him he had two days to pack his things and leave. He got even more pissed, screaming that I was picking Jake over him. I didn't say anything, and Paul left.

Later our parents called and said I was being cruel for making Paul homeless. I told them they could always let him stay with them until he could find his own place, but that made them even angrier. I talked to Jake and he thanked me for defending him, but felt bad that he had ruined my relationship with Paul.

Honestly, I'm so disappointed in the things Paul said that I'm not sure I'm bothered by losing our relationship. I feel like he was just telling me what I wanted to hear the whole time he was living with me, and that night was him showing his true colors again.

I don't think I'm the AH, but maybe I am for throwing Paul out with such short notice?

How dare you make your brother homeless!
Fine you take him!
Waarglblaaarg!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for making it uncomfortable on purpose when my parents friends comment on my dating life / my future babies?

quote:

I'm in high school and while I haven't told many people except my best friends, I'm a lesbian. You wouldn't guess it from looking at me, I've a cheerleader in the South, with long blonde hair and a pretty femme style.

But something fuckin weird has been going on since before I even came to terms with my sexuality.. ever since I was a little kid, my parents friends would talk about me being a heartbreaker, or how I'd be a good wife, or ask if I was dating any of the football players when I started cheer. In middle school for fucks sake. And my parents were fine with it?

It always gave me the ick but I only think I really understood why when I came to terms with my sexuality. Like it's honestly fuckin wild when bigoted people in my town say gay people are trying to influence their kids to "make them gay" ... Like have y'all heard yourselves spending the last 15 years trying to make a girl straight???

Anyway, I wanted to start pushing back on it but I'm not ready to out myself to everyone so I started calling it out as inappropriate but not giving more context.

One time recently, my aunt's friend was asking "are you dating Joe" then when I said no, he's my best friend and nothing more, she said that WE WOULD HAVE CUTE BABIES? like what the actual gently caress.

So I made it as uncomfortable as possible and said "Please remember that I'm a minor. It's not appropriate for you to speculate on or comment on my sex life" and I walked away.

A little bit later, some of my dad's friends were joking about how the trade school I want to take classes at next summer vacation would be great for me to find a man at. I just stayed straight faced and said "Excuse me.. I'm a minor, and I'm your friend's daughter. It's not appropriate for you to be asking me about my dating life."

I just kept doing that, whenever someone said something icky assuming I was straight or that I was gonna marry or get pregnant with a man, I just tell them bluntly that I'm a minor and that this line of discussion is inappropriate.

My parents heard about this from several of their friends and got upset with me for "accusing" their friends of asking inappropriate questions. They said that it's a kinda normal joke to ask teens about that kinda stuff, nobody means much by it.

I said that it was not normal, I don't just go up to their friends like "who ya loving?" And my mom grounded me for "back talk"

But fr I think I have a point, it is weird and uncomfortable and not something I want to be hearing from adults I'm not related to. Hell, I don't even want to hear it from family. I feel like the talk of me having BABIES with my FRIENDS is super fuckin weird from anyone. Like I can't imagine going up to someone half my age and telling them they should sleep with their platonic friends. Wtf.

AITA for being so blunt about not liking those questions?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hughlander posted:

How dare you make your brother homeless!
Fine you take him!
Waarglblaaarg!

Yeah it's become a real "SAY THE LINE BART!!!" moment in these situations where a whole family will shame someone for kicking a toxic person out, but all of course refuse to take them in themselves.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for making it uncomfortable on purpose when my parents friends comment on my dating life / my future babies?

This girl is a genius and now I know what to say on behalf of the kids when people start with that creepy loving bullshit at cookouts and family gatherings.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not bringing up my dead brother and humiliating an acquaintance?

