Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Tamba posted:

Maybe King Gaucelin just did not know that you were a baby and your councilor just told him?
Pictured baby is King Gaucelin. I'm the bearded dude in lower left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Ooops, I completely misread that. Shows that I haven't played the game in a long time.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
It's almost 1300. Minsk is one of the most developed cities in the world, on par with Rome, Constantinople, and Cordoba. The Russian Empire stretches from Poland to Siberia, and spans the land between White and Black Seas. My court is second only to that of Izbaniya's, and the Krivichi house is known to all. I defeated the Mongol invasions, and the reformed Slovanskian religion is nearly as omnipresent as Catholicism.

Naturally, this is my house rival:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Softface posted:

Naturally, this is my house rival:

lol that you are using the singular, you probably have at least ten at that size, you have certainly stepped on a ton of necks to get there

feels like an easy fix would be for houses/dynasties to be less likely to START feuds based on, say, the difference between either (both?) title tiers or dynasty splendor tiers of the two house heads

actually let me see where this is decided and whether I can mod it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dallan Invictus posted:

lol that you are using the singular, you probably have at least ten at that size, you have certainly stepped on a ton of necks to get there

feels like an easy fix would be for houses/dynasties to be less likely to START feuds based on, say, the difference between either (both?) title tiers or dynasty splendor tiers of the two house heads

actually let me see where this is decided and whether I can mod it
I really feel like there needs to be a hard limit, or at least for the event that repeatedly gives you stress until you acknowledge a rivalry to not fire past a certain title/splendor threshold.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I had a longtime single guy get bugged to get married (he had heirs) and someone suggested to him a woman who said she'd only marry someone who could beat her in a duel. She was strong, athletic, and mad. He won, so now he's got a new wife.

I didn't really PLAN on getting him remarried because he was crushed after his first wife died, but... well hell, it sounded like a good time!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Finally giving this game a shot after having a PC it can run on, playing as the O'Brians (after the tutorial). I feel like I'm doing better than in CK2, but also it's... easier? In the sense that it makes more sense, it's more orderly.

And you still get the weird "Oh yeah the Queen of Jerusalem is now Irish, cool" stuff (I might play as her after this run continues a bit, it seems like a grand time)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Serperoth posted:

Finally giving this game a shot after having a PC it can run on, playing as the O'Brians (after the tutorial). I feel like I'm doing better than in CK2, but also it's... easier?

It is. Is easier to stay alive and the AI is less aggressive (o at least used to be, didint play after the last patch). Also MaA are very easy to exploit and get OP

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
I'd say it's easier to survive because there's less random BS and the states are more stable in general. It's hard to completely lose the game because it might only come out of a very unlucky succession blunder or holy war conquest. Otherwise, you might lose your kingdom/empire but still be a duke. They also rebalanced the game in such a way that kingdom borders change less often than dynasties ruling over the kingdoms so that there's a lesser tie from a dynasty to a specific kingdom compared to CK2. Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

It is. Is easier to stay alive and the AI is less aggressive (o at least used to be, didint play after the last patch). Also MaA are very easy to exploit and get OP

I used retinues heavily in CK2, really disliked the way levies worked there, and I really appreciate having men at arms in 3. Trying not to be too cheesy with it, just a generally sorta-balanced (some skirmishers, some siege weapons), but I did make sure to throw some archers in when I found out they're good

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I like them too but its a system that really needs some rebalancing

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

My Chancellor's been spending his time sassing babies.

A diplomatic incident when your chancellor took his nose.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Another hotfix came out today, of relevance for some recent discussions here

quote:

Added explanation of score tooltip when ending a Feud
Feuds can now only be started against Houses with at least 5 adult members and with Heads within one title tier of your own
Added 25 year cooldown between Feuds
Reduced frequency of Feud start events
Added explanation of Feud reward modifiers to encyclopedia entry
Fixed Feuds starting from murders where the murderer is still a secret

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-update-1-7-1-release.1542515/

So if you're an Emperor you should only get feuds with houses that are at least led by a king and so on. Good change.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Thanks, that actually sounds like a pretty genius way to do it. A bit too gamey for me though--I think I'll just wait for it to cycle back again or else do the Status Quo ending since I haven't got that one yet either. And even before the gameyness, I'm not really in a position to consolidate my vassals to that degree yet because I haven't subdued the rest of the independent dukes in the first place.

