Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Got a makeover and the Teq crowd proved to be as charming as ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the jade bot upgrades being character specific hurts

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Saki posted:

So the barrier is that I'm on the EU servers, not Maguuma specifically? Can any EU goons tell me how bad the latency is connecting to NA servers? I'm based in the UK fwiw.

100-150 from London. It's just about noticable but not an issue at all for most gameplay, though admittedly I've never raided and my PvP ability is middling so I dont know how well it functions if you're pushing yourself.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I'm in Australia and could raid just fine with 300ms ping. You'll be fine.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, it's fine

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

CODChimera posted:

It’s a very weird design decision given how much the game (and gaming in general) has moved toward account-based mechanics.

Having to go to a work bench to swap stuff out is also very weird. Just let me do it out of combat like literally everything else in the game.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

CODChimera posted:

Definitely more of a pain in the rear end than swapping gathering tools, but at least they're account bound and not character bound.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

There is a balance livestream happening right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWxA23RdQA

I didn't see a lot. Just had some specter nerfs.

e: should say changes because I saw what looked like a buff to WoB too. Hard to say since I'm pretty new.

e2: something has got scrapper players riled up. Looks like a few guardian nerfs.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 16, 2022

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

whydirt posted:

Having to go to a work bench to swap stuff out is also very weird. Just let me do it out of combat like literally everything else in the game.

If I had to guess, it was originally menu based, but it was decided that EoD didn’t have enough world interaction/presence. So they opted to drop crafting stations everywhere it reminds folks the expansion exists

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Vindicator is getting second dodge back. Not sure how I feel about that.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Mr. Neutron posted:

a double jump?!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Mr. Neutron posted:

If (big if) they don't adjust any of the traits but give us a second dodge I think it will be extremely good. Vassals of the Empire especially, it will effectively pump out twice as many boons now and give a ton more duration lol

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Now give Mirage its second dodge back in WvW/PvP.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MajorBonnet posted:

Now give Mirage its second dodge back in WvW/PvP.

From the stream they said they're gonna, it just has more stuff they need to be careful about

The new Vindicator jumps are also faster at 0.8s, it looked really fun.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Having a hard time teasing out what’s all game modes vs pvp only, is double vindi dodge all modes?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The patch notes preview labels everything a bit more clearly. Vindicator jump change is for all modes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Now gimme a trait that makes you hang in the air for 10 seconds.

Vindicator pacifist run.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Now gimme a trait that makes you hang in the air for 10 seconds.

Vindicator pacifist run.

stay in the air for as long as you hold down the dodge button imo

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Aw, they unintentionally destroyed the rifle blade sworn build. RIP the only vaguely fun way to use rifle on warrior.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

e2: something has got scrapper players riled up. Looks like a few guardian nerfs.

scrapper is a super mobile build because of superspeed and part of that is moving around with your gyros

but they're changing them to ground targeted instead of following your character. it sucks they'll probably revert it (i hope)

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted:

Aw, they unintentionally destroyed the rifle blade sworn build. RIP the only vaguely fun way to use rifle on warrior.

For a brief moment there there was a Shout based heal Bladesworn build. Likely also dead with this patch.

I realized that there nothing in the patch preview on PvP/WvW maps, objectives or rewards structure. Especially WvW is very slim on the rewards for regular play. Little to no gold or materials/currencies that can be turned into gold. Stuff like Emblem of the Avenger is still awarded by infinite achievements, despite having zero use ingame anymore. And there are quasi-dead game modes like Edge of the Mists for WvW and anything but Conquest for PvP. Would be nice if they look into those again in the future. Not even from a balance perspective, but to give people a reason or two to check it out like minor rewards on the path to ascendeds and legendaries or the occasional daily achievement similar to the ones routing players into the activities like crab toss.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

where the red fern gropes posted:

scrapper is a super mobile build because of superspeed and part of that is moving around with your gyros

but they're changing them to ground targeted instead of following your character. it sucks they'll probably revert it (i hope)

Gyro change seems to be the number one criticized one atm. Let's see if they go live with it.

Personally, I didn't see the build overperforming in WvW. Our comms still want Boonbrands in every subgroup, so they outnumbered Scrappers at least 3 to 1. Also rarely heard anybody requesting for people to or offering to switch to Scrapper. But then again our realm has been at the bottom of EU for a while now, so that entire experience may be unrepresentative.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

They cut specter's shade form HP by more than half. Ouch. I guess it was dominating PvP or something because I don't see many more of them around much in PvE and WvW.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

drat Dirty Ape posted:

They cut specter's shade form HP by more than half. Ouch. I guess it was dominating PvP or something because I don't see many more of them around much in PvE and WvW.

