Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Goddammit. I thought that button was "yes, I want all 4 handicaps, thank you."

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is there still a goon Idleon guild, and are the benefits of being in a guild worth it?
I'm not sure but I would also be interested in joining/forming one. The benefits are pretty substantial for a high-leveled guild, with things like extra carrying capacity being particularly helpful in the early game for getting past various gear tiers/crafting gates.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
There is one, it used to be in the top 5 guilds and then I burned out on the game hard-core and nobody could/wanted to actually take over

I'm on a new phone now so I'd have to look into restoring my account, but if someone wanted to pick up the reigns I could probably spend some time getting that done

Guild name is pizza is free, for the record

The benefits to being in a high ranked guild are ridiculous, so yes it's definitely worth it

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Whoops, quote is not edit

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

postmodifier posted:

There is one, it used to be in the top 5 guilds and then I burned out on the game hard-core and nobody could/wanted to actually take over

I'm on a new phone now so I'd have to look into restoring my account, but if someone wanted to pick up the reigns I could probably spend some time getting that done

Guild name is pizza is free, for the record

The benefits to being in a high ranked guild are ridiculous, so yes it's definitely worth it

I'm happy to if it's just doling out invites and picking weekly research

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

A month late to the party, but I'm finally on the Idle Research train :toot:

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Giant Octopus posted:

I'm happy to if it's just doling out invites and picking weekly research

Happy to have you, I just cleared the queue so apply to 'pizza is free' and let me know your name so I can give you privileges

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Xtanstic posted:

A month late to the party, but I'm finally on the Idle Research train :toot:

In 2 weeks you'll be sitting in the last car with me, straw in your mouth lazing about until we pick up some new updates

is a fun game

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

postmodifier posted:

Happy to have you, I just cleared the queue so apply to 'pizza is free' and let me know your name so I can give you privileges

Sent a request from torhorse

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Really Grass Cutting Incremental is fun but wow does it run like hot butthole.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Is that a good or bad thing?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Apparently, the cost for buying multiple upgrades at once isn't cumulative? Like if the 25th level costs 80k grass and you're on level 20, you can either save up 80k and get to level 25 immediately or you can pay 20k for level 21, 30k for level 22, etc. in single steps.
That also means the "buy 1" button is just there to troll you and "buy max" means "buy the highest level you can go to at once"

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 17, 2022

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Automation being hidden off to the left is weirdly mean.

That said, it did make me look around the various (mostly empty) screens and I am very curious about that Rocket Fuel refinery now and if it even exist for real yet or not.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Do NOT click on the white ??? challenges, they'll reset your crystal upgrades and perks. That just lost me a good several hours.

eta: lol it reset all the other challenges too, basically it full reset me except I kept the automation and platinum purchases. Yeah nevermind this.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 17, 2022

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I must be missing an upgrade right at the start, I need level 30 to get prestige and at level 21 I need 250k XP with 180 XP per cut
I'd buy more XP upgrades but I only make 1280 grass a cut with 1 grass growing a second
Fake edit: Oh my loving god I didn't notice that one screen down is another set of upgrades, I thought it just disables the main screen and shows you the regular grass upgrades

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Got to the lv100 reset and yeah this is absolutely not worth continuing. It is close to being so bad it wraps around to being good though which is impressive.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Lotus Aura posted:

Automation being hidden off to the left is weirdly mean.

That said, it did make me look around the various (mostly empty) screens and I am very curious about that Rocket Fuel refinery now and if it even exist for real yet or not.

Really kind of hiding that there are other pages by putting other tabs on the bottom of the page and not labeling them.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Jhet posted:

Really kind of hiding that there are other pages by putting other tabs on the bottom of the page and not labeling them.

This is maybe the absolute worst UI I've ever seen in an idle game. It makes old flash games like Anti-idle seem well laid out in comparison.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Falcon2001 posted:

This is maybe the absolute worst UI I've ever seen in an idle game. It makes old flash games like Anti-idle seem well laid out in comparison.

It feels like it's been designed for a mobile device and you should be able to swipe to the different screens. But yeah, it's really bad with the layout. I'm not sure I'd bother to consider which is the worst ever, but it's very much in that group.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Jhet posted:

It feels like it's been designed for a mobile device and you should be able to swipe to the different screens. But yeah, it's really bad with the layout. I'm not sure I'd bother to consider which is the worst ever, but it's very much in that group.

It definitely was not designed for mobile.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 18, 2022

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

you guys are not kidding with this one

is like a minigame inside the game.

you go down and then you go right, and you find a refinery!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

GrossMurpel posted:

Apparently, the cost for buying multiple upgrades at once isn't cumulative? Like if the 25th level costs 80k grass and you're on level 20, you can either save up 80k and get to level 25 immediately or you can pay 20k for level 21, 30k for level 22, etc. in single steps.
That also means the "buy 1" button is just there to troll you and "buy max" means "buy the highest level you can go to at once"

Had to read this like five times to realize what you meant, because god drat

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It is absurdly bad but the promises of the empty screens are making me still play it. No I am not going to seek help.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I've got all the screens unlocked on that one and let me tell you, if you're not enjoying the gameplay where you're at now, just stop, it's not gonna get deeper

Just new resources and new boosts to old resources

Eventually you unlock the ability to get 'anti-grass' which works the same way but it's just a matter of flipping back and forth between production modes for resets, it doesn't even unlock new Challenges

I kinda like the game, but it's an inch deep at most IMHO

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
It’s good for about 6 hours of play, which isn’t really a problem. I’ll play it for a couple days off and on and be done.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Giant Octopus posted:

