Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
How do I get more banners and words for my name tag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Wildtortilla posted:

The gacha machine in the lobby has some if you are lucky

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I still have a lot of weapons to try out but currently I'm enjoying the basic bitch umbrella. It's basically a narrow accurate shotgun that happens to have a cool shield option. Not horrible at painting either.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I want new titles so badly. I see stuff like "Hungry Hungry Middle Manager" and I covet it. At least I can be a Promising Freshwater Fish in the meantime.

Is there a good way to tell when the next Salmon Run weapon rotation comes around? I feel like I'm missing a timer somewhere.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

broken pixel posted:

I want new titles so badly. I see stuff like "Hungry Hungry Middle Manager" and I covet it. At least I can be a Promising Freshwater Fish in the meantime.

Is there a good way to tell when the next Salmon Run weapon rotation comes around? I feel like I'm missing a timer somewhere.

The schedule's viewable in the app and in the X menu.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

broken pixel posted:

Nintendo Switch Online app has the next few on their schedule, it switches again in about 8 hours

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Fedule posted:

DC Murderverse posted:

Nintendo Switch Online app has the next few on their schedule, it switches again in about 8 hours

Neat, thanks!

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Salmon Run has some banners you can buy with that mode's special currency--looks like 10 total, but you have to unlock a bunch of them. You can access the shop by going to the "Check Rewards" counter next to Grizz.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Finished single player, I can’t believe it’s just Sonic Adventure 2. I love the Portal-esque gauntlet of levels followed by “now put all that to use” of the single player campaign in these games.

Now to get owned by a 9 year old named Braedynn in Anarchy Series

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Goodguy3 posted:

I hate Hammerhead Bridge. So much.

Some looked into it and they basically made it a worse version of the factory stage.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Fedule posted:

I know you get a bonus 7500pts towards your catalog for first day win, but us that in new day or new rotation because I REALLY don't wanna risk things with the Dynamo.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

doomrider7 posted:

I know you get a bonus 7500pts towards your catalog for first day win, but us that in new day or new rotation because I REALLY don't wanna risk things with the Dynamo.

Per day, and it's your first win in any mode so you can get it from turf wars or ranked instead if you want.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Has anyone tested run speed up on the splatanas at all? Tried testing the splatana charge run speed with a single run speed main but didn't notice much

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The secret kettle is such bullshit it’s made me retroactively hate the single player. Gauntlet bullshit with instant death if you misjudge a jump by an inch is never fun

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

broken pixel posted:

I'm a Water-breathing grandpa, and I need it to be even weirder.

Maybe I'll switch it to grandma.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I’m currently ‘Realistic Fist’. I got Fist from the gacha machine and couldn’t stop laughing

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I got “Rockabilly Headliner” from the machine which is extremely my jam and made up for getting nothing basic food tickets with my other 150000 moneys.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How many times do I have to Booyah to maximize my teammate's Booyah Bomb?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The secret kettle is such bullshit it’s made me retroactively hate the single player. Gauntlet bullshit with instant death if you misjudge a jump by an inch is never fun

It was...BRUTAL AS gently caress...but I liked it. It was one of those culmination of your gathered skills kind of things. Checkpoint Starvation was still a huge motherfucker though and the last wave was ROUGH to say the least. Enjoyed it and WOULD do it again as long as the 3333 reward stands.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Lakbay posted:

How many times do I have to Booyah to maximize my teammate's Booyah Bomb?

Hit it as fast as you can until the prompt goes away. The whole team should be helping so the whole count isn’t on you.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Been running "Drained Punk" for a while now. Will probably never change it since it fits so perfectly.

Snake Maze posted:

Per day, and it's your first win in any mode so you can get it from turf wars or ranked instead if you want.

This explains why I didn't get it twice from both SR and/or Turf/Ranked.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 18, 2022

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I'm an Ambidextrous Butler and I wouldn't have it any other way

also, the Angle Shooter is hella fun. maybe it isn't really as powerful as it feels, but i have splatted every single person i manage to mark with it. and my charger gameplay has improved a lot ever since i turned both sensitivity settings up to the max. i'm winning 1v1s at close range now!

video games are Good. and the Dynamo Roller is good in Salmon Run, you just aren't treating her right

Ramie fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 18, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Riven posted:

Hit it as fast as you can until the prompt goes away. The whole team should be helping so the whole count isn’t on you.

