Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Finally got exploring 99 and I'm just about to get farming 99, maxxing all four skills!

What do you all do with your perks once you've completed your skills? I had a bunch of points in exploring exp that I don't need now and I've still got my free reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I have no idea how people are getting exploring XP so fast. Even fishing is higher than exploring for me.

Are anglerfish really gates behind only a lv 6 macaw? I've got everything else for this request but like hell I'm grinding up another billion (right now) for one single request.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

bbcisdabomb posted:

I have no idea how people are getting exploring XP so fast. Even fishing is higher than exploring for me.

Are anglerfish really gates behind only a lv 6 macaw? I've got everything else for this request but like hell I'm grinding up another billion (right now) for one single request.

Yeah, it's locked behind the Macaw, if the quest in question is Intruders Beware, that line unlocks the the lvl 90 fishing spot and the Macaw is an overall good pet.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

bbcisdabomb posted:

Yes, but Macaw is a great Silver generating pet, so it would be a high priority anyway. Fishing/Large Nets, Blue Dye for Blue Purse, Large Chest 02 and Crab Claw for Tower items, etc.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
You can also get Anglerfish from a personal help request, but Macaw is very much worth getting anyway.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

You can also get Anglerfish from a personal help request, but Macaw is very much worth getting anyway.

Oh! I was wondering how I got goldfish without leveling the owl to 6.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vasler posted:

Finally got exploring 99 and I'm just about to get farming 99, maxxing all four skills!

What do you all do with your perks once you've completed your skills? I had a bunch of points in exploring exp that I don't need now and I've still got my free reset.

Can't you turn xp into silver once you've maxed out?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Can't you turn xp into silver once you've maxed out?

Yes, but you shouldn't need any of the +XP skills to earn enough XP a day to replenish the amount that conversion costs.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

Once I ground up the level 6 macaw I shot through several level of fishing because of how much XP the new zone generates. I'm also now into my third billion and trying to figure out where to spend it like a week after getting the macaw and spending 500m on "other pets" this same week. It's really good.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

H110Hawk posted:

Once I ground up the level 6 macaw I shot through several level of fishing because of how much XP the new zone generates. I'm also now into my third billion and trying to figure out where to spend it like a week after getting the macaw and spending 500m on "other pets" this same week. It's really good.

You're probably going to hit the same wall that I've hit. Which is, the money doesn't really matter unless you're trying to get 100 billion, because you have everything *and* do not have enough points to climb the tower anymore. So my suggestion is to get all your pets to level 6, and get the store house and farm upgrade, *until* it's at the 100 billion.

Edit: 175k Mini Event, enjoy +17.5% Skill XP and Silver at Market now through the evening of 9/15!

About to throw 2k large nets and the sphere's I've been saving into sweet sweet profit.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 14, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

obi_ant posted:

You're probably going to hit the same wall that I've hit. Which is, the money doesn't really matter unless you're trying to get 100 billion, because you have everything *and* do not have enough points to climb the tower anymore. So my suggestion is to get all your pets to level 6, and get the store house and farm upgrade, *until* it's at the 100 billion.

Edit: 175k Mini Event, enjoy +17.5% Skill XP and Silver at Market now through the evening of 9/15!

About to throw 2k large nets and the sphere's I've been saving into sweet sweet profit.

I’m holding off on spheres for the Halloween event

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Yeah, I can see that happening. I'm back up to 1.2bn silver give or take as of right now. I don't have the Tower yet, I'm WAY ahead on fishing: 83/97/90/84. I think I'm going to the 1bn row of crops then start banging out pets and probably more grapes (215/day today.)

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm in that stuck spot now. I have all the pets at 6, all the $10B upgrades, have production equal to inventory, and am out of AK in the 50's. Now I feel a bit aimless as I start just checking a few times a day to sell off whatever my workshop makes for masteries.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Just an FYI that the new 175k quiz gets you 100 ancient coins for a perfect score, so you can buy a few more honey if you're into that

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Fhqwhgads posted:

Now I feel a bit aimless

I was in the same boat.

Going back and forth between explore screens and the workshop every 10-15 AC/AP to craft items so i wouldn't void stuff was such a loving drag. I only really started doing GMs once the craftworks released.

I am about to hit 100 tower and i have mostly done "easy" GMs, ie ones where i need to grind in a maximum of 2 zones.
There is also a bunch of GMs you get for free, e.g. Feed, Chum, the stamina items, anything that comes from Farm buildings.
You also probably need to GM a lot more fish than you think.
Finally, don't brush off taking items to simple mastery for the 10 AK, you probably have a bunch of items in the 3k-7k range, knocking out many of those will get you an additional few tower levels.