I regret trying to wrest away Galicia from Hermenexildo's great-great-grandson (he's still independent below the de jure area). I wish I'd let him stay independent, maybe help him grow for the rest of the west coast. Now I'll have to do it myself and release him later.

And vassal view:

So frustrating staring at Fernando’s non-diplomacy focused stats. If he were diplo focused I probably could have clinched Détente despite his lack of kids. I took Status Quo and became the Navarrese Empire sharing the exact same de jure borders as the kingdom. Blah. At least the holidaying in Iberia achievement fired at the same time.

For my next trick I’ll try to avenge the battle of tours after a detente ending. Haven’t played Muslim in a very long time.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

SlothBear posted:

Another hotfix came out today, of relevance for some recent discussions here

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-update-1-7-1-release.1542515/

So if you're an Emperor you should only get feuds with houses that are at least led by a king and so on. Good change.
Yeah, that's much better.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
lol I'd already coded the splendor-based idea and before I even got to playtest it Paradox issue a promising hotfix, real post-vacation energy

the good poo poo

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Oh no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I decided to see what happens if you play a feud out all the way. I have no idea who Dobronega was or why she was killed, but it's not like I have anything I absolutely have to take care of at this point, so I can afford to murder randos as much as I please:

I'm pretty sure "Capable House" is a big bonus to Dread and Hostile Schemes, though I don't remember exactly what.

Within the same ruler's life, the pope decided to call for a crusade in Hungary:

I'm honestly surprised by the fact the AI did this at all, and by the balance of forces, since I've put off several crusades against Catholic nations because I was sure I'd lose.

The AI still can't handle crusades very well though, and I'm able to give up ground for time to hold them off.

Maybe focus on Jerusalem next time, losers!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I was going to say that I couldn't imagine taking the time to wipe out an entire house, but then I remembered my first ever game of CK2, where I wiped out the Jimenez line, and realized, "oh wait, I have felt that spiteful, and have actually wiped out a rather large house before."

So... Huh. Carry on.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Veryslightlymad posted:

I was going to say that I couldn't imagine taking the time to wipe out an entire house, but then I remembered my first ever game of CK2, where I wiped out the Jimenez line, and realized, "oh wait, I have felt that spiteful, and have actually wiped out a rather large house before."

So... Huh. Carry on.

Wiping out entire houses was a regular occurrence if you were playing as a merchant republic in CK2 since it was often the most efficient way to get more trade posts.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Wiping out entire houses was a regular occurrence if you were playing as a merchant republic in CK2 since it was often the most efficient way to get more trade posts.

Oh, sure. That almost doesn't count though. (Plus like, 90% of the time, the new house that forms takes the same name, so it's hard to even notice.)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Veryslightlymad posted:

So... Huh. Carry on.

I made it a point to wipe out every last Abbasid every time I played an Umayyad game.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so short of console commanding it every time is there a way to ensure if i'm a lunatic and possessed and so is my wife all my kids are? I thought if both parents had congenital traits they automatically got inherited. I want to see what whacky stuff i can have happen

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Has anyone got any tips/pointers/guides for Saga in Stone?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Torrannor posted:

I made it a point to wipe out every last Abbasid every time I played an Umayyad game.

It'd be cool if there was some sort of dynastic claim system. Like... if you kick a dynasty off a throne you can usually jsut wait a generation or two for all their claims to disappear but I think it'd be interesting if game systems incentivized you to either destroy houses that had claims on your stuff or intermarry to nullify their claims or something.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My Spymaster got replaced by some other guy with half his Intrigue, without any other changes, and I couldn't fire the guy (not even taking a money/prestige hit) for something like 25 years. All I got was a notification, but is it an event on the Spymaster's side, a scheme, or?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Serperoth posted:

My Spymaster got replaced by some other guy with half his Intrigue, without any other changes, and I couldn't fire the guy (not even taking a money/prestige hit) for something like 25 years. All I got was a notification, but is it an event on the Spymaster's side, a scheme, or?

Sounds like they cashed in a hook on you. If that’s what happened it does come with a notification event I think.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Serperoth posted:

Check their Feudal Contract. They may have a guaranteed council position. If so, you can remove it via getting a hook on them, or trade the council privileges for reduced levies or taxes.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Best Friends posted:

Sounds like they cashed in a hook on you. If that’s what happened it does come with a notification event I think.

