Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

padijun posted:

I just pulled aquila favonia from the standard banner and jesus christ, phys damage bonus? who uses this heap?

I use mine on Ayaka and Bennett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The anime won't be canon if it has Aether as the MC. :colbert:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

By the way, I don't think it was mentioned in here, but in 3.1 they're fixing a bug that's actually been hurting Tighnari, DTrav, and Hunter's Path- specifically, both characters and the weapon are bugged and don't register any external EM buffing right now, so their damage is actually lower than it's intended to be- which means Tighnari's gonna be even more nuts come 3.1 :toot:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Traveller posted:

The anime won't be canon if it has Aether as the MC. :colbert:

the special program for 3.1's ending points to Lumine as the Abyss twin :colbert:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like this art.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Excelzior posted:

the special program for 3.1's ending points to Lumine as the Abyss twin :colbert:

Boys drool

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I like that Liben was important enough to cameo in the first official group pic of all the known Archons

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Why won't any of my artifacts ever roll into crit rate :negative:

It's specifically crit rate, too! The thing I need most on Ayato! No problem rolling insane crit damage numbers but never ever crit rate

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 16, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Harrow posted:

Why won't any of my artifacts ever roll into crit rate :negative:

It's specifically crit rate, too! The thing I need most on Ayato! No problem rolling insane crit damage numbers but never ever crit rate

I've been saving yellow crit rate circlets, and elemental/EM goblets to fit in as 5th items, even if the actual set they belong to is not something I'd use. But yeah, crit rate seems like a hard one to go for and I've just been saying gently caress it and settling for atk a lot of the time.

But I also only started playing this year so maybe other people have saved up stuff from all their domain runs

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What's wild is that I'm rolling such insane crit damage numbers that at this point I probably could switch him from a crit damage to a crit rate circlet and still have like 180% crit damage. Like I just got a double crit gladiator feather that also has HP% on it, and it rolled every single roll into crit damage which, on the one hand, holy poo poo that's a lot of crit damage and I'm sure I'll want it someday on someone, but on the other hand, it isn't what I actually needed!! I have plenty of high crit damage artifacts but they don't do me any good if I'm not critting in the first place!!

Of course the other fun thing is that I never seem to get crit rate circlets so...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ufotable does a great job with the action scenes in demon slayer, interested in what the genshin anime fights are gonna look like.

The fight they gave us during the last Albedo event was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTiq1ClS4Uc

Edit: What the gently caress, Viktor's in Sumeru!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 16, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RareAcumen posted:

The fight they gave us during the last Albedo fight was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTiq1ClS4Uc

Edit: What the gently caress, Viktor's in Sumeru!
I still haven't done any sumeru commissions because I want to send Viktor there from Mondstadt first.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Amazing, I'm going to be missing out on Albedo for the fourth (fifth?) time.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained a Kokomi mere 34 rolls after Ganyu, and have therefore spent my luck for the year. I have made peace with the fact I will need to hit hard pity twice for Nahida.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

I still haven't done any sumeru commissions because I want to send Viktor there from Mondstadt first.

I wish I hadn't sent him because his commissions in Sumeru take up the "special" spot but don't have an achievement. Sending him didn't have one too, iirc.

Commission rng still sucks in Sumeru, surprising no one.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

It's 20 wishes just like last year, "anniversary twitter drama" is fake and forced.

Although day 1 players who are still missing a standard character they want are justified in feeling homicidal.

Only trolls and bad actor people really seem to be obsessed with the anniversary anyway. Its just an excuse to act out and harass people online.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really havent seen any drama or harassment this year tbh

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

i really havent seen any drama or harassment this year tbh

Well its not the day of the anniversary yet. Maybe they won't try to make it an annual tradition to cause havoc on Google Play though.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Is the 5 star pity timer shared across both weapons and characters? IE: rolling a weapon also resets the pity timer for characters

And are duplicate character rolls weighted the same as new ones?