The fish you want to GM are:
Everything in PC
Everything in LI
A BUNCH of fish in Emerald Beach: Seahorse, Puffer, Clam, Starfish, Clownfish, Pearl, Conch, Stingray, Blue Tiger Fish, Red Starfish,
Other easy fish GMs: Green Jelly fish, Jellyfish, Sunfish, Bone Fish, Flamejack, Crappie, Blue Sea Bass, Largemouth Bass, Blue Shell, Yellow Perch, Drum.

Easy item GMs: Bottle Rocket, Purple/Green/white parchment, Fancy Pipe, Horseshoe, Garnet Ring, Sturdy Shield, Iron Cup, Garnet, Leather, Wooden Shield, Bucket, Amethyst Necklace, Black Powder, Glass Orb, Mushroom Paste, Glass Bottle, Shimmer Stone, Explosives, Ladder, Magnifying Glass, Broom,

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

A BUNCH of fish in Emerald Beach: Seahorse, Puffer, Clam, Starfish, Clownfish, Pearl, Conch, Stingray, Blue Tiger Fish, Red Starfish,

Ugggggh, I don't wanna! Seahorse needs an additional 2753 LNs for me after GM'ing Blue Tiger Fish, I do not understand why so many people have this/Puffer GM'd.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Klungar posted:

Ugggggh, I don't wanna! Seahorse needs an additional 2753 LNs for me after GM'ing Blue Tiger Fish,

That doesn't sound right but i don't remember it well enough to disprove it.

IIRC it was 1700ish LN for me after GMing the easiest few fish in emerald beach, as that is when i started using the fishing mastery spreadsheet.

Klungar posted:

I do not understand why so many people have this/Puffer GM'd.

Beause the only thing you need to do to progress fish GMs is hit the Large Net button. You don't even really need to sell anything as fish before Large Island are worth very little.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

That doesn't sound right but i don't remember it well enough to disprove it.

IIRC it was 1700ish LN for me after GMing the easiest few fish in emerald beach, as that is when i started using the fishing mastery spreadsheet.

Here is what the spreadsheet has for me, with Blue Tiger Fish being my most recent GM’d fish:

I know I’ll eventually go and polish those off, but it’s basically going to cost me 25.3B to get Seahorse, and that’s without considering any event bonus.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Just unlocked Tower L100 and you get another 2500 inventory space, now that’s a useful upgrade!

I think I’ve GMd every fish I’m going to do. I did do seahorse, puffer and the less common ones but I thought it was worth the grind for the extra tower levels. Yes it costs a lot in terms of lost Pirates Cove silver cos your fishing for cheaper fish but I’m glad I bothered.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Stuck in honey jail right now. 350/600 for ATI.

Also grinding up exploring. I’m 99/99/99/93. I need 1.5m stamina to get to 99, which seems like a lot. Ugh. I have 14 million fishing XP compared to my 1 million exploring XP. Huge discrepancy.

51 mastered, 12 GM - feel ahead of the curve there at least, maybe.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Keep stacking that honey, if I recall correctly, there is a quest that requires 1000 honey.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Stuck in honey jail right now. 350/600 for ATI.

Also grinding up exploring. I’m 99/99/99/93. I need 1.5m stamina to get to 99, which seems like a lot. Ugh. I have 14 million fishing XP compared to my 1 million exploring XP. Huge discrepancy.

51 mastered, 12 GM - feel ahead of the curve there at least, maybe.

The general goal seems to be to be able to afford Tower Level 20 immediately upon opening it, both from a Silver and Ascension Knowledge perspective. You’ll need 2000 AK in order to do that, and you have at least 1710 AK from those masteries, so you seem to be on target. If those 12 GM don’t get include all the fish from Large Island and Pirate’s Cove, those would seem to be the easiest ones to knock out.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just got the super rare from the sandworm desert and looked up what to do with it... Oops. I'm on 1/20 of that quest line. Also didn't take an insane amount of stamina.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Great!

You still have a lot of manual grinding to do in that zone before you chase away the boogeyman though.

That fucker cost me 1,5m stamina. I enjoy getting punished for not spending all my stamina every day.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

6k inventory :dance:

If my math is correct that is 504 LN per day from raptor antlers?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Should be, 6000*1.45, divided by 25, times 1.45 again?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

Great!

