Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Potato Salad posted:

what would be the reason to gag the fortizar loot pinata thing?

"yeah you got hosed, but we'd rather not do anything about it, shut up?"

If you want the "actual" source of the rule, it was the set of callout threads that started the entire mess in the last eve thread... you know... where mcwolf called out a dude, and then that dude made his own callout thread saying all of us would be mentioned in his suicide note or w/e.

That's when the forum admins implemented a no callout rule.

I know I interpreted a "no callout" rule as no individual callouts, not like... an alliance or alliance leadership, but I guess the forum admins interpret it differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

andromache posted:

If you want the "actual" source of the rule, it was the set of callout threads that started the entire mess in the last eve thread... you know... where mcwolf called out a dude, and then that dude made his own callout thread saying all of us would be mentioned in his suicide note or w/e.

That's when the forum admins implemented a no callout rule.

I know I interpreted a "no callout" rule as no individual callouts, not like... an alliance or alliance leadership, but I guess the forum admins interpret it differently.

I think you guys need to get on the same page

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Dalael posted:

I think you guys need to get on the same page

I'm currently somewhere near or at the bottom of one of my eve activity slumps. Anytime I get active in eve (the last war, the why did delta do this drama) I take a similar amount of time off where my engagement in the game is limited to handling reimbursement slapfights, dunking on market relisters, and posting on Space Gen-X twitter (this thread).

Something will come along at some point to peak my interest in eve again, but it's certainly not going to be the literally years of loathing between Init and Bastion boiling over in a somewhat predictable and infantile manner. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't something more.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Things everyone knows about but no one wants to address simmering below the surface for years only to explode predictably seems to be something of a pattern.

Better probate the people who try to discuss those things...

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Things everyone knows about but no one wants to address simmering below the surface for years only to explode predictably seems to be something of a pattern.

Better probate the people who try to discuss those things...

There is absolutely nothing good that can come out of letting line members "real talk" on GSF services (which Init can also read) while the alliance execs and diplos are talking through it with them. Actually a lot of harm can come from random person popping their mouth off.

I don't disagree with the decision to shut down the thread, though I would have explained why, wouldn't have r/o'd anyone, and promised a more comprehensive response. But maybe we'll get that at the weekend's fireside or kremlin meetings. Definitely worth bringing up there.

The second / third order of effect question that I don't see any of you asking is how loving broke is Init? The bad blood between Init and Bastion probably led to the hatching of the plan and the DO NOT USE tagging of the structures however many months ago, but I'd like to believe Shines was aware this wouldn't go over well. Which implies an underlying root cause like they are poor as gently caress, need the cash, and that led to coming up with this quick rich scheme.

Or I've been playing Eve too long and I'm tainted with the Sir Molle, Shadoo, Vince Draken, Mittens, xxDeathxx plans within plans machiavellian poo poo and Shines is just an Overwatch loot box chaser like progodlegend and I'm completely overthinking it.

andromache fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 17, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
You heard it here first, goonfucking is back on the menu in the Imperium.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

andromache posted:

Or I've been playing Eve too long and I'm tainted with the Sir Molle, Shadoo, Vince Draken, Mittens, xxDeathxx plans within plans machiavellian poo poo and Shines is just an Overwatch loot box chaser like progodlegend and I'm completely overthinking it.

It’s this OP literally no one cares any more just play the game lmbo

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
I want some new spaceships.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

There is absolutely nothing good that can come out of letting line members "real talk" on GSF services (which Init can also read) while the alliance execs and diplos are talking through it with them. Actually a lot of harm can come from random person popping their mouth off.

lol lmao

I understand why things are the way things are more and more every time a GSF authority figure posts here

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

andromache posted:

The second / third order of effect question that I don't see any of you asking is how loving broke is Init? The bad blood between Init and Bastion probably led to the hatching of the plan and the DO NOT USE tagging of the structures however many months ago, but I'd like to believe Shines was aware this wouldn't go over well. Which implies an underlying root cause like they are poor as gently caress, need the cash, and that led to coming up with this quick rich scheme.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are broke as gently caress :v:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

holes

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

I don't disagree with the decision to shut down the thread, though I would have explained why, wouldn't have r/o'd anyone, and promised a more comprehensive response. But maybe we'll get that at the weekend's fireside or kremlin meetings. Definitely worth bringing up there.

Look, I'm going to "real talk" you here because I actually don't hate GSF or want to see it fail. Actually, I'd really like to see it get its act together.

