Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a few years ago someone stole my credit card number and bought 200 dollars worth of socks and underwear on amazon with it

sorry... I was going through a rough patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had my identity stolen like 4 years ago and only just got the last fraudulent poo poo taken off my credit report like a month ago lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

one time I ordered a PC case and Amazon sent me two, so I sent one back and explained that I'd only ordered and paid for one, and they refunded me twice so essentially they paid me to take a PC case. Overworked Amazon warehouse guys ftw

Do u think the people on the warehouse floor are processing credit card refunds

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I had my identity stolen like 4 years ago and only just got the last fraudulent poo poo taken off my credit report like a month ago lol

its the worst lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yah my sister in law had hers stolen like seven years ago and they bought a house with it nd didn't make any payments, her credit was screwed until like last year

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

she found out about it by people from collections giving her angry phone calls threatening to repo her house

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[loved being unemployed] getting some good ideas from the nintendo thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

[loved being unemployed] getting some good ideas from the nintendo thread

But what if… I were to steal someone’s identity and use it to purchase a house? Oh ho ho, delightfully devilish TLD

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I had collectors ignore 7k of medical debt by using danielfromsl style trolling until they stopped calling me. Now friends ask for advice to avoid paying for medical services.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZuyvDz_Vk

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

yah my sister in law had hers stolen like seven years ago and they bought a house with it nd didn't make any payments, her credit was screwed until like last year

Goddamn did they buy the house online or somethin wtf

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a few years ago someone stole my credit card number and bought 200 dollars worth of socks and underwear on amazon with it

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

In Training posted:

holy poo poo you know a lot about business and stuff. :swoon: can i suck your dick in your big boards of directors office on the 10,000th floor of the sears tower in your lumbar supported reclineble leather upholstered molded polyeuthere shelled chair with aluminum base while we look down at the credit card processors and laugh haha.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I got the tude now posted:

I had collectors ignore 7k of medical debt by using danielfromsl style trolling until they stopped calling me. Now friends ask for advice to avoid paying for medical services.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZuyvDz_Vk

when I was 21 I had 20k in medical debt and I just went off the grid for 7 years and now I have an 800 credit score lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

when I was 21 I had 20k in medical debt and I just went off the grid for 7 years and now I have an 800 credit score lol

🤝

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real-world cheat codes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell yeah

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Medical debt is weird as it won’t necessarily impact your credit score, they can’t garnish wages or attach liens (mostly), and you can settle a $10,000 debt by telling the hospital you can only afford $500.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

herculon posted:

Medical debt is weird as it won’t necessarily impact your credit score, they can’t garnish wages or attach liens (mostly), and you can settle a $10,000 debt by telling the hospital you can only afford $500.

Time to get my dick stretched.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I assume they scan stuff in or something, but also I just want to show them my support in this trying time.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sorry about that I fashioned what they call “FiFi’s” out of an entire boot camp division’s socks and underwear because as you well know they aren’t as good when they firm up so anyways as a condition of my court martial

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Irregardless posted:

sorry about that I fashioned what they call “FiFi’s” out of an entire boot camp division’s socks and underwear because as you well know they aren’t as good when they firm up so anyways as a condition of my court martial

Word.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Irregardless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKgyH9k1CSM

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this happens to all of them eventually. Just spray wd-40 inside them until that stops working and then you have to publicly declare protest, re-enact Mishima's coup, etc

of course, I had some contact cleaner in the closet. seems to be fixed now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011