You still have a lot of manual grinding to do in that zone before you chase away the boogeyman though.

That fucker cost me 1,5m stamina. I enjoy getting punished for not spending all my stamina every day.

:negative:

Hit 99 fishing :toot:

I also did a free respec because I realized some of the early dumb decisions I made on mastery points were slowing me down. I didn't yet have all the +xp to farming ones, but I did have all the bait savers on fishing. I may put those back over time as I need gold fish, but for now I am falling way behind on farming XP compared to everything else, and it's the one thing that is hard locked to time. I have all the farm time reductions as well. I also skipped the 3% chance of wine being 20 days old. Back when I was silver strapped it seemed to clever. Now the extra 4m/bottle (20 day reduction on a 8mill cap over 40whatever days) seems hilariously low.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Currently stuck in dragonfly and grasshopper jail because stupid me didn't level up my lemur until I got to this dumb stage of ATI.

So loving close to tower unlock, yet so far.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

dolphinbomb posted:

Currently stuck in dragonfly and grasshopper jail because stupid me didn't level up my lemur until I got to this dumb stage of ATI.

So loving close to tower unlock, yet so far.

Ask for them in Giveaways. People will fill you up in no time.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

Here is what the spreadsheet has for me, with Blue Tiger Fish being my most recent GM’d fish:

I know I’ll eventually go and polish those off, but it’s basically going to cost me 25.3B to get Seahorse, and that’s without considering any event bonus.

Do you have a link to this spreadsheet? I've been slacking on a lot of my masteries and I should get my rear end in gear since I got all the available quests done aside from Giamics and Way Back, and I'm currently at Tower 53

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Lone Goat posted:

Do you have a link to this spreadsheet? I've been slacking on a lot of my masteries and I should get my rear end in gear since I got all the available quests done aside from Giamics and Way Back, and I'm currently at Tower 53

Hopefully this works. If not it’s under Community Guides, Fish Mastery Calculator by WhatTheFox.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/17Zti-d6rqTIJtgQlBfLP3YQQoPIXY2QW/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

I used this one and it was really great. I’ve completed all the easy and some of the tougher ones - 41 fish masteries all told - but haven’t been working on them since I got to tower 110. I’ve got 900 AK at the moment but I want to put my silver into other things.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DRINK ME posted:

Hopefully this works. If not it’s under Community Guides, Fish Mastery Calculator by WhatTheFox.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/17Zti-d6rqTIJtgQlBfLP3YQQoPIXY2QW/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

I used this one and it was really great. I’ve completed all the easy and some of the tougher ones - 41 fish masteries all told - but haven’t been working on them since I got to tower 110. I’ve got 900 AK at the moment but I want to put my silver into other things.

Yep that works! What do the LN Cube and LN Trawler headings mean?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Yep that works! What do the LN Cube and LN Trawler headings mean?

Number of Large Nets needed after unlocking the T50 (Runecube) and T70 (Trigon Knot) artifacts. Runecube makes rare drops be less rare, and Trigon Knot makes Large Nets catch 500 fish instead of 400.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I have escaped corn jail

I don't even know what to grow anymore

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Corn. Corn jail is just the innermost layer of infinitely nested corn prisons.

Although knocking out other 10k crop masteries is also nice but that gets a lot (literally twice as) easier after tower.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Hobojim posted:

I have escaped corn jail

I don't even know what to grow anymore

You’ll be back!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

monkeytennis posted:

You’ll be back!

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I guess it does say I have nine more help requests for the corn

At least it's down from fifty or whatever it was when I started lol

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Hobojim posted:

I guess it does say I have nine more help requests for the corn

At least it's down from fifty or whatever it was when I started lol

15 for me! :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I'm currently at 98/99/99/87 and am thinking of resetting my perks, because I have some +xp ones that aren't very useful now. I'll probably wait until 99 farming. I was initially going to respec after 4x99, but hearing from the thread how much of a pain the exploring grind is, I might just do it early.

I'll deffo grab the exploring XP bonus ones after resetting, but I'm unsure about a few perks:

Is the artisan line (Less XP to craft things) worth it? I'm leaning towards no, but thought I'd get some input.

Vault plans looks like it will work out to ~10m per day on average, also sounds not worth it?

What about bottle warmer? That sounds horrible but I haven't done much with wine yet.

I'm just assuming energy drink sucks. Thoughts on please recycle?

I guess I could grind the fishing merit badge and ditch double hooks for more points (lol)