No hooks on me, and it just happened again (previous guy died, I reinstated the 22-intrigue spymaster and vassal, then some other vassal replaced him. He wasn't even doing anything, just disrupting schemes

VV: That seems to be it, I just checked and the current spymaster's title does have guaranteed rights, good point

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 17, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Then yeah, their feudal contract probably had guaranteed council rights (usually by them pushing the rights onto an AI liege and then becoming your direct vassal somehow).

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Been having a good crusaders king run at the end of this rulers life. I restarted my siberia run with the new update. On only my 2nd rulers who is 68 but an absolute stud. The previous (first) ruler was my great grandfather who ruled for 50 years before passing it to me when i was 7 years old which I find funny. The first rulers son (my grandfather) died of plague after having just one son and my father was killed in battle when he was 23 after just having the one son.

So the empire passed to a 7 year old and has enjoyed extreme stability and solid expansion after a somewhat turbulent 10 years to adulthood.

That 7 year old is now 70 and his one son is decent but also in his early 50s so I'm already thinking of the next ruler because it won't be a 50 year old. I had a grandson who sucked rear end so I murdered him leaving no male hier to my son. His wife was too old to have kids so I forced a divorce and married him to a new person, but considering the urgency of our ages I seduced his wife to get the auto pregnancy and hoped he wouldn't find out.

Well he found out for the first kid (a son) but she had a 2nd baby (also a son) that was mine that he didn't suspect a thing. I have whole of body and the pedagogy lifestyle point so hopefully I can get my "grandson" and real heir some good traits before I kick it.

Also my son attempted to kill me for cucking him on a hunting trip and failed obviously. So when I get the gonna die in a year notice he is gonna get imprisoned and executed. Allowing a new emperor to reign for another 60+ years.

Cuck your son for the empire

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Had my best friend who was also my leige ,whom i helped win at least a dozen wars to keep him in power , murdered a month after he threw me a birthday party so i could usurp Denmark from his son. Right bfore this I subjugated norway. Now i have Denmark and Sweden drat near 14k troops and am about to smash England to reform the Asatru faith

Danelaw is still hanging out in England to so i gotta figure out what i want to do with them i kinda want to transplant them to ireland but idk how i'd do that

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

verbal enema posted:

Had my best friend who was also my leige ,whom i helped win at least a dozen wars to keep him in power , murdered a month after he threw me a birthday party so i could usurp Denmark from his son.

-Claudius

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My goal of an Irish Britannia seems to be doable, I have been snowballing with my last couple of rulers. England is barely holding on, Scotland's title actually got dissolved (and the remainders individually conquered)... Norway does have a couple of counties up north, and France has Norfolk, but I should be able to form the empire then see how that goes.

The dynasty scion I had installed in Jerusalem has founded her own House, and there will be another crusade, this one for Syria, soon, so I'm suspecting a decent part of the Middle East will end up Irish. My only concern is money, I can't seem to get my income as high as I'd prefer. Regularly asking the Pope for money helps, but it's eating into my Piety a lot. What I'm doing is upgrading holdings, although it's more gradual than drastic (and of course has its own cost to recoup)

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
This last update did a lot to AI and balance to make the game more enjoyable without any big noticeable features. Other characters improve their domain and you no longer feel like the only person who knows how to rule 150 years into the game.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

For the love of god, Merfyn!

I have found a problem. If you are feuding with a house within your dynasty... I guess you need to wipe the other house out. Because ending it gives you a negative modifier for losing.

Nope, then it asks if you want to continue the feud with yourself. Uhh!

Okay, it seems to have sorted itself out somehow?? I don't know, that was weird.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 18, 2022

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Midnight Voyager posted:

I have found a problem. If you are feuding with a house within your dynasty... I guess you need to wipe the other house out. Because ending it gives you a negative modifier for losing.

Nope, then it asks if you want to continue the feud with yourself. Uhh!

Okay, it seems to have sorted itself out somehow?? I don't know, that was weird.

Of course you have to feud with the bastards that killed your own blood!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I decided to hit the plot murder button for relatively trivial reasons and then got this event and was like “Jesus Christ. What have I done.” Such an absolutely over the top cruel murdering

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Best Friends posted:

I decided to hit the plot murder button for relatively trivial reasons and then got this event and was like “Jesus Christ. What have I done.” Such an absolutely over the top cruel murdering

Eh, Cask of Amontillado-ing someone is no blood eagle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Probably 8k piety to reform the faith nooooo