:allears:

This one had an update:

quote:

Final Edit: the moment you have all been waiting for, I have news, and boy is it juicy. I took a screenshot of his message and other harassing messages, and threatened to send them to the other friend group if her didn’t get off my back and treat me like a human being, and he told me he saw my post and said that I “painted him in a bad light” and “made people hate him”, basically cussing me out for making him look worse than he already looked. Well, I wasn’t really gonna send those screenshots to our group chat but that moron told on himself by complaining to our other friends that I posted this, expecting them all to be on his side for me “trying to ostracized him from his friends”, and they subsequently found this post, and when I say they all read the whole post, I loving mean it.

They then started asking him if he really had the loving audacity to send me a message saying that my dead twin brother is ashamed of me, and he denied it and said that I was trying to make him look bad, but as soon as he tried to lie, I sent the screenshot, no message, just the screenshot, to the group chat. They were pissed, and he said I photoshopped it and was lying about him, but every time he told another lie, I sent another screenshot from our chat, basically just him verbally demeaning me over the internet. Let me say, by the end of it, he was trying to defend himself, and everyone was just leaving him on read. After a few minutes of his last text, our group kind of leader, Brandon, just sent him a message asking him to meet up at a restaurant. Brandon and I have the strongest connection, we are kind of dating but not officially, so he’s really protective over me.

Long story short, Brandon didn’t scream or yell, but in no uncertain terms did he say that if that guy ever came around me or Brandon, that included his house for the She-Hulkathon, he was gonna be in BIG trouble, and everyone seconded that, even they guy that introduced him to our friend group. He pleaded and said he’d apologize, but everyone basically told him we’re done with his poo poo and to gently caress off. The She-Hulkathon was cancelled, and instead, we’re going to have an NCISathon, as it’s my favorite show and my friends said they wanted me included. I truly have the best friend group, and that demeaning, insulting POS is facing the actions of his consequences. Y’all’s advice was top tier, thank you. Have a good night/day, fellow redditors.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
YTA for NCIS being your favorite show (sorry about your trauma tho)

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

I love this, it makes me so mad when I hear people jokingly asking young kids (like elementary school age) "so do you have a girl/boyfriend yet?" Like loving leave them alone, they're kids, you're just making them feel weird and there's literally a million other normal things you could talk to them about. I realize OP is older than that, but I feel like the principle's the same.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Agrikk posted:

This one had an update:
What a speedy turnaround for such lengthy updates, especially this last one involving a scheduled meeting AND its aftermath where everyone in a group chat discussed and agreed on changing their plans. :allears:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

maybe your friends take several weeks to respond to you but university/college-aged kids have the capacity to be pretty speedy about this sort of thing

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

YTA for NCIS being your favorite show (sorry about your trauma tho)

Yeah like... it's the golden age of television, and you chose NCIS?

Unless you're a 60 year old invalid that's more embarrassing than whatever Marvel/Disney garbage is being pumped out.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 16, 2022

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I was imagining a bunch of young people all kind of cringing and trying to disappear during the initial confrontation and hoping that someone else would tell the guy to shut up. He seemed like a loudmouth confrontational type that maybe this group just didn't know how to deal with in person. Once they were all online and sending chat messages back and forth they were a bit more in their element and able to choose a course of action and carry it out. Top update, other than NCIS.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

maybe your friends take several weeks to respond to you but university/college-aged kids have the capacity to be pretty speedy about this sort of thing

greazeball posted:

I was imagining a bunch of young people all kind of cringing and trying to disappear during the initial confrontation and hoping that someone else would tell the guy to shut up. He seemed like a loudmouth confrontational type that maybe this group just didn't know how to deal with in person. Once they were all online and sending chat messages back and forth they were a bit more in their element and able to choose a course of action and carry it out. Top update, other than NCIS.
I forgot that not everyone’s us grumpy olds on this dead gay forum. :sigh:

Still feel like a day is too quick and pat for multiple eventful updates, but I know that sucks as a reply so feel free to call me a fun-ruiner or whatever you need.

drat kids, always being on my lawn with their NCIS parties.

