Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I decided to give Titans a shot because I always liked the comics and I watched a ton of Arrowverse so what’s one more pulpy cheesy mediocre to bad comic book show? That’s my jam.

My first impression is it’s so drat dark. Literally. I ended up turning up the brightness on my tv just to see anything.

My second impression is it’s kind of no fun. Just angst on angst. I suppose that’s matching the comics but it’s a real drag to watch.

Maybe it will get more fun and colorful when everyone starts super heroing? This feels like it’s gonna take awhile to get there though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

STAC Goat posted:

I decided to give Titans a shot because I always liked the comics and I watched a ton of Arrowverse so what’s one more pulpy cheesy mediocre to bad comic book show? That’s my jam.

My first impression is it’s so drat dark. Literally. I ended up turning up the brightness on my tv just to see anything.

My second impression is it’s kind of no fun. Just angst on angst. I suppose that’s matching the comics but it’s a real drag to watch.

Maybe it will get more fun and colorful when everyone starts super heroing? This feels like it’s gonna take awhile to get there though.

It never gets fun. Doom Patrol stole all of it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Titans is so bad. I just sort of skip through while watching to see if anything interesting or cool is happening but no. There never is something cool or interesting.

They also have one of the worst takes on Barbara that I've ever seen.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like the actors that play Dick and Starfire and Wonder Girl so much, they do such great work with such terrible, terrible material.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Doom Patrol episode is the first I’ve kinda enjoyed. At least I’m more interested in watching that show even if I dunno if I’ll continue with this one once inertia gives.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The problem with Titans is that it is so stupid/gritty without any campiness to balance it off. I do like the actors and they are really giving it their all but the stuff is just so over the top bad. The Young Justice cartoon is pretty much Titans done right (Teen Titans Go is Titans done the best)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Titans is also kind of dumb because it isn't until like season 3 that they actually do stuff as a team. instead of just reacting to villains trying to kill them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Connor Leslie's first scene using the lasso pretty much redeemed all the lovely Donna Troy comics from the last twenty years.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Rhyno! No horny!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
De-hulked Jen wearing her oversized She-Hulk lawyer suit will never not be hilarious.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
when Jen was sinking under the table i really felt that lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dick having to make small talk and absent mindedly muttering “I wonder what Penguin is doing right now?” is the first time Titans really made me smile. It’s like it forgot it was supposed to be so drat serious for a second.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

She-Hulk is the best show because it has the best supporting characters. Last week we got the super team up of Madisynn and Wongers and this week we got Nikki and Pug.

Avongers Thur with a shovel killed me.

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 16, 2022

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I know people were worried when the series was about to premiere when the writers said they weren't great with the legal stuff but this episode is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for and they nailed it.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Pug seemed different this week, but then I realized it was just him being himself, as opposed to acting professional when talking with Dennis and in court.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Jen doing a full body wrap around her pillow, rolling over, and screaming into it at the beginning had me and my wife dying lmao just perfect physical comedy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So do we think She-Hulk will know Daredevil's identity? Will he give a pep talk that she too can be a lawyer slash superhero if she likes and she will tell him that he is in fact insane slash insanely unethical?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobok posted:

I know people were worried when the series was about to premiere when the writers said they weren't great with the legal stuff but this episode is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for and they nailed it.

Yea I think people took that "we didn't know how to write courtroom stuff" way to seriously, and literally, it was just a joke how they're comedy writers and not legal drama writers, but clearly they either hired someone who knew how to write legal stuff, or they learned how to write it.

The cadre of "this will finally destroy the MCU!" people is way to quick to jump on ANYTHING.

Lobok posted:

So do we think She-Hulk will know Daredevil's identity? Will he give a pep talk that she too can be a lawyer slash superhero if she likes and she will tell him that he is in fact insane slash insanely unethical?

They're gonna gently caress around that's how Matt will find out.

In bed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Jen's got one of the few supporting casts that are fun to watch and not actively irritating. This is a good show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of funny how the last comic book tv thing Josh Segarra did was a villain. He's so much better as a goofy guy.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
She-Hulk is far and away my fave Disney+ Marvel thing. The tone is pretty much perfect for the character, the supporting cast is great, and it’s interactions with the greater MCU are exactly what I was hoping it would be (a light hearted skewering). I could watch 100 episodes of this funny, breezy little show. I’m glad they realize not everything needs to be super-intense and life-changing. Sometimes you can just be a Hulk and the biggest problem is copyright infringement.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of funny how the last comic book tv thing Josh Segarra did was a villain. He's so much better as a goofy guy.

He's great as the goofy guy but he was also the best villain Arrow ever had. Pretty good range.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I think people took that "we didn't know how to write courtroom stuff" way to seriously, and literally, it was just a joke how they're comedy writers and not legal drama writers, but clearly they either hired someone who knew how to write legal stuff, or they learned how to write it.

She-Hulk was listening to a Law360 podcast in her car, they definitely hired someone that knows lawyers. I review Law360 daily securities litigation emails pretty much every day.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't believe people were complaining about how Jamil sounded. She had the perfect voice for the Titania they were going for.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I hate Titania so much, Jamil is good at her job. I want Jen to smack that heavy eye makeup right off her.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

He's great as the goofy guy but he was also the best villain Arrow ever had. Pretty good range.

Second best I'd say
1. Deathstroke
2. Prometheus
3. Malcolm
4. Dahrk
5. R'as
6. Charlie from Fringe

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

So are we thinking Titania is the one who sent the Wrecking Crew after Jen?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

She doesn't seem to think along those lines.

It's probably going to be a mystery that Daredevil is gonna help out with.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Good episode if a little unevenly paced.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I was hoping for a Leader reveal before they announced he was coming back so I'm even more hopeful now. Or maybe Frog Man turns out to be the big mastermind

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The villain is actually John Byrne

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

The villain is actually John Byrne

it's like i was just summoned to this thread to talk some poo poo

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

SlimGoodbody posted:

It’s gotta be the one date who was asking about the limit of her powers and then showed up this episode at the law firm as apparently their biggest client.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Klungar posted:

It’s gotta be the one date who was asking about the limit of her powers and then showed up this episode at the law firm as apparently their biggest client.

The driver said they had a boss and the teeth give him away as the guy in the mask.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

it's like i was just summoned to this thread to talk some poo poo

He wrote a couple of good batman issues.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
After the Harley Quinn finale, I need to repeat myself:

CapnAndy posted:

Bruce Wayne having Harley Quinn as his psychotherapist is now something I desperately want to see in the main comic books too. She could probably actually help him, y'know?
Run with this relationship, DC! It has real potential!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

He wrote a couple of good batman issues.

Like gently caress he did

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Like gently caress he did

"The Many Deaths of Batman" is a pretty good 3 issue arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He’s a bigger pervert than Claremont. I can’t even imagine it.