Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

MLB The Show is extremely good

yeah of all of them this is the best one. Im currently playing NBA 2k23 and its alright!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve had the craving to get back into 2K, I played it so much in the late 00s

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

sports games peaked on dreamcast

Nowhere to go but downhill after NFL Blitz

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The tiger woods games on the OG XBOX were the poo poo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I said come in! posted:

Funny you bring this up, I just made a thread for discussion sports games. But uh not really? Its kinda a huge mess this year with a very unnecessarily complicated playbook, and bugs where the UI just disappears so you can't make proper plays or see information that you need to know. Madden 22 is a much better game imo, but maybe someone has had a better experience with it than I did.

This is good info.
So... does that mean '22 would be a better buy today?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

acksplode posted:

B B
Dec 1, 2005

acksplode posted:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

acksplode posted:

Nowhere to go but downhill after NFL 2K5

:colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oh yeah did that roller derby game come out yet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

oh yeah did that roller derby game come out yet

it came and went. i thought it was good but really difficult, to the point where i had to neglect most of the high-score mechanics because just staying alive was all i could manage on most stages

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ubi sent it out to die with zero advertising.

edit; oh Rollerdrome

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Kilometers Davis posted:

MLB The Show is extremely good
Probably the best baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr. on the N64

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SilkyP posted:

I will never buy another sports game ever again

I'm sorry you will miss out on Sports Story, GOTY whenever it finally is released.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

veni veni veni posted:

Modern Warfare 2 beta fun
:agreed:

I played it yesterday and today and have quite enjoyed it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Goddamn, that Wo Long demo is so great. A+ poo poo I can't wait to see the final version. Now to try this new Valkyrie Elysium demo, which I'm sure will be just as good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Policenaut posted:

Goddamn, that Wo Long demo is so great. A+ poo poo I can't wait to see the final version. Now to try this new Valkyrie Elysium demo, which I'm sure will be just as good.

I didn't realise there was a demo for valkyrie, gonna give that a go it looks like it might be fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

10 days out and they still won't list the store price for Valkyrie Profile <:mad:>

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gott pay £70 for the deluxe version of Elysium, sorry

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

veni veni veni posted:

Modern Warfare 2 beta fun

Agreed. I can't really get into the multiplayer for the sci-fi CoDs, and I don't really like their formula for WW2 settings, but the modern warfare stuff feels good.

I've played nearly every CoD game and am interested in WW2 stuff, but man Vanguard's campaign looked so dull that I never felt interested in trying it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

Gott pay £70 for the deluxe version of Elysium, sorry

This is legit the only reason why I haven't pre-ordered a box copy at this point. I don't trust Sony and/or Square not to lock Lenneth behind a PS+ tier or make it exclusive to a Deluxe edition. If I knew Lenneth would for sure be standalone buyable off the PSN I'd probably go plunk down now for Elysium on physical and grab Lenneth same day.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Gave the Wo Long demo a try. It’s really good and challenging, absolutely a day one buy for me. I missed the Nioh stances at first but the increased mobility and counters made for a good change up. Not sure about the morale and fortitude systems entirely (former in terms of whether it’s a good idea, latter in terms what it even is), but we’ll see.

The boss had a nice difficulty scale, I went from getting beat up by his first phase to destroying him and taking a while to figure out how to fight his second phase. Good stuff.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Morale is basically leveling up without leveling up. Gives you an advantage over enemies as you play while giving harder enemies one over you. Fortitude is just a minimum morale level. So when you die you revert to whatever that is instead of 0.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Ah ok, that makes sense.

There’s less trash loot than Nioh and yet still too much. They really gotta tamp down on that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i couldn't click with wo long as well as i would've liked. mapping parry and dodge to the same button and sprint to another button entirely was messing with my sekiro muscle memory bad, and the parry timing seems way too tight given how fast enemy attacks come out. also nthing the weariness with the loot drops. who is this for? i've never seen anyone praise it, at best it's just tolerated

as for the stage boss, either i'm doing something very wrong or it'd be utterly miserable without summons. at least you can stunlock the first phase, the second is a screaming spiky hurricane that never gives you a second to heal

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Oxxidation posted:

i couldn't click with wo long as well as i would've liked. mapping parry and dodge to the same button and sprint to another button entirely was messing with my sekiro muscle memory bad, and the parry timing seems way too tight given how fast enemy attacks come out. also nthing the weariness with the loot drops. who is this for? i've never seen anyone praise it, at best it's just tolerated

as for the stage boss, either i'm doing something very wrong or it'd be utterly miserable without summons. at least you can stunlock the first phase, the second is a screaming spiky hurricane that never gives you a second to heal

What I did was stunlock through his first phase, then blocked most of his attacks in his second phase, getting hits in when he’d pause. I’d parry his unblockable arm swing, which makes him super vulnerable and then I’d hit him a bunch and use a martial art. I couldn’t figure out the timing on parrying the psycho multi-swing attack so I’d just dodge it and run away from him until he chilled out.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Policenaut posted:

I played the Valkyrie Elysium demo and enjoyed it well enough, but after playing the Wo Long demo VE just seems a bit too boring, easy (even on hard) and repetitive. Unlikely I’ll be buying VE when it comes out but Wo Long is probably day 1 for me!

Some banger Motoi Sakuraba tunes in VE though, he doesn’t miss!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1571365794898137088

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This valkyrie game is like low energy in distilled form.

E: god I thought this must have been multiplat with switch but it's PS4/5 and PC.

JBP fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 18, 2022

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

this looks fun. burnout x carmageddon x destruction derby. steam only so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BWOkMCSG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESfhVNwrL0E

Michael Bay went out of control on this one. Looks really good.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Gta6 gameplay leaks. This is real lmao. Obviously earlyish graphical state

30mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2wt7sRuHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfPx1yAxQ0

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jinxintel/status/1571370567256739842?s=20

More Girl character
https://streamable.com/tql956
https://imgur.com/ashpTA7

Theres so much more screenshots and vids :eyepop:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...tm_source=share

Edit: 10k lines if source code and 90+ gameplay vids

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 18, 2022

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
GTA 6 just leaked

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumour-potential-gameplay-clips-and-screenshots-of-grand-theft-auto-6-has-leaked.633479/

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Annoying American yelling simulator 2025 looking exactly as expected

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Holy loving poo poo, the hqcker posted 10k lines of the source code too goddamnnn

Zero cool

Edit: not sure if its an hacker or exemployee lol

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 18, 2022

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zst3WOLf5jI

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

This is the most insane leak ive ever seen, even more than the og hl2 or capcom, gigaleak poo poo and beyond. This is gonna get delayed lol

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’m playing gta6 right now and folks, it’s twisted as hell

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish Rockstar would do something other than GTA

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
This was a hack, right?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I wish Rockstar would do something other than GTA

They should make a second Red Dead Redemption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I dunno OP, looks to realistic for my tastes. Have games gone too far?