Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This indeed was not something I was thinking of. Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Following a detailed report, we had an internal conversation in the mod forum, the outcome of which means that there's now an IK vacancy for this thread. Since the previous process did cause more commotion than expected, I'm happy to gather more consensus for the consensus god this time around. It's still the mod preference for this thread to have an IK, and there are 2 ways that we could go about that, in my opinion:
  • I continue down the previous list of ranked nominations until someone hopefully agrees;
  • To make up for a dissatisfactory IRL election, we run an IK election in this thread. Something like tweet-length ballots, and two voting rounds (preferential + run-off).
There are other options like having someone fall onto the sword, or just throwing the sword at the “IK-slayer”, but I'm not considering these options seriously at this time.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 17, 2022

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Since having this thread effectively be a C-SPAM one seems to be off the table, why not someone like "V. Illych L."; I disagree with pretty much every post they make, but they're very active, and hostile to neither thread or D&D culture?

thotsky fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 17, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Peak scandinavia.

thotsky posted:

Since having this thread effectively be a C-SPAM one seems to be off the table, why not someone like "V. Illych L."; I disagree with pretty much every post they make, but they're very active, and hostile to neither thread or D&D culture?

Yeah why not let that weirdo have any power whatsoever.

Where is the loving nominasjonskomite? Who is writing the instilling? We need well-founded and reasoned nominations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

thotsky posted:

We are posting enemies, so that doesn't work for me.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Appoint a public inquiry committee and we can return to this issue in two years when the slutbetänkande is complete

also: lol

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 17, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Rigsretssag!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Order a SOU.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
What even do the thread stadgar say about this situation?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No idea why Cardiac is being replaced but if it’s because someone got upset that he made one gloating post after being subjected to endless trolling (and never replying in kind, instead just posting level headed bad takes) in this thread for years then lmao what a bitch move.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

This requires far-reaching reforms. Perhaps Timbro can weigh in on the issue?

Edit: ^ I found his gloating to be in very poor taste but I don't see why he'd be removed as IK for it. Though to be fair I don't know what an IK is or does.

Also, consistently posting bad takes, misconstruing facts and being generally obtuse feels more like trolling than level-headedness, but that's just my opinion.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 17, 2022

fnox
May 19, 2013

I mean I think having your two only actions as IK thus far be two probations aimed at yourself to be pretty compelling evidence that you don’t care much about the role.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Have there been other actions needed? What posts should have caused probations? This is a very low intensity thread

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

fnox posted:

I mean I think having your two only actions as IK thus far be two probations aimed at yourself to be pretty compelling evidence that you don’t care much about the role.

I realize that being a general fuddy-duddy is part of the Scandinavian ethos, but IKs and mods probing themselves is a pretty common occurrence. And it usually goes over better than joke-probing other users :banjo:

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

fnox posted:

There should probably be a minimum quota for the next Ik, to ensure they're not slacking off. Hand out 12 or more hours of probie per week, or get replaced by someone more diligent.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can the scandithread take such heavy-handed intervention? we have a liberal-conservative coalition afoot and therefore the thread should be guided by the invisible hand

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beeswax posted:

What posts should have caused probations?

All of them

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Sistergodiva posted:

https://www.eniro.se/ankarstr%C3%B6m/personer
Ping

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Löwenström

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
I don't really care who becomes IK, I mostly lurk anyway and whenever a fight breaks out I just get the popcorn.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Kamrat posted:

I don't really care who becomes IK, I mostly lurk anyway and whenever a fight breaks out I just get the popcorn.

Strong candidate statement

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Actually what about teen witch

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think she emphatically said no last time

edit: mind you, that is how you put yourself forward for the position in half the parties

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Surely we can't put another Swede in charge before we've given a Norwegian and a Dane a shot.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Dig up the mummified remains of Arashikage and put them on the throne

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Sep 17, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m deeply horrified that I’ve been nominated. Surely you don’t want an “imported problem” to have such control!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Nice piece of fish posted:

Peak scandinavia.

Yeah why not let that weirdo have any power whatsoever.

Where is the loving nominasjonskomite? Who is writing the instilling? We need well-founded and reasoned nominations.

Well, you do it then.

Teen Witch would also be a good choice, but she's busy elsewhere and not sure that she reads the thread.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm sure nobody will mind you constantly shouting about how all Swedes are horrible monsters but please spare us the details about your alcoholism problems, tyvm.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

thotsky posted:

Teen Witch would also be a good choice, but she's busy elsewhere and not sure that she reads the thread.

Oh I read the thread, kompis

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

teen witch posted:

I’m deeply horrified that I’ve been nominated. Surely you don’t want an “imported problem” to have such control!

I think being sick of our poo poo is the most important quality an IK can have.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beeswax posted:

I think she emphatically said no last time

edit: mind you, that is how you put yourself forward for the position in half the parties

Nope, she wasn’t offered the role since she has plenty on her plate already, and the plan definitely is to find someone else.

fnox posted:

Not really, you can be a great IK with 0 probations. The greatest even, perhaps. In the case of Cardiac, both self-probations were weak content, but the load-bearing part of the decision came on the account of the report making a clearly articulated case for their posts in recent weeks having a pattern that would’ve not reconciled to the D&D rules well, with receipts and all. No individual instances worth retroactive punishment, but the bar IKs are held to is distinctly above the one they’re allowed to hold other posters to.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 17, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

teen witch posted:

I'm a Canadian living in Copenhagen. I'm an import too. "Problem" I leave to others to judge.

Ed: just submitted biometrics for permanent residency after 5 years so I'm domesticating

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
You can't just vote an IK, this is Scandinavia thread! The new IK or IQ must claim to be heir to Cardiac, that's the only way.

Long live Cardiac II!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

I'm a Canadian living in Copenhagen. I'm an import too. "Problem" I leave to others to judge.

Ed: just submitted biometrics for permanent residency after 5 years so I'm domesticating
Like Teen Witch is the most Swedish, you are actually the most Danish, by virtue of choosing to live here.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

A Buttery Pastry posted:

choosing to live
That's decidedly un-Swedish tbh.

And for a moment I forgot that we have a monarchy and an actual idiot king.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 17, 2022

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

anatomi posted:

That's decidedly un-Swedish tbh.

And for a moment I forgot that we have a monarchy and an actual idiot king.

Idiot Knig.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I just like the thread since when I moved here I didn’t have a way to understand Swedish politics. And this is good English discussion of the mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

This reminds me of the constant nominations for ministers of justice during the Erna government.