Sent a request from torhorse

Added you and gave you leadership privileges, but it came up as Grombor instead of torhorse, sometimes the account system is weird about what your display name shows up as so if that's not you let me know?

iOS update for legends of idleon came out today, by the way, so if you've been waiting the last like three years for thar to happen, it finally did and there's an apple exclusive event attached to it

Have fun, I might play a bit more now that I've got it back on my device but probably not until the next major content update

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

postmodifier posted:

Added you and gave you leadership privileges, but it came up as Grombor instead of torhorse, sometimes the account system is weird about what your display name shows up as so if that's not you let me know?

iOS update for legends of idleon came out today, by the way, so if you've been waiting the last like three years for thar to happen, it finally did and there's an apple exclusive event attached to it

Have fun, I might play a bit more now that I've got it back on my device but probably not until the next major content update

I'm Grombor, something happened yesterday and I was no longer in the guild, so that was me reapplying.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Lucky Guy posted:

I'm Grombor, something happened yesterday and I was no longer in the guild, so that was me reapplying.

Even years on, the guild system recruitment is stupid as hell and if you're not online when I accept it fizzles out, I had to send a manual request on my end

It worked, you're set, have fun

I cleaned house and cut us from like 125 members to 19 so go wild, spend whatever you want on whatever, we're pretty maxed out already

I'm increasingly getting the itch back so I'll check in, if you or anyone getting into it for the first time have questions let me know

Edit: didn't read usernames, so I guess grombor is also in charge now, if torhorse shows up they can be co-leader, plus whoever else wants to be one

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 18, 2022

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
How do I join? My main is "Zinf ZT".

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

How do I join? My main is "Zinf ZT".

Sent you an invite, if it doesn't show up on your end just apply to "pizza is free"

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

postmodifier posted:

Sent you an invite, if it doesn't show up on your end just apply to "pizza is free"

I didn't get it so I sent a join request. I hope that's enough.

e: Got in, thanks. Also apparently there's an event that crosses over with the Steam version of Idle Skilling now but you're basically starting a fresh save if you played on a previous mobile device, which blows. Also the pachinko arcade isn't working on Steam for some reason?

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 18, 2022

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Has anyone played Idle Skilling on steam? it keeps popping up under new releases for me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm trying to get into idleon after not playing it in a long time and it's rough to come back to.

FrickenMoron posted:

Has anyone played Idle Skilling on steam? it keeps popping up under new releases for me.

This is actually the game that the Idleon dev made before Idleon. It's been on mobile for a while but it's new to Steam. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think he's got a neat style and the mechanics were engaging. Probably why I was so disappointed by Idleon tbh.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 18, 2022

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

postmodifier posted:

Even years on, the guild system recruitment is stupid as hell and if you're not online when I accept it fizzles out, I had to send a manual request on my end

It worked, you're set, have fun

I cleaned house and cut us from like 125 members to 19 so go wild, spend whatever you want on whatever, we're pretty maxed out already

I'm increasingly getting the itch back so I'll check in, if you or anyone getting into it for the first time have questions let me know

Edit: didn't read usernames, so I guess grombor is also in charge now, if torhorse shows up they can be co-leader, plus whoever else wants to be one

I was cut too, even though I've been active in the game all the way until now. Sent a request so re-add me.

I was WayJose before, but it might be requested under my JiminyKrik character, not sure what it'll show as.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Idle Research:

Man this is so fun this is like the my early NGU days. Lots of paradigm shifts and each layer accelerates the previous layer. The numbers are tweaked such that usually when I go to bed, when I wake up I have a big slingshot forward. Things are going great and fast and I just unlocked tubes.

Figured it was going so fast compared to NGU because no adventure mode, but adventure mode was hidden in the tubes layer haha

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

Lucky Guy posted:

I just got in as well (torhorse). If you want another guild admin to help manage it, feel free to set me as one, mostly I'm just happy to be in a guild.

I've got idle Skilling running on steam in the background for the crossover rewards. It's neat and I definitely see the influences between the two games. Skilling is a lot closer to "traditional" idle games, but I'm enjoying both.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Giant Octopus posted:

I just got in as well (torhorse). If you want another guild admin to help manage it, feel free to set me as one, mostly I'm just happy to be in a guild.

Set you up with privs, sorry to anyone who was active and got purged when I went through the roster, there's very little information on the admin side about activity so I just picked an arbitrary GP contribution point and figured anyone below that wasn't really playing anymore

Reapply though and you're right back in, I found out another character slot got unlocked so that hooked me in, I'll be playing for a bit

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I was thinking of trying Legends of Idleon since (I’m pretty sure) I can xplay the same account from Steam on my desktop/laptop as well as my iPad. I created a character but had to log off pretty quick at the newbie entrance…is there any certain way to join Goons in this game? I don’t quite understand the different, idk-server names?

I would rather not have a lot of hours sunk and having to join a different server with y’all, but am not sure if that’s how this game works. My name in game is Derek Smart!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

DerekSmartymans posted:

I was thinking of trying Legends of Idleon since (I’m pretty sure) I can xplay the same account from Steam on my desktop/laptop as well as my iPad. I created a character but had to log off pretty quick at the newbie entrance…is there any certain way to join Goons in this game? I don’t quite understand the different, idk-server names?

I would rather not have a lot of hours sunk and having to join a different server with y’all, but am not sure if that’s how this game works. My name in game is Derek Smart!

You can switch between servers at will, and guild membership isn’t dependent on what server you are on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

DerekSmartymans posted:

I know steam/android are cloud-save compatible and I'm 90% sure iOS is as well, so you may not need to xplay