Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Qwijib0 posted:

And it's still raining in Iowa City, god bless those sickos that came back into the stands for a midnight restart in that weather with their team up 17

I know I’d do it just for the freak once-in-a-lifetime aspect to it, how often are you going to be in your home stadium watching football go on at midnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Soup du Jour posted:

I know I’d do it just for the freak once-in-a-lifetime aspect to it, how often are you going to be in your home stadium watching football go on at midnight

What else is there to do in Iowa City?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Edward Mass posted:

Drink

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
NDSU keeps it on the ground and drives it in easily.

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

wtf jill im not a bear!!!

A dossier and a state of melted brains: The Jess campaign has it all.
Arizona line might be wearing down a bit, NDSU just doing whatever they want at this point

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
De Laura has used up all his magic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hey the option.

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

losing Mostaert really hurt, this is very uncharacteristic NDSU run defense

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

A lot to feel good about with the defense at least; I’m glad the transition from Elko to Durkin doesn’t appear to have been too rough.

Yeah. Run defense needs some work and some angles taken were real bad but overall they won us the game so good job

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Looking at the scoreboard, I see that Arizona State is currently getting its teeth bashed in by Eastern Michigan

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Happy to see Hawaii scheduled a team they could beat

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao that was a big boy run from NDSU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Holy poo poo Luepke’s run was pretty.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rick posted:

Holy poo poo Luepke’s run was pretty.

he said "no i think i will keep moving forward, actually"

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
hell of a run there by NDSU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Looking at the scoreboard, I see that Arizona State is currently getting its teeth bashed in by Eastern Michigan

It's pretty great

especially since Arizona is in the process of losing to its own FCS opponent

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
*checks scores* is uh

Is Kansas for real? Like maybe a bowl team?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Edward Mass posted:

This, watch or start a street fight, illegally gamble, get in trouble in some fashion. All sorts of things, some from experience.

It's not a bad time overall if you're the right age, but you've gotta make your own fun.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Qwijib0 posted:

It's pretty great

especially since Arizona is in the process of losing to its own FCS opponent

To be fair, EMU is FBS, though NDSU would probably be favored over them by two touchdowns

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FBS schools aren't supposed to schedule NDSU, it's a trap for inexperienced or overconfident ADs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Iowa gonna start at 12:45 CT

just call the game?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

*checks scores* is uh

Is Kansas for real? Like maybe a bowl team?

They have a battle of undefeateds at home against Duke (!!) next week; if they can win that one they’re 4-0 and it would seem totally doable to win 2 out of the next 8 in conference play with TCU and Tech breaking in new coaches and no one else other than OU and maybe Texas or Oklahoma State looking especially good.

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

holy hell an actual stop

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

They have a battle of undefeateds at home against Duke (!!) next week; if they can win that one they’re 4-0 and it would seem totally doable to win 2 out of the next 8 in conference play with TCU and Tech breaking in new coaches and no one else other than OU and maybe Texas or Oklahoma State looking especially good.

it would be really funny if a bit sad if Kansas has had Texas' number even when they were completely awful but lose now that they're actually looking good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Iowa gonna start at 12:45 CT

just call the game?

Iowa doesn’t want to give up the win and Nevada doesn’t want to sign off on the loss based on a half of play.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bison are now running on Arizona at will

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
NDSU is in complete control.

Alaois posted:

FBS schools aren't supposed to schedule NDSU, it's a trap for inexperienced or overconfident ADs

Pretty good description of Arizona’s AD.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

I love this

and I hate this

I am feeling two feelings at the same time

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

go for it and ascend to Valhalla

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

Pretty good description of Arizona’s AD.

The legacy of greg byrne lives on

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Maybe it really is chaos year 2.0

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

drat, stuffed

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They are reading the stats off on NDSU’s kickers and drat I guess you don’t have to be that great to kick in FCS.

NDSU got too fancy on 3rd and 4th down.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
aww, ASU pulls within a score

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Alaois posted:

A 4th down stop for the Wildcats

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

technically you have to die to ascend to Valhalla I guess

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Iowa and Nevada are playing again, this is not a drill

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
:lmao: we are playing NDSU because it was cheap

quote:

In early 2017, the UA was looking to schedule an FCS game for September 2022. The school went through Gridiron, a scheduling service run by Dave Brown, a former ESPN executive who has become the premier matchmaker in college football. That in and of itself wasn’t unusual; Gridiron works with every school in FBS and almost every one in FCS.

What was unique about this particular situation is that Arizona elected to use the auction function on the Gridiron website. No one ever had before. And no one has since.

Arizona was looking to save money. The idea behind the online auction system was that it would save time. It worked on both fronts.

Arizona is paying $425,000 for North Dakota State to play in Tucson on Saturday night. The average payout by Pac-12 schools to FCS programs since 2011 is $555,000, according to Gridiron’s database. Making things even better for the UA from a financial standpoint: Approximately 10,000 NDSU fans are expected to attend the game at Arizona Stadium.

"Out of all the games that have ever been put together ... I don’t know if that will ever be topped," Brown said. "If any school was gonna do it, it’s North Dakota State."

NDSU jumped at the opportunity because it’s hard for the Bison to schedule games against FBS opponents. They’ve won six such matchups in a row. No one wants to play them.

Recalling how it all went down, NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen described the process as "definitely the most unique way we've ever scheduled a football game."

"This was the first time that we ever saw the auction function used," Larsen said. "We thought internally, this could be an opportunity to get an FBS game. So we said, ‘Hey, let's put a low bid in.’ We did, fully expecting that somebody might come in a little bit lower or maybe Arizona wouldn't want that. Lo and behold, they took it."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Another nice drive by JdL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

:lmao: we are playing NDSU because it was cheap

Lmao that rules.

This game is fun I am glad it happened.