They're currently super good in high end spvp if you can play them well. I do not play it well and find it a crapshoot if I’m going to be a strong utility presence or just get obliterated, but that’s probably a function of my general ineptitude.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Just hit 80 thief, been playing a lot as the rifle spec in PvP and it's hilariously fun. I really wanna do that in PvE too. However, checking the meta websites like this one, https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Deadeye_-_Rifle_Deadeye , I only see the pink gear and I've no idea how to get that. Any website or guide I can use to get an overlook of a complete starter set?

kzmn
Dec 11, 2006

Stalins Moustache posted:

Just hit 80 thief, been playing a lot as the rifle spec in PvP and it's hilariously fun. I really wanna do that in PvE too. However, checking the meta websites like this one, https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Deadeye_-_Rifle_Deadeye , I only see the pink gear and I've no idea how to get that. Any website or guide I can use to get an overlook of a complete starter set?

The pink gear is ascended gear and is all account bound so you have to craft it/get it from end game content. The Tanetris Guide should help you get started on where to look.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Also you don’t need ascended gear unless you’re doing high-end fractals.

Exotic tier (dark orange border) is perfectly acceptable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah I'm in the ascended tier now and it certainly is nice but I wasn't struggling to exotics.

While Legendary is the ultimate convenience, Ascended affords you a certain amount of breathing room.
I used to be intimidated by crafting pink items but once I got in to the groove, it really wasn't that bad. Just a couple things to make each day and a fair chunk of gold to spend.

Nice thing is that once you're kitted out, you can keep making components and sell them for a decent lump of gold.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Stalins Moustache posted:

For an up to date TL;DR: version, use this as a starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7GzKAzRZsI

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

kzmn posted:

The pink gear is ascended gear and is all account bound so you have to craft it/get it from end game content. The Tanetris Guide should help you get started on where to look.

Thanks a ton for this, I didn't know we could stat swap all weapons and armor .

That useless Mathilde war chest I got from wvw just became my first ascended weapon. Now I'm just racked with indecision on what weapon for which char.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

for weapons you can do the specialization achievements for each elite spec and dragonstorm is def worth doing once per day for the chance of ascended weapons. dragonstorm in general has pretty insane rewards for 15mins of time, and after that you can spend another 15mins on drakkar for another shot

for trinkets LS3 is pretty good esp now with the Return achievements to give more map currency, and mounts to navigate easier

armour is the annoying one. most of mine I got from WvW including one legendary set, which is amazingly helpful. i kinda just want to have everything legendary

Kris xK posted:

Thanks a ton for this, I didn't know we could stat swap all weapons and armor .

That useless Mathilde war chest I got from wvw just became my first ascended weapon. Now I'm just racked with indecision on what weapon for which char.

if it helps, ascended gear is account bound so you can swap stuff around characters.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is there a good way to get dungeon currency besides WvW reward tracks and trying to put together dungeon LFG groups? Like, is there an easily soloable dungeon or something? I have never done GW2 dungeons but I need currency for some runes.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You can get dungeon gear from SPvP, alongside a shitload of transmutation charges. Who knows? You might have fun! (Look up a good build to make it easier)

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

jokes posted:

You can get dungeon gear from SPvP, alongside a shitload of transmutation charges. Who knows? You might have fun! (Look up a good build to make it easier)

My experience with WoW and other MMOs says that I usually kind of hate scenario PvP but maybe if the rewards are good enough I can be somebody's punching bag.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

CODChimera posted:

if it helps, ascended gear is account bound so you can swap stuff around characters.

I'm going to make the inefficient choice and make a rifle for my engineer.

I know it's off meta and probably a waste but I've still got most of the personal/living world/pof/EOD solo stuff to do and I fully expect mech to carry my rear end through it like it did in hot.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Rifle mechanist is probably the furthest thing from off-meta right now, haha. It's really good for almost everything!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

ptroll posted:

Rifle mechanist is probably the furthest thing from off-meta right now, haha. It's really good for almost everything!

Yeah I hadn't finished my coffee so I was talking nonsense. I was trying to say there's an absolute glut of rifle mechs so getting into raid/dungeon spaces is harder as opposed to going scrapper or a completely different profession.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well lucky for you, rifle Scrapper is also good!!!!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Inzombiac posted:

Well lucky for you, rifle Scrapper is also good!!!!

Do you have any good builds for that? I'd wanted to try it but I'm not good at coming up with things for scrapper and all I see is hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

CODChimera posted:

Holy poo poo I thought ascended gear turned soul bound when you equipped it. This is so helpful, because I have all my ascended gear on my ranger, but it is my least favorite of the medium armor classes now that I've tried the other two.