Borosilicate
Aug 26, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I would want to support the guy but an NCIS watch party really is one of the few things I'd like less than going through a bunch of marvel stuff. He's got pretty good friends if they're doing that for him lol

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Borosilicate posted:

Man I would want to support the guy but an NCIS watch party really is one of the few things I'd like less than going through a bunch of marvel stuff. He's got pretty good friends if they're doing that for him lol

Good news is in your own imagination the NCIS party you attend can actually be pretty bitching, just like this one was.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Y'know, have some more.

HELP! My bf only plays video games and doesn’t make plans to do anything.

quote:

Help! My bf only plays video games and doesn’t do anything unless I ask.

My (f25) bf (m26) plays video games from morning to night and aside from working, that’s all he does. We recently moved into a new apartment together and he hasn’t taken initiative to help find furnitures/unpack boxes, only plays video games. He argues back and says that he does things..but only when I ask him to. We rarely go on dates, because I’m the one to plan dates and I feel bad when I need to drag him out of his gaming chair, even though he says he doesn’t mind. I’ve asked him to take initiative more but no change has been made. He says I moan and whine every day asking to do things but, it’s like, 1. You don’t do anything unless I tell you to or 2. You told me that If I need help, to ask?

Another thing to add is that, he wfh every single day and can go weeks without going out. We got into an argument because I said we never go out and do things after work and he says it’s because he’s tired and wants to lay in bed afterwork or play video games. He then says if I wanted to plan something then he’ll just tag along.

Am I overreacting? I really need advice.

TL;DR: bf plays video games from morning to night and doesn’t make plans to do anything unless I ask him to come with me.

My [20m] boyfriend [21m] frequently gets jealous over the fact I play video games with guy friends. Is this normal?

quote:

This sounds absolutely ridiculous typing it out, but I would really appreciate some objective judgment because I don't really have any close girl friends to confide this issue in.

My boyfriend and I met in a video game 4 years ago. We're both gamers. We both have been since long before we met each other. I play a lot of MMORPGs, and FPS, one of which is World of Warcraft. I have a raid group, consisting of mostly men, and one other woman who I am all friends with, and we usually voice chat and play WoW at least 2-3 nights a week for 2-3 hours each time. This triggers an intense jealousy in my boyfriend which I find extremely unfair, and it is making me grow resentful. He considers the fact I voice chat other guys a token of betrayal, and I always find that I have to spend a lot of time defending the fact I have hobbies, and placating his feelings by reassuring him nothing will happen with guys, etc.

Some evenings we'll be talking, he'll ask what's up, and when I tell him that I'm in a game lobby or voice chatting, the tone just changes drastically. Sometimes he'll act passive aggressive then guilt me by saying he doesn't feel prioritized; which is not true. I would drop anything for him if he needed me. I've tried to explain that it is simply male-dominated. If he had a passion for anything female-dominated I would understand, but he simply doesn't.

I genuinely do not believe I am in the wrong for maintaining a hobby that I have for years just because it happens to be male dominated.

Once I was so tired of the passive aggression, that I rose my voice at him and said I wasn't some mindless piece of meat without my own autonomy, and that I am frankly offended that he would be jealous over something like this. To me, it's as if I'm some damsel in distress who needs to be protected at all costs. I find it ridiculous. I'm bisexual, and have dated more women, than I have men, yet he doesn't hoover over me when he knows I am only talking to women.

I've even tried to get him into the game, but he thinks subscription based games are stupid. Unless he plays the game, he will never understand why it helps to have a dedicated group to game with.

I just want some advice on how to approach this situation. I feel bad saying this, but I have honestly run out of sympathy because his jealousy is delusional. We have been together for four years and he still doesn't know where my loyalties lie.

TLDR; My boyfriend gets jealous over the fact I play video games with men.

And have a couple of women who did dump their partners over it!

My (25F) family refuses to believe I've broken up with my fiance (28M)

quote:

I know the title sounds bizarre, but I feel like I'm going insane.

I started dating 'Tristan' 6 years ago. We got engaged and moved in together (his family house after his parents went to a nursing home) last year. Our relationship was mostly great. We had some normal couples arguments, mainly about chores after we moved in together - my job involves regular travel so I'm often not home on weekends - but nothing serious.