The reason that thread was handled the way it was is due to a culture of secrecy and suppression that your leadership has fostered over years. If you think that should change, as I do, you need to work on that with whatever levers of influence are at your disposal.

I hope you do, and maybe GSF will be a very different duck in a year (lol EvE won't exist in a year), but the leadership really needs to approach this from a more humble, heads on direction rather than the obfuscation and excuses I've seen in this and the previous thread.

Good luck, friend!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Inside sources confirmed that init has taped a pathetic note to the outside of their structures that starts "nobody wants to work anymore"

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Look, I'm going to "real talk" you here because I actually don't hate GSF or want to see it fail. Actually, I'd really like to see it get its act together.

The reason that thread was handled the way it was is due to a culture of secrecy and suppression that your leadership has fostered over years. If you think that should change, as I do, you need to work on that with whatever levers of influence are at your disposal.

I hope you do, and maybe GSF will be a very different duck in a year (lol EvE won't exist in a year), but the leadership really needs to approach this from a more humble, heads on direction rather than the obfuscation and excuses I've seen in this and the previous thread.

Good luck, friend!

I don't expect you to know this unless you've done coalition level diplo work, but diplomatic poo poo that's not a direct exec to exec conversation is usually weeks and months... not hours and days. So based on the killmail date to the AAD post date, my guess is that CD was very much in the "what the gently caress just happened, gather the facts" phase of things. Given that I've seen variations of this poo poo play out multiple times in my 11 years in illum, I'm going to say that a diplo or admin saw some leaders of Init in the "X Users are Reading this Topic" at the bottom of the thread, and shut that fucker down before some poo poo was said by random line member that caused some damage that couldn't be undone. Probably a smart move, given it wouldn't be the first time that some bill/globby/cryo/troll post actually managed to get under the skin of a space important person, hurt their ego, and complicated the hard work of resolving the problem. Pure speculation on my part, but I've been diplo adjacent long enough to know the playbook, and how autocrats act (cough wibla cough).

I've been out all week with one of those sinus infections that have so much pressure you've just got like tears nonstop. Didn't check anything eve-ish until late Thursday or Friday and saw the posts. So calling me an "authority" figure in this instance is a stretch. I have a lot of experience, but everything back to whenever I made that legal but lovely post is just me. Sometimes I've thought about adding a personal opinion disclaimer, but just like Dalael's thing is to copy and paste unattributed reddit posts to snag stupids for laughs, I guess mine is posting my opinions and people losing their minds because somehow I'm the alliance or coalition spokesman instead of just another distinguished poo poo-tier graduate of never not posting.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

andromache posted:

I have a lot of experience, but everything back to whenever I made that legal but lovely post is just me. Sometimes I've thought about adding a personal opinion disclaimer, but just like Dalael's thing is to copy and paste unattributed reddit posts to snag stupids for laughs, I guess mine is posting my opinions and people losing their minds because somehow I'm the alliance or coalition spokesman instead of just another distinguished poo poo-tier graduate of never not posting.

I think you mean Dalmuti. All my terrible posts are my own, thank you very much

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Dalael posted:

Oh... you uh... actually put your own thoughts behind some of those? wow.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

I don't expect you to know this unless you've done coalition level diplo work, but diplomatic poo poo that's not a direct exec to exec conversation is usually weeks and months... not hours and days. So based on the killmail date to the AAD post date, my guess is that CD was very much in the "what the gently caress just happened, gather the facts" phase of things. Given that I've seen variations of this poo poo play out multiple times in my 11 years in illum, I'm going to say that a diplo or admin saw some leaders of Init in the "X Users are Reading this Topic" at the bottom of the thread, and shut that fucker down before some poo poo was said by random line member that caused some damage that couldn't be undone. Probably a smart move, given it wouldn't be the first time that some bill/globby/cryo/troll post actually managed to get under the skin of a space important person, hurt their ego, and complicated the hard work of resolving the problem. Pure speculation on my part, but I've been diplo adjacent long enough to know the playbook, and how autocrats act (cough wibla cough).

I've been out all week with one of those sinus infections that have so much pressure you've just got like tears nonstop. Didn't check anything eve-ish until late Thursday or Friday and saw the posts. So calling me an "authority" figure in this instance is a stretch. I have a lot of experience, but everything back to whenever I made that legal but lovely post is just me. Sometimes I've thought about adding a personal opinion disclaimer, but just like Dalael's thing is to copy and paste unattributed reddit posts to snag stupids for laughs, I guess mine is posting my opinions and people losing their minds because somehow I'm the alliance or coalition spokesman instead of just another distinguished poo poo-tier graduate of never not posting.

