Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

They picked him for his FOOTBALL IQ but it turns out you need a bare minimum of accuracy to succeed in the NFL and he didn't have it. The football IQ thing was also extremely fake. both things anyone would have known from watching him play a single loving game but clearly the Jets scouts were watching a specific youtube video instead.

I've seen a lot of bad college QB'ing in my time but Hackenberg was hilariously awful. He literally couldn't throw the ball. Of course the Jets drafted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

I've seen a lot of bad college QB'ing in my time but Hackenberg was hilariously awful. He literally couldn't throw the ball. Of course the Jets drafted him.

He had so many hilariously bad moments in college. The apex "drafed high just for being a white guy shaped like a quarterback" dude.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Like, I know he played a bit in one of those now defunct spring leagues. Can’t remember which one because it’s totally irrelevant and not worth remembering. And I know he looked like absolute garbage in it. Which only makes me sadder that we didn’t get to see him against an NFL defense.
Yeah, he got benched for being awful in the AAF.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seeing Hack live when he was supposedly (and very likely) at his "best", and then eeing an actual NFL team then draft him, at all, let alone way way way higher than he should have ever been sanely considered for? Beautiful. Nothing else like it

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hoping the Ravens learned zero lessons and made zero adjustments since the last game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lol at Bryce Hall being inactive. Lots of 3 safety looks and a heavy box incoming.

https://twitter.com/antwanstaley/status/1571523081729982464

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1571522126850527233

It's Tanner Conner time baby(I'm pretty surprised he's getting the nod over Carter at this point but hey). Trey Flowers is a go, too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bryce Huff shouldn't be inactive. He's a good player. I don't understand the way this roster is used at all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1571522126850527233

It's Tanner Conner time baby(I'm pretty surprised he's getting the nod over Carter at this point but hey). Trey Flowers is a go, too.

Pretty sure Cethan Carter had a concussion last week.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

Pretty sure Cethan Carter had a concussion last week.

oh right

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Bryce Huff shouldn't be inactive. He's a good player. I don't understand the way this roster is used at all.

It’s because Cleveland is going to run the ball a poo poo ton. It’s a fine move IMO.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Need to get Tindall some reps arg

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lol at Bryce Hall being inactive. Lots of 3 safety looks and a heavy box incoming.

https://twitter.com/antwanstaley/status/1571523081729982464

How do the Jets have a Bryce Huff, a Bryce Hall, and a Breece Hall?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

How do the Jets have a Bryce Huff, a Bryce Hall, and a Breece Hall?

And two Michaels Carter!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

next month Zach Wilson's starting against Russell Wilson

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Like, I know he played a bit in one of those now defunct spring leagues. Can’t remember which one because it’s totally irrelevant and not worth remembering. And I know he looked like absolute garbage in it. Which only makes me sadder that we didn’t get to see him against an NFL defense.

He played a lot for the Eagles in preseason when I think Carson Wentz was still recovering from his injury and they didn't want to risk Nick Foles. Hack looked just as bad playing against second half last game preseason scrubs as he did in the AAF. He was truly incredibly bad and I don't doubt for a second that he threw multiple balls into the reporters area during both Jets camps he was at.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Need to get Tindall some reps arg

he apparently came down with an illness last night

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If only they had a quarterback.

https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/1571523766928261121

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

Jakobi Myers: "I question what the plan is sometimes and how we're going to attack."

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1571521504751517696?s=20&t=7tI7MWWsF6wTz0yFtEWbgA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ehud posted:

lol

Jakobi Myers: "I question what the plan is sometimes and how we're going to attack."

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1571521504751517696?s=20&t=7tI7MWWsF6wTz0yFtEWbgA

Look Jakobi the success of the team and your own stats in a contract year takes a back seat to a years long plan to rehabilitate Matt Patricia’s reputation. Thems the breaks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

he apparently came down with an illness last night

Somehow someway this is the jets fault

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I can't believe we are about to lose to Mitchell Trubinsky

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I can't believe we are about to lose to Mitchell Trubinsky

The cure is sometimes painful.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
loving hell

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow a very rare special teams misstep

They missed a block in the back

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That is a loving catch.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You just love these 90 year old refs right on top of the play getting the call wrong and it's a blatant catch.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I’m watching on a bit of a delay but that’s for sure a catch

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ them calling that incomplete. It never loving ends with this team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shafted. Per usual.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Can't belive this line is actually holding up so far. Tua looks great with no pressure in his face.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Gonna be one of those games

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I both knew that was a catch and that they wouldn’t overturn the ruling on the field. loving bullshit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
poo poo.

That’s an insane pick. So close

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Welp. That kinda looked like Tyreek should have had it but I need to see another angle.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This game is gonna suck rear end, Jets are just letting themselves get paper cutted to death

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

is pepsi ok posted:

Welp. That kinda looked like Tyreek should have had it but I need to see another angle.

It was a late throw into very tight coverage. Tua's fault.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Every time it's third and long and Mac throws behind the sticks I lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Jets are just gonna let themselves get paper cutted to death