I broke up with Tristan and ended the engagement two weeks ago because of his video game addiction. He got a new game early this year that he became completely obsessed with. He neglected chores, stopped taking care of our cat, and started heating up frozen dinners or ordering out when it was his turn to cook. I flipped when he forgot to pick me up from the airport, twice in a row.

I gave him chance after chance, we went to counseling, he'd swear to do better and he'd be better for a week or so before crawling back inside his 'office.' I eventually decided that I was tired of being the second woman in his life after a bunny girl made of pixels and left. My best friend has been letting me stay with her for cheap rent until I can get a place of my own.

Tristan's done, I'm over him and I don't care what he does with his life. My parents, though, are acting like we're still engaged. They still talk on social media about their son-in-law to be, talk about the family we were going to have, etc. When I called my parents to talk about holiday plans for this year she told me that every couple has fights, men need their hobbies and I'll realize how much I miss Tristan, they're not changing their plans because I'm going through a phase, and they said they already invited him to the holidays and he accepted.

Reddit, am I going crazy here? The wedding is canceled. I returned Tristan's engagement ring. I've updated my mailing address. But my family is acting like this is just some brief spat and I'll take my ex-fiance back.

tl;dr: Broke up with my fiance due to his gaming addiction, but family acts like I'm still engaged, I feel like I'm losing my mind

Did I (32f) over react when I caught my fiancé (34M) talking inappropriately with his gamer female friend?

quote:

My fiancé proposed in July after we have been together for 12 years. We had talked about it for a while and then it happened. Cool.

We own a business from home together. I usually do all the order prep, fulfillment, etc. He literally plays video games all day, from when he gets up to when he goes to bed. I've never really had a problem with it, but I needed him to help around the house more. He would do the dishes and a load or two of laundry but that's it. Said it was because I told him not to throw my stuff away and he didn;t know what to do with it.

He started a new game a while back and in late July made a new friend in there. Some girl in another country and they would play in their guild together with other friends. Cool. Our desks are right next to each other and nothing seemed inappropriate at the time using voice chat.

I went on a girls trip in August for a week. When I got back he was telling me about how he had to rebuff this girl and he wanted me to read the messages. He had to tell her to back off. So I said sure let me see them, and then stuff went sideways. Now he doesn't want me to see them said he is weary of my reaction. I let it go that night but the next night, I went to a bar got drunk and demanded to see them.

To me, it was cheating. To be saying to someone else "Kinda wish it were you here." "Wearing nothing but one of my shirts and panties." "You're pretty sexy." That he wants to go to her country because he hears there are some pretty cute girls there "and he only has one on his mind. but she lives so far away. And so much more. It made me want to vomit.

She had asked him if he had a gf because some other guild mates had asked about me. And he dodged it. Then told her he didn't know what our relationship was at the moment. Even though it has been less than 2 months since he proposed. And we have been together for 12 years. He asked her if he did would she be trying to steal him. She said no, but if he didn't have one she would not feel guilty about the remarks they made.

I flipped out, again I was really drunk so this was not the best time to be reading these messages.. Told him to that this was so disrespectful and not okay. He told me to get over it. That he was just loving around and practicing. I asked him to delete her and he wouldn't because of the guild and game stuff. So I asked him to talk with only in game guild stuff. And he did for a few days. Ignored her. But a week later, once I went back out with friends for the night, he starts having friendly conversation with her again. Nothing like before but still. I asked him to not talk to her after the conversations they were having. And I felt so disrespected. I will say I reacted very, very badly and hit him. I should have never done that and totally take responsibility for my actions there.

I messaged her myself and we chatted a bit. She admitted to developing feelings for him and said that they had grown closer than she thought they would.

