Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

The best way to use Wolverine is to have him on the team, but not as the protagonist or audience insert. He works best when bouncing off of others. I'm sure he'll get a stand-alone movie eventually, but if they avoid making every X-Men movie the Logan show, he'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really want to see Codependent Poster's AV in live action. He looks so happy with his giant sub, Scotts got this expression as if thinking "Man, this is gonna be good".

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
he does look like he's been thinking about that sandwich a while

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

he does look like he's been thinking about that sandwich a while

That's exactly what happened. He'd gone to Philadelphia to talk to some detectives about a mutant kidnapping that teen Cable was looking into. They brush him off and tell him to try a cheese steak while he's in town. He takes them up on that.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm no expert, but I usually think of Cap as the guy most people follow and everyone likes. Scott is the guy very few people like, but everyone follows. You'll get the stray Avenger who gives Steve some grief like Hawkeye. But even Wolverine knows when it's time to shut up and let Cyclops lead.

Cyclops wouldn't walk into Wanda's room after she blew up a Wakandan consulate building. Not because he doesn't care. He just would have no idea what to say and thinks it better to just not bother.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1570889223095336971

Holy poo poo, yessss

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I really want to see Codependent Poster's AV in live action. He looks so happy with his giant sub, Scotts got this expression as if thinking "Man, this is gonna be good".

I love the panel because it's like one of the happiest moments of his life and it's because he's about to chow down on a Philly cheesesteak.

I'm one of those people that really likes this movie even though it's really not the greatest. So this is cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I really enjoy how some parts of WB are super worried about character confusion, while other parts are like "gently caress it, 4 Constantines."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sure. Cool.

As long as they bring Peter Stomare back.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Sure. Cool.

Bring back Gavin Rossdale too. Dude probably could use the work.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
nice

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Francis Lawrence also had a Sublime movie announced today. Two movies on the same day seems pretty strange.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

live with fruit posted:

Francis Lawrence also had a Sublime movie announced today. Two movies on the same day seems pretty strange.

RIP Bradley on the serious tip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Finally watched Love and Thunder. I think it was a little janky in the first half. It felt like it went a little too broad and silly with the Korg’s children story vibe to start. I get it and I think it came together by the second half. And I liked the idea of it as a kids tale and Bale as a really good boogeyman. And the Jane stuff all worked for me. I had her ending spoiled for me and I was actually kind of disappointed by it on paper, but I felt it in play. Basically I wanted to see more Jane Thor but I really did feel her dilemma and sacrifice and choice.. All in all I’d say I’m curious how it goes on a second watch when I really know what it’s going for. I still think the childrens tale, bro comedy, and adult themes might all be a bit at odds. But maybe it will flow better when I’m not just wondering where the hell it’s going.

For all the complaints I read about the goats and “too much Korg” I actually thought they were pretty sparse. Like they’re not my favorite parts at all but neither felt overwhelming or overdone.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sure. Cool.

Hell yes please do.

And Yea, probably in a minority, but the first one enjoyed so much.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Did anything good happen in Constantine besides Lucifer lighting Constantine's cigarette?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Did anything good happen in Constantine besides Lucifer lighting Constantine's cigarette?

Tilda Swinton owned the gently caress out of every minute of her screen time.

I don’t know. That movie weirdly just kind of works despite being assembled largely from stereotypes and bad dialogue.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

StumblyWumbly posted:

the scene where he does the arm thing is loving cool
and the sprinkler bit
the whole trip to Hell with the cat, and also the electric chair deal
Rachel Weisz being a very attractive woman
it's a good movie folks

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tilda Swinton owned the gently caress out of every minute of her screen time.

I don’t know. That movie weirdly just kind of works despite being assembled largely from stereotypes and bad dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqymXN3cdy4

yeah tilda is absolutely iconic in this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sure lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Definitely not against another Constantine but in the context of all the other things questionable or cancelled at DC/WB it does seem like a weird one to revive after all this time. Reeves is more popular than ever though so maybe it's banking on that.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Lobok posted:

Definitely not against another Constantine but in the context of all the other things questionable or cancelled at DC/WB it does seem like a weird one to revive after all this time. Reeves is more popular than ever though so maybe it's banking on that.

oh yeah it is an absolutely nutty loving choice, even if I'm down for it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently this has pushed out the TV series from Abrams which isn't moving forward at HBO Max.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Comcast wants to buy Warner Bros. Discovery and merge it with NBCUniversal? Not sure if that would make the current situation worse or way worse.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

MH Knights posted:

Comcast wants to buy Warner Bros. Discovery and merge it with NBCUniversal? Not sure if that would make the current situation worse or way worse.

On one hand, it can't be any worse. On the other hand, have you ever used Peacock? It fuckin' sucks.

Oh, and last time they tried to make a cinematic universe, it faceplanted super hard. RIP Dark Universe.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

MH Knights posted:

Too bad Momoa's already in Fast X because an Aquaman crossover would've been perfect.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Give me Lil Nas X as Jesus

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

gently caress yes. The movie’s definitely flawed but it’s moody as gently caress and Keanu and Tilda own in it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MH Knights posted:

Way worse.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently this has pushed out the TV series from Abrams which isn't moving forward at HBO Max.

Discovery has made it very obvious they don't value hbo max at all so this tracks.

Also I'd like to think NBCU buying WBD would trigger a bunch of antitrust bells and whistles to go off but at this point, I wouldn't count on it. If it does happen, it will be exceedingly worse than Discovery buying WB and I feel for the poor throngs of employees at Warner who would then have gone through their third major buying and forced restructuring in less than 10 years. Every purchase just makes the whole company a bit more of a shell of itself.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
List of companies who already own a streaming service who should be allowed to buy WBD if they want it:

Apple

That’s the list.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

List of companies who already own a streaming service who should be allowed to buy WBD if they want it:

Apple

That’s the list.

:raise:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, Google's the only evil corporation not in the entertainment biz (not counting Youtube) so it's time for them to enter the game! :suicide:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

gently caress it, Google's the only evil corporation not in the entertainment biz (not counting Youtube) so it's time for them to enter the game! :suicide:
yes, google is the company i would turn to if i was worried about a new project not getting time to shine

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

The only two companies that should buy hbo are either Netflix, given how much they like to throw money at projects of questionable quality, or Shudder. And when I say shudder, I don't mean AMC (who owns shudder), I mean just shudder. If there's going to be a shared 90 day fiance universe then Jason, Freddy, Michael, and Chucky should all be part of it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Zachack posted:

The only two companies that should buy hbo are either Netflix, given how much they like to throw money at projects of questionable quality, or Shudder. And when I say shudder, I don't mean AMC (who owns shudder), I mean just shudder. If there's going to be a shared 90 day fiance universe then Jason, Freddy, Michael, and Chucky should all be part of it.

That's why they gotta get married so quickly. Life is short

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zachack posted:

My wife watches a lot of 90 Day stuff and honestly the slashers are less creepy than most of the dude on there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I for one am looking forward to Disn-App-WBNBCDIscoveryHBOUniveralParamount-googleho to finally allow the true crossovers to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We are proud to welcome the WB/DCU into the Mihoyoverse!