Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

madeintaipei posted:

PICK ONE, MOTHERFUCKER! YOU ONLY GET ONE!*

*exceptions made for national heros, like MLK Jr., Lincoln, or Washington (for the US)

He also gets a Fort and another city in Washington State!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/UnseenJapanSite/status/1570816137746874369?t=VNoayBgXPG9WJGfVnB40cg&s=19

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Platystemon posted:

They’re both named for a dude.

Why doesn’t the Columbia River flow through the city of Columbia in the country of Colombia?

And let me tell you, they're nowhere near the district either!

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Platystemon posted:

They’re both named for a dude.

Why doesn’t the Columbia River flow through the city of Columbia in the country of Colombia?

Is this like one of those riddles of the sphinx?

Is there a British Colombia?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

"Japan is my right-wing paradise" is sadly a common thought among righter-wing weebs.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Neito posted:

righter-wing weebs.

You've invented a new tongue twister

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/wifeguyfieri/status/1570602866074882048

E:

https://twitter.com/gun_toucher/status/1389171100790185988

Mr.Radar has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Sep 17, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Heath posted:

You've invented a new tongue twister

Try "righter wing weeb ring" for a challenge.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I can’t decide what’s sillier, the electric fry cutter or the sword.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

holy gently caress I lost it at the special culinary sword

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Sweet Potato guy has absolutely gotta be playing dumb to drive engagement in the comments. I refuse to live in the alternative world.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Whether or not this particular instance is just the guy acting, I actually love stuff like this. People who've just never encountered a common thing and are stunned by it. Not only has he never heard of a sweet potato, it's blowing his mind. This is pure, wholesome entertainment.
I'm setting myself up to get milkshake ducked or something but it made me smile at least.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

That beard+hat combo is like the milkshake duck wore a swastika armband (wingband?) the entire time.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Honestly considering the fact that so much of this thread is just bigots being awful, seeing this kind of silly nonsense is fun.

Like say what you want about the guy who didn't understand how islands work, he didn't just scream "fake news!" he actually listened to his chat and was trying his best to piece it together.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
almost every single fast food place has or has had sweet potato fries at some point that has to be a bad bit

e: although actually now I remember a time a woman working the checkout at the grocery store didn't know what a cabbage was and was looking at it like it was an alien

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

the exploratory prowess of cpt. vancouver amerigo "east" west-columbia has been ruinous for geography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ya8Jx577o

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

gbut posted:

That beard+hat combo is like the milkshake duck wore a swastika armband (wingband?) the entire time.

There's a 0% chance of that guy not driving a lifted truck with a punisher logo sticker on the back window

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

I think calling them microaggressions was a mistake when we already have a perfectly good way to describe racists and their behaviour.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

pretty sure both of these are bits, also lol at the guy that thinks the you only need to dig like 5 miles down to reach other places.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Youve got to remember these are people who make thier living entertaining people on the internet.

These are people of the age of technology and innovation.

They have never known not being online...

Yknow...

Morons...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Also he was homeschooled, so that tracks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I kinda like that guy, he went to find out about it when he realised he was wrong. "Do I think islands float? ...maybe?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tim is famously dumb. It's endearing really.q

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vib Rib posted:

Also he was homeschooled, so that tracks.

I was about to say this. Streamers are generally a combo of homeschooled, socially inept, terrified of the outside world, unable to hold down a job, and some sort of brain problems.

And so, so, SO many of them still live with their parents, and aren't planning to change that. I mean, the successful ones buy a house, but keep their parents there, so they can say they aren't living with their parents, their "parents are living with them, so it's totally different". There's one streamer in particular I know who had his custom dream house built, then has his parents living in the main floor bulk of the house, and they chose to live in the basement with a hot-plate and an air-fryer.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yeah, maybe its because I work in education but... I'm usually not going to knock someone for being honestly ignorant of a fact that I know. Sometimes people just dont encounter certain facts, or never think about it, or misunderstood the explanation when they were a kid and just havent thought about that childish misapprehension in 20 years. And sure he could have googled it, but why would he? He thought he knew how this worked, and you dont usually google things you already know. Theres a difference between stupid and un- or under- educated. (or just not knowing something). Its all about how what you do next when you realise you dont know something or that one of the things you thought you knew is wrong.

Sweet potato guy could be faking, but he really could be genuine, I've known people in their 30s who just hadnt ever encountered foods that I consider really common. Not just hadnt tried them, literally had never encountered them. But he is definitely playing it up for engagement even if it is genuine. If you buy a thing you've never heard of before you could search it up to find out more, but you get a lot more comments if you just ask people to tell you about it instead, and the algorithm loves videos that are getting interactions. Of that I yam sure.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was about to say this. Streamers are generally a combo of homeschooled, socially inept, terrified of the outside world, unable to hold down a job, and some sort of brain problems.

And so, so, SO many of them still live with their parents, and aren't planning to change that. I mean, the successful ones buy a house, but keep their parents there, so they can say they aren't living with their parents, their "parents are living with them, so it's totally different". There's one streamer in particular I know who had his custom dream house built, then has his parents living in the main floor bulk of the house, and they chose to live in the basement with a hot-plate and an air-fryer.

Sounds like they're living their best life. :shrug:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
That's a longer video of that Tim fella than what I've previously seen, I've not seen his artwork before lol.

I don't believe the sweet potato guy. Take that, guy.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Sweet Potato guy has absolutely gotta be playing dumb to drive engagement in the comments. I refuse to live in the alternative world.

You think a guy who owns swords is a big fan of vegetables?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

drat bro imagine providing a nice home for your family

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Saagonsa posted:

drat bro imagine providing a nice home for your family

And actually wanting to be around them too? Wild

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Cernunnos posted:

Sounds like they're living their best life. :shrug:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

grittyreboot posted:

You think a guy who owns swords is a big fan of vegetables?

How else you gonna chop carrots, bruh?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

PhazonLink posted:

pretty sure both of these are bits, also lol at the guy that thinks the you only need to dig like 5 miles down to reach other places.

I know someone who is generally very intelligent who revealed a similar theory to me once when we were talking. Like innocently asking how people in Florida knew how deep they could dig before they hit the ocean. “The water table?” “No, the ocean.” So I explained that Florida wasn’t just hanging out over the Atlantic like a land shelf and that Hawaii wasn’t floating. Like, basic things that they skipped learning about in school and hadn’t really thought about. I’m ignorant about some things, I can’t be too judgmental.

They came around pretty quickly and it’s kind of an in-joke to say “oh, I’m no longer bothered by that. It’s water under Hawaii.”

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought Hawaii was floating until today. Like, not everywhere else, I know about the crust of the earth, but I thought I remembered learning that it was floating and shifted around a bit cause it was cooled lava from an undersea volcano. Turns out nah the lava sank and piled up so they are still anchored to the ocean floor

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Technically all land is floating on lava

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lmfao

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

grittyreboot posted:

Technically all land is floating on lava

And Hawaii is shifting a bit do to that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you mean floating on magma.

also yeah knowpools/bases are weird, just to turn this around to yourself, there's facts that 99.9+% other people know as a "common" fact and you dont know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
When lava flows under the sea’s surface,