Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
We see the windmill gundam on a screen in Turn A too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

GodFish posted:

We see the windmill gundam on a screen in Turn A too

Yeah, Fuunsaiki appears in the same scene as another blueprint Sid, Guin and the Suicide Squad pilots look at on the copy of the Black History records that Sid made on Guin's request (and without Dianna's knowledge). I think there's one or two other units shown briefly in that sequence, but it's been a while since I've looked at it.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

We also get a pretty solid implication that the Gundam that Corrin Nander fought was the Wing Gundam. So there is some stuff.

EDIT: Oh Tsob mentioned that. Well in any case I think it’s interesting that all the AU stuff seems to make the black history but I don’t think any of the non-Tomino UC stuff does which feels way more deliberate and pointed to me.

Sam Sanskrit fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 16, 2022

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

First time I read this I forgot the meaning of "ships" in this context and was imagining a game where Char was trying to date his Musai or whatever. So, again, kind of par for the course for modern dating sims.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Razor Jacksuit posted:

First time I read this I forgot the meaning of "ships" in this context and was imagining a game where Char was trying to date his Musai or whatever. So, again, kind of par for the course for modern dating sims.

If you can date a pigeon you can date a z'gok.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want to date Dom-Chan from the SD Gundam Olympics.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Razor Jacksuit posted:

sentinel gundam ii

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
We are probably only a few years out from a Gundam Gacha envisioning the suits as cute robot girls

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Official designs for those have been coming out for literal decades at this point

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Gaius Marius posted:

I was playing a dating sim where the dude licked a girl's knee. Chars game cannot hope to match the loving weirdness in that genre already
let’s not test that theory

e:

Little Side James

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 16, 2022

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Sleng Teng posted:

Minor question: I wanted to start my gundam watch again and next on the list is war in the pocket. I didn’t see any legal watching options in the us other than buying the bd, did I miss something?

Not at the moment - sometimes they'll dump 0080 onto the Youtube channel, but there's no particular rhyme or reason to it.

If you live in a large metropolitan area you might be able to get the BD from your local library, either directly or through interlibrary loan, but if not it's pretty reasonably priced and 0080 owns, so there are worse uses of your thirty bucks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endless Waltz went up on GundamINFO today

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sleng Teng posted:

Minor question: I wanted to start my gundam watch again and next on the list is war in the pocket. I didn’t see any legal watching options in the us other than buying the bd, did I miss something?

Pirate it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Endless Waltz went up on GundamINFO today

Film or OVA?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OVA, it's three videos.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

When I watched a bunch of Gundam in 2014 there were very little legal, reasonably priced options for a lot of the series, even super popular ones like Wing. People got it a lot better now.

Although, I still think $56 for half of a 80s and 90s anime is kinda lovely. It's the only reason I haven't actually bought Wing or Zeta.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/mecha_tho/status/1570951152396795905

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now do one in front of a Games Workshop stand so Columbo knows what true plastic debt looks like.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

Now do one in front of a Games Workshop stand so Columbo knows what true plastic debt looks like.

Man, I really want to get that upcoming space dwarf army set they're doing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1570911364654436353?s=20&t=Nb0FTaeeCwDCbJQT7yFJWg

E: TV size G-Witch OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aEcmnGye2c

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 17, 2022

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Halfway through G-Gundam and I think George freaking out in the Guyana Highlands is pretty fun.

Also I really like the G-Witch OP and I hope the visuals are really good too.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

When I watched a bunch of Gundam in 2014 there were very little legal, reasonably priced options for a lot of the series, even super popular ones like Wing. People got it a lot better now.

Although, I still think $56 for half of a 80s and 90s anime is kinda lovely. It's the only reason I haven't actually bought Wing or Zeta.

What You had to do was find a suncoast going out of business. That was the money

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I like it, looking forward to the visuals.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

"Oh, that all makes sense now, Mr. Fareed. I'm sorry to have bothered you.

...It's just that there's one more thing. I was looking up some shipping companies. You know what the higher ups are like, you're with the inspection bureau, it's just making sure the boss won't ask questions about the report.

Here's the funny thing, though. The Montag corporation got a Valkyrie frame, just before poor Gaelio had his accident. And I'm sure you know, Mr. Fareed, that those are very, very rare outside of Gjallarhorn.

Probably nothing, of course. Just have to ask these questions for the report. Have a nice day."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Well, if you must ask, I was building Gunpla when the murder happened. Master Grade Gundam Aerial. One must be on the zeitgeist, after all."

"Sure sure, sorry to bother you. It's just...they don't make Master Grades of currently running shows anymore, don't they? Not after AGE."

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Did the GN-X really just cluster together back to back in a circle and spin around really fast shooting wildly as a battle tactic? This show is amazing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Did the GN-X really just cluster together back to back in a circle and spin around really fast shooting wildly as a battle tactic? This show is amazing.

Extremely advanced tactics, without a solid grounding in Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, Beyblade and the Strategikon the viewer is liable to misunderstand the genius of the tactics. Only Lok and Jerid have a comparable grasp and execution on tactics in the franchise.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Allenby taking 30 episodes to pop up is criminal, G-Gundam.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I DO NOT LIKE THE CLOWN GUNDAM

THESE CLOWNS CAN GO TO HELL

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 18, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I DO NOT LIKE THE CLOWN GUNDAM

THESE CLOWNS CAN GO TO HELL

You and Chibodee are on the same page, I see.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

You and Chibodee are on the same page, I see.

One of the few times I have truly felt on the same page as an anime character.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Well, that's season one of 00 done. I liked basically everything not involving the main gundam pilots infinitely more than anything involving them. Except maybe the throne pilots, they sucked.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Well, that's season one of 00 done. I liked basically everything not involving the main gundam pilots infinitely more than anything involving them. Except maybe the throne pilots, they sucked.

I've got bad news vis a vis season 2.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I've got bad news vis a vis season 2.

Oh yeah season one killed off most of the cast, it's like they really wanted to make sure all the fun was dead.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Nuebot posted:

Oh yeah season one killed off most of the cast, it's like they really wanted to make sure all the fun was dead.

I've got good news vis a vis season 2.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

GodFish posted:

I've got good news vis a vis season 2.

Is everyone replaced by identical twins?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Nuebot posted:

Is everyone replaced by identical twins?

No comment.

Season 2 is even more goofy fun than season 1 though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nuebot posted:

wait, including saji?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, including saji?

Saji grew on me, his reporter sister was cool. Though it was hilarious the way he and his girlfriend lost their poo poo over her losing a hand. That whole scene I was like "Yo, just put the ring on the other hand, the one she still has."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
After a point in 00 Gundam it becomes less about feeling bad for Saji and more just wondering how they could possibly keep making his life worse.