Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Rarity posted:

Nothing could be worse than the Terry-Toons era of the early 40s

e: Or the Tessie the Typist run

Do you remember reading Menace? Issue one with the two headed ghouls is a Holy Grail for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rarity posted:

I'm dreading getting to this in my complete Marvel readthrough :ohdear:

This sounds like capital punishment.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Vintersorg posted:

Hopefully they're not spending money on the read-through. Because then it would capitalist punishment.

I know. I'm a bad person.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

only if it kills them! otherwise it's just plain old corporal punishment.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Everyone posted:

Hopefully they're not spending money on the read-through. Because then it would capitalist punishment.

I know. I'm a bad person.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rarity has a Marvel Unlimited sub

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rarity has a Marvel Unlimited sub

Maybe they just enjoy Sotheby's

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Finally watched the episode. Not much to add other than to say that Nikki's phrase in Mandarin, though short, was very well pronounced. I almost never hear passable Mandarin being spoken by any non-Mandarin speakers, so it was a nice little surprise. I actually could tell what she said before I looked down at the subtitle!

Edit: Apparently Ginger Gonzaga minored in Chinese, so I guess that explains that

404notfound fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 16, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The show is fine but to me it feels very disjointed

Part of that is the fact that they are doing half hour shows I guess. But I still find the way that they have used Titania to be odd. She had only been on the show for like 2 minutes prior to this episode and it would have been better if she was only introduced here.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Part of that is the fact that they are doing half hour shows I guess. But I still find the way that they have used Titania to be odd. She had only been on the show for like 2 minutes prior to this episode and it would have been better if she was only introduced here.

If they had done that, it would've been some random brand new character sending Jen a cease and desist. As is, it's that crazy character from before doing it, which is enough legwork.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

So far the character seems a little wasted, not much to them yet. Let Jameela out, MCU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Kaedric posted:

So far the character seems a little wasted, not much to them yet. Let Jameela out, MCU

There's four episodes left.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jameela playing her real-life nemesis (Insta models who sell shady diet and beauty products) is perfect. I'm really enjoying her so far.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

404notfound posted:

Finally watched the episode. Not much to add other than to say that Nikki's phrase in Mandarin, though short, was very well pronounced. I almost never hear passable Mandarin being spoken by any non-Mandarin speakers, so it was a nice little surprise. I actually could tell what she said before I looked down at the subtitle!

Edit: Apparently Ginger Gonzaga minored in Chinese, so I guess that explains that

I enjoyed the deep, deep shame she felt for using mandarin on a random Asian person.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I definitely saw a Deadpool shoe in the end credits.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
But was there a Mephisto shoe?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Speaking of shoes, I watched “Morbious” the other night and Matt Smith’s Rich’s-rear end character continues to wear his lovely New Balance sneakers even after his transformation and “I look sexy in a suit” dance. He wears them in every CGI vampire fight scene and even dies in them. What a specific, brain melting character choice.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

kazil posted:

I love it. They all have their palettes inverted, Holk has a mustache, Thur has a shovel, Black Widow is a scorpion now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's a little metatextual but it's kind of funny that I think the character has had a bigger presence in IRL advertisement material than in the show. Makes it seem more fitting somehow that Titania just exists as an outside presence without being seen in the show.

Not really a great way to operate but interesting to me.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Where is the Absorbing Man, her impossibly buff boyfriend who holds her purse and takes photos for her?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I do like the idea of classic C-list Marvel villains becoming morally ambivalent, non-antagonistic social media personalities. They’re already attention starved narcissists who will do literally anything but get a normal job…so it’s not a great leap.

gently caress. It would also be a great narrative excuse for C-listers to do henchman bullshit for the real Big Bad: it’s all just content for the stream, baby.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mameluke posted:

Where is the Absorbing Man, her impossibly buff boyfriend who holds her purse and takes photos for her?

Inside the flying man from Heroes

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Episode was good. Show is good.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Put Titania in the Thunderbolts.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

LongDarkNight posted:

Put Titania in the Thunderbolts.

Work? For the government? Secretly? Ewwww.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Mameluke posted:

For a second I wondered if one of She Hulk's tinder dates that approached Titania after the hearing would end up being Carl Creel. We didn't get names for any of those guys did we?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Absorbing Man is her uncle.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Really digging the idea of repurposing Absorbing Man as a himbo gym bro

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Everyone posted:

Iman Vellani is not a national treasure. She is a global if not multiversal treasure.

I'm begging you to be less weird about someone you don't know.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Party Boat posted:

For a second I wondered if one of She Hulk's tinder dates that approached Titania after the hearing would end up being Carl Creel. We didn't get names for any of those guys did we?

Rarity posted:

Really digging the idea of repurposing Absorbing Man as a himbo gym bro

That'd be fun. Dude is already attention seeking with his "I bench 600 pounds and not even a superhero" thing. Could see him becoming Titania's boyfriend, but her insisting he get some powers so they stay "on brand".

I wonder how they will explain Titania getting her powers. Wrecking Crew had asgardian stuff, so like Jessica Jones stuff with drugs? And why would she want super strenght if she's obviously not a "fitness influencer" type? Like she comes across more as a party girl/beauty influencer.

More stuff for a second season I guess :haw:

And my two cents regarding the Hunk situation: I saw it as a comment on the whole artificiality of dating apps. Like, the guy says that is very demoralizing to just being seen as a swipe. They reduce people to some pictures, that may be staged as poo poo, and very superficial lists of likes and dislikes. Jen obviously gave him the chance of a date because of his looks, since he had to reveal he was a cancer doctor for kids, and he had the same superficial reasons.

It reminds me of something Marilyn Monroe said once: that every guy after her wanted to be with the girl they saw in the big screen, and wanted to leave once they realized she wasn't like that all the time.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Speaking of She-Hulk superhero outfits ... inspired by the episode, I fed SD some prompts and let it do its thing.

Classic color scheme, can apparently also be considered :nws:

I also have a batch of ... slightly hornier ones, think "Clubwear/Swimsuit" levels of :nws:

BONK!

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 17, 2022

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

mcbexx posted:

Speaking of She-Hulk superhero outfits ... inspired by the episode, I fed SD some prompts and let it do its thing.

Classic color scheme

I also have a batch of ... slightly hornier ones, think "Clubwear/Swimsuit" levels of :nws:

BONK!

Other than the ones with the pubic bone window, not sure why the first set is considered SFW and the second set NSFW.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

can we leave the horny out of this thread kthx

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

kazil posted:

It's linked only and labeled as such. Don't click on it. It's a pretty easy choice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kazil posted:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

mcbexx posted:

It's linked only and labeled as such. Don't click on it. It's a pretty easy choice.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The current show we’re discussing is She-Hulk. Horny is a pre-requisite.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
She-Hulk wins her case due to several people being horny.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

pik_d posted:

She-Hulk wins her case due to several people being horny.

Given that she did so by calling her previous dates as witnesses, that was literally true.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you don't want to see my AI generated jerk off material, don't click on the link to it :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

mcbexx sharing their nude taynes with us