That's a thing? I thought that the game just wanted me to booyah back :negative:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

CuddleCryptid posted:

That's a thing? I thought that the game just wanted me to booyah back :negative:
if it works the same as splatoon 2, it registers up to 5 booyahs(per teammate), but they have diminishing returns
-First "Booyah!": +0.08 Booyah Bomb charge.
-Second "Booyah!": +0.04 Booyah Bomb charge.
-Third "Booyah!": +0.02 Booyah Bomb charge.
-Fourth "Booyah!": +0.01 Booyah Bomb charge.
-Fifth "Booyah!": +0.01 Booyah Bomb charge.
so basically, just doing it twice gets you most of the way to maxed and the next 3 don't matter much. unless this changed but I suspect it didn't

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

CuddleCryptid posted:

Not only does it help buy IIRC you get a small amount of special charge for it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve been doing a lot of tableturf battles but I am having a tough time building a good deck. I can’t seem to beat Aggro Jelly lv 3 because every time I try to block him in, he just so happens to be using a lower-numbered card on the same squares and overwrites mine. Seems like it’s every single time.

Right now I have 7 cards that take up ten or more squares and 8 that are small or medium. Not sure if I should fit in more small cards, I think the smallest is 3 squares and the rest are between 5-9.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
I feel like importing my Splatoon 2 save somehow screwed me. I fully acknowledge that I suck at this game really bad which isn't helping, but I've spent two weeks straight getting stomped by gaming personalities with their YouTube and twitch channels as their name and cannot figure out how to get out of this matchmaking hell. It's not a game that I can just chill out and play anymore because I almost just cannot play since you're instantly dead leaving the spawn a minute into the game.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

PageMaster posted:

I feel like importing my Splatoon 2 save somehow screwed me. I fully acknowledge that I suck at this game really bad which isn't helping, but I've spent two weeks straight getting stomped by gaming personalities with their YouTube and twitch channels as their name and cannot figure out how to get out of this matchmaking hell. It's not a game that I can just chill out and play anymore because I almost just cannot play since you're instantly dead leaving the spawn a minute into the game.

join us in the discord, we keep it super chill

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like that if you switch to splatcast for the Dee Cut sound offs, you can see it playing out in the studio.

Probably how they made it work like that too. It’s just switching the camera between those locations, at least in the streets.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

PageMaster posted:

Did you get the game a week early?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’ve been doing a lot of tableturf battles but I am having a tough time building a good deck. I can’t seem to beat Aggro Jelly lv 3 because every time I try to block him in, he just so happens to be using a lower-numbered card on the same squares and overwrites mine. Seems like it’s every single time.

Right now I have 7 cards that take up ten or more squares and 8 that are small or medium. Not sure if I should fit in more small cards, I think the smallest is 3 squares and the rest are between 5-9.

you want a bigger spread than that, my highest cards are around 13. what you really wanna do is build up special meter and use that to steal the other player's turf, so try to pick cards that fit well together so you can get those special points surrounded

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why is Lil Judd so insanely violent in card mode. All his lines are just *mean*

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Single player progression question: I've been kind of going head first into the plot and just killed Big Man. And it sounds like the next part is a point of no return? Does it matter if I've 100%'d the other zones at this point?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Zet posted:

Single player progression question: I've been kind of going head first into the plot and just killed Big Man. And it sounds like the next part is a point of no return? Does it matter if I've 100%'d the other zones at this point?

The biggest thing it matters for is unlocking the post-final secret kettle, but you won't regret being as powered-up as you can be

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

i like having a couple of tall cards, preferably able to reach 6-7 squares vertically. this allows you to hurry up and cut off the opponent as quickly as possible. Reroll your starting hand if you dont have a few tall cards.

Once ive cut them off, i focus on getting specials. Its really important to have a few small cards cause they are the easiest to build special with. my MVP card is literally a one block square, i usually get 2-3 specials after placing it in an ideal spot. Having a decent amount small/medium cards can also help prevent having to skip a turn, which sucks cause it gives the opponent another special point

I like to save a 5-special cost card so I can slam it down at the end and swing the game 20 points in my favor. makes it much easier to win a round

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He's working on his corporate hostile takeover game fueled by his clone issues.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Lil Judd is well aware he is the smaller clone of a more popular, larger cat and hates everyone because of it. He's always on the 'bad guys' team for a reason.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do foot buffs stack and/or exist side by side? I am too scared to test it out myself

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

PageMaster posted:

This game is at its best when you don't give a poo poo. Get hosed up on your substance of choice and just got hog wild. You are 100% going to encounter bullshit at every stage of the game. So just buckle in and enjoy the ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

italian quid posted:

This game is at its best when you don't give a poo poo. Get hosed up on your substance of choice and just got hog wild. You are 100% going to encounter bullshit at every stage of the game. So just buckle in and enjoy the ride

Or don’t abuse substances and game cleanly.