Uh huh. I'm sure you're smart enough to see the double standard in this very post.

What it comes down to is you have power over them, and they do not have power over you, which means the things you want to keep secret stay secret but you get to offend anyone you like.

There's certainly not a very recent, very big episode that exposes the problem with that...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

andromache posted:

Oh... you uh... actually put your own thoughts behind some of those? wow.

I've never been accused of thinking before. Now that's a first :colbert:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

corgski posted:

I didn't log in

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Dalael posted:

My thread never got locked because the posting is too good

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

andromache posted:

This is spot on.

Having dealt with dipshit line members in most (all?) alliances in the Imperium over the years, I fully support just shutting threads like that down until the adults have a handle on what went down.

Also, I've not commissared anyone and had to pay for their ships afterwards, unlike LAWN :v:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

quote:

before some poo poo was said by random line member that caused some damage that couldn't be undone

Damage that couldn't be undone like deliberately going out of your way to piñata a structure full of allied member assets instead of using the easier method that puts their stuff in asset safety? :thunk:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m no space politician but haven’t multiple directors and leaders of goonswarm been booted for goon/blue loving, in a do not pass go do not collect £100 way, because it’s a massive warning and lesson to others?

Like you just know there is one bored person with access to the appropriate roles sat there thinking “why not mess with the structures in 1dq, for the lols no?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
If you ask me it's at least as bad as leaking illum logs

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I am shocked, shocked! To learn that Imperium leadership has become so incestuous as to let one of their own get away with loving over a bunch of members.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

learnincurve posted:

Like you just know there is one bored person with access to the appropriate roles sat there thinking “why not mess with the structures in 1dq, for the lols no?

timbro
Jul 18, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Philipp is an actual treasure and up there with Feliciday in the "oh wow we got a great one here" new player charts (see also Timbro and scanning)

Aww shucks- I don’t post much- sorry- I do read a lot though

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

firm, but fair

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

eh it's not like most of the unsubbed are coming back

if you think about it, it's just wealth distribution, or an untapped store of cash :fap:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kaysette posted:

This is a good call, adding a section to the OP to tell everyone to ignore "Bigbillthaboss" and "1001 Arabian dicks"

This is funny but please don’t quote people on my ignore list.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
:negative:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:glomp:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

andromache posted:

As far as I’m aware, when bastion sold the structures to init, they didn’t require a no piñata clause. Imagine being politically outsmarted by Brave.

So legal? Yes. Kinda lovely? Yes.

"legal" lmao who loving cares

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008
The entire situation does not make me gruntled in the slightest.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Team. The obvious solution is to unblacklist me - Cryo C Huren - and make me Waffe CEO

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Without The Mittani, I predict that Waffe will slowly die a death - The Mittani was more than just a CEO - he was the heart and soul of what it meant to be a goon- maybe that's all in the past, but without that particular personality we are a lesser entity no matter who eventually rises to take the reigns of СЕО,

The Wizard Hat, the Elf Boy, the Gobbins feud, the salivating performances on the Meta Show and many more characterful instances - there is nobody here that has the combination of political nouse, showmanship and guile that can pull this off - none of those on the ballot meet this standard - mere shadows. Goons need a charismatic, slightly manic figurehead - anything less falls way short of what the membership expects.

It really is a shame that in this age of cancel culture a great leader was brought down IRL through nefarious and insincere accusations of misdeeds. Cancel this nonsense cancel culture, purge the unclean and just be yourself, young Human

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

GW has been dying for a while, no more than a glorified holding corp with little structure. though theyve moved much of that holding corp stuff to someplace else, and supposedly are giving it a ceo and stuff...

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019
I watched the MetaShow and the local chat posters, at no point during that rambling, incoherent show and comments in the chat or on any of the forums was anyone even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought, everyone watching it is now more clueless for having listened to or read it, I award the EVE community no points and may Father Delve have mercy on your capsules.

TLDR;
Bastion and Init have had a serious, long time unhealthy competition leading up to the low point where Init's leadership kicks the disbanded Bastion (and by extension blues) in the "Iskies".

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

*bursts into the thread, breathless*

Globby! Are you the reason I can't fit a nullifier and burst ECM on my Epithal, you b---!?

*is dragged out for summoning Globby*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
*fits for speed and only for the speed using the logic that if you are off and away before they can target then you win.