I’m extremely stupid and unlucky because I felt like using some wishes before unlocking Barbara and Xiangling - on the very first wish I rolled Barbara. At least now I have an extra constellation unlocked on her but if it turns out duplicate characters are weighted lower than new ones I’m going to be very sad.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Leathal posted:

Is the 5 star pity timer shared across both weapons and characters? IE: rolling a weapon also resets the pity timer for characters

Yes, however the timer is different for each banner type. So rolling a 5* weapon on the standard banner will reset your 5* guarantee on the standard banner only, you'll still have the same progress on the event wish banner and on the event weapon banner.
And those guarantees still carry over when the banner changes, so for example if you rolled 70 times on Tighnari's event wish a week ago and then rolled 20 times on Ganyu's event wish today, you would get a guaranteed 5-star character (with 50% chance to be Ganyu).

You should generally only spend primogems on the event wish / intertwined fates and not on the standard banner.

quote:

And are duplicate character rolls weighted the same as new ones?

I’m extremely stupid and unlucky because I felt like using some wishes before unlocking Barbara and Xiangling - on the very first wish I rolled Barbara. At least now I have an extra constellation unlocked on her but if it turns out duplicate characters are weighted lower than new ones I’m going to be very sad.

The only difference between new and duplicate characters is the amount of starglitter you get. And you get that whether you get them through a wish or free from an event / abyss / etc.
Getting Barbara through a wish and then picking up the free one from the newbie event will give exactly the same results as picking up the free one first and then getting one from a wish. It doesn't change the chances at all.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The whole system is designed not to screw you in cases like that, and the standard banner in particular really wants you to just spend those blue wishes as soon as you get them and not worry about anything.

When it comes to primogems and event banners, that's where you start playing 5D chess and making multiple branching contingency plans for months in the future based on leaks and speculation.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Ok thanks, I think I get it now. So you don’t get 5 star weapons off the event banners and that’s how you can guarantee getting a specific character?

I’m just envisioning a future of nothing but Barbaras forever now so I want to make sure I don’t screw up on a 5 star.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1570955705217056770

hosed up my genshin's non-canon because i didn't pick the dude.

cute animation, though.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Hellioning posted:

I have obtained a Kokomi mere 34 rolls after Ganyu, and have therefore spent my luck for the year. I have made peace with the fact I will need to hit hard pity twice for Nahida.

Conversely, I have burned a hundred pulls on this Kokomi Banner with nothing to show for it but Jean and C6 Sucrose. :confuoot:

i think my dreams of kokomi/nahida dendro soup are just not meant to be

EDIT: In other news, I find myself in the odd position of desperately grinding artifacts because I'm about to hit the arti inventory cap and all my currently good artifacts are already maxed. This is a very weird position to be in, Good news, I thinking being AR50 means I can safely liquidate my hundreds of 3* artis now! :shepface:

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 17, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tree Reformat posted:

Conversely, I have burned a hundred pulls on this Kokomi Banner with nothing to show for it but Jean and C6 Sucrose. :confuoot:

i think my dreams of kokomi/nahida dendro soup are just not meant to be

EDIT: In other news, I find myself in the odd position of desperately grinding artifacts because I'm about to hit the arti inventory cap and all my currently good artifacts are already maxed. This is a very weird position to be in, Good news, I thinking being AR50 means I can safely liquidate my hundreds of 3* artis now! :shepface:

The gacha giveth and the gacha taketh away.

And yeah cannot relate I am at the point where I'm running artifact domains for random trash 1-4 stars to exp.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AG3 posted:

Sumeru is pretty great. The four-leaf sigil things that have you playing Spiderman felt kinda gimicky at first, but it did let them construct Sumeru with a ton of verticality without making traversal incredibly painful. I still think there's way too many of them in some places, but it certainly saves a lot of time.