Yesterday, I went over to his parents house as that is where he lives now, to try to talk. Only to be told I've changed, and I started drinking and being angry all the time in the past couple of months. Told me I asked for too much and had gotten fat. When I asked why he talked to her like that he said it was my fault and that I should think about what had happened to make him go talk to another girl. That I never want to play video games with him but always want him to go places with me (which he rarely ever does.) And that I am selfish. He has cheated physically before but this just feels so much worse. I was sitting next to him when some of these messages were sent.

Anyways, I guess I am just wondering if maybe I did overreact to the messages. I know I did about the hit, but my emotional side of, the betrayal I feel? Is that crazy?

TL;DR - Fiancé sent inappropriate messages to online gamer girl. Told me I'm overreacting and ruining stuff, and to let it go. I just want to know if I am overreacting to the messages.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You used to really have to expend effort to gently caress up your relationship this badly. Like, spend hours out of the house, hooking up with strangers and poo poo. Now you can do it from the comfort of your own room! Thanks, computers!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Shithouse Dave posted:

Mi casa su casa, Megadoodoo.

Mi casa de mierda su casa de mierda, Megadoodoo.

FTFY

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Uncle Enzo posted:

Even with old lovely gender roles, a man doesn't look in a lady's purse. (Because he might see a Scary Period Product, but still).

good heavens, you mean respectable ladies carry those things around with them? in their purses?!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Borosilicate posted:

I'd go if they showed the episodes where clearly nobody in the writing room has ever done anything with computers. Those are just absolutely the dumbest poo poo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A scary period product is a Victorian fan with a ghost on it, right?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Soylent Pudding posted:

Take away the "she's obviously a minor" poo poo and you're still left with the same gross poo poo that every person 20-30+ without kids goes through. It's loving disgusting, it's not appropriate and yet it's so drat common. If kids happen and you're not that one weirdo who demanded that her husband just keep it quiet, they'll let you know. Until then, no kids. Quit obsessing and deal with it.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
"Your're not better than me at Halo! I own your rear end! Stop looking at my screen!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'd go if they showed the episodes where clearly nobody in the writing room has ever done anything with computers. Those are just absolutely the dumbest poo poo.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OddRipeGoshawk.mp4

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Okay but this is exactly what happens when I ask my son to open pdf.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Cythereal posted:

Did I (32f) over react when I caught my fiancé (34M) talking inappropriately with his gamer female friend?
He has cheated physically before but this just feels so much worse
Nah it's not like he's already set a precedent. You must be overreacting, make sure to marry him!!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

I feel like she could have at least asked him who he was through the door before iimmediately calling the cops. Or through the Ring doorbell. I'm not saying in anyway she should have opened the door for him, just there should have been a step or two before she reaches "police."

The neighbors sound awful regardless.

Because "not rocking up to a stranger's door on a random evening and bashing on it" is apparently not an option.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

empty sea posted:

I work at an ER vet specialty hospital and we don't see servals. We've had more than one try to come in and they are absolutely nightmares to try and deal with because they are so aggressive so now we don't see them. We do see savannah cats but they usually have horrible immune issues. Most special breeds of cats do. A lot of sphinxes we see die young with heart disease or immune related diseases. It's awful because the sphinxes are usually very friendly and sweet. I have videos of me with one and even with the owners spending thousands he just slowly declined and they had to euthanize. They're my favorite but I won't own one because of how expensive they are to buy and then try and keep alive once they go downhill.

Working in vet ER medicine really taints so many breeds of animals because all I see when I look at them is all the horrible ways they end.

Turns out the weird eugenics poo poo so many "purebred" breeders do is actually horrible for the animals. I'm sure you already knew that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Patrat posted:

I would never spend 11K on a cat but I did spend more than a thousand on a Bengal and... He was awesome? Super active, super friendly, absolutely gorgeous as well but he would also happily play with newly met dogs or small children. Unfortunately him being friendly and completely fearless also made him really easy to steal and in this case I never got him back.

Over a year ago now and I still miss him, he used to sleep under my duvet then every morning once my alarm went off crawl up and cuddle for a bit before I got up.

That's a nightmare scenario, my condolences