I like the idea behind it as it shortcuts a lot of travel time that would just be floating into a valley then slowly climbing up again. The camera pointing requirement just needs to be a little bit more lenient and the ambiguity removed from L1+Square/R1 (why was this ever a thing?) to have it feel good. It's fine as long as I stop and visually prepare a route and remember the button scheme but if I just tried to do it naturally I'm always looking in the wrong direction or delay slightly too long and then lose my next grapple.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Leathal posted:

Ok thanks, I think I get it now. So you don’t get 5 star weapons off the event banners and that’s how you can guarantee getting a specific character?

There are two kinds of event banners (these are banners with countdowns on them), character and weapon. The character event banner CANNOT drop 5* weapons, and likewise the weapon event banner CANNOT drop 5* characters. 4* and 5* pity within each of these two types of banners is also separate. The non-event banner (standard) can drop both 5* characters and weapons, and has its own pity counters separate from event banners.

Each event banner has featured characters or weapons. If you want a specific 5* character (that's not on standard banner - just look it up first), wait until it's on an event banner and start burning those pulls. This is where the 50/50 and softpity become important.

TL;DR if you want 5* characters, pull on character banner(s), if you want 5* weapons, pull on the weapon banner. Don't spend any primos on bluefates for the standard banner, just buy out the stardust shop each month when it resets and spend the trickle of bluefates you get from battlepass/ar/character leveling freely.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leathal posted:

I’m just envisioning a future of nothing but Barbaras forever now so I want to make sure I don’t screw up on a 5 star.

Oh you'll be fine, there're 25 4* characters on the Standard banner and 22 on the event ones for now, you're not gonna get Barbara and nothing but Barbara on that.

sushibandit posted:

There are two kinds of event banners (these are banners with countdowns on them), character and weapon. The character event banner CANNOT drop 5* weapons,

quote:

and likewise the weapon event banner CANNOT drop 5* characters.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 17, 2022

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Zenostein posted:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1570955705217056770

hosed up my genshin's non-canon because i didn't pick the dude.

cute animation, though.

Enjou is so wonderful

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

playable enjou when

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If I can choose between sucrose and Dori when crafting together character materials, which one should i pick. I know Dori's says she'll recover "some" materials 25% of the time, not sure why the language is so vague

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If I can choose between sucrose and Dori when crafting together character materials, which one should i pick. I know Dori's says she'll recover "some" materials 25% of the time, not sure why the language is so vague

The official numbers iirc are 25% chance to refund 1 of the materials used, which if you do the math means the 10% chance to double will on average get you slightly more bonus materials but the difference is very negligable

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If it's like the xinqiu/eula ones for books, I pick the refund one if I don't have an even number (i.e. 21/3 books, I'll pick eula, and if I have 22/3 I'll pick xingqiu). Feels like the double product skill is way less reliable than the refund. As for why it's so vague, maybe different tiers of materials have different requirements, so they can't just say "you'll get 1 back every time this goes off," while books are always just 3's. But that's just a guess, I don't have any numbers in front of me to see if the base whopperflower thing requires like 5 for the mid-tier and then 3 for the higher one or something.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Feels better to get the proc and go "hey, a bonus thing of a thing I was making" than to get to proc and go "hey, more low level trash that's not even enough to make the thing I'm making." IMO

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ah ok, yeah thats kind of along the lines of what I figured, thanks

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Clarste posted:

Feels better to get the proc and go "hey, a bonus thing of a thing I was making" than to get to proc and go "hey, more low level trash that's not even enough to make the thing I'm making." IMO

Yeah it's basically a 10% chance to get an additional three vs 25% chance to get one back. Sure it procs less but it's much more valuable.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's actually closer than that because when you get books of a lower tier you give Mona's ability a chance to proc again. It's something like 1.1 vs 1.09 in favor of Albedo.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, say you turned 300 of A material into 100 of B

300A -> 100B

Refund: 25A
Bonus: 10B

Refund lets you make another 8B with 1A left over, and another refund of 2A on average leaves exactly enough to make 1B

Refund total: 109B
Bonus total: 110B

It's a very slim difference, but I agree that bonuses feel a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Well that was lucky, time to save primogems for future banners where I'll get more Qiqi and Keqing constellations.