Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/GentlemanRegal/status/1571506840843730944?s=19

VINDICATION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kvlt! posted:

"but Roman got pushed too" does not negate anything I said.

"That's the way the industry is". I know, that's why I want it to change.

You should look at wrestling that isn't WWE and you'd find what you're looking for.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Burchill was clearly copying Pirates of the Carribbean and it was entertaining. So of course McMahon shelved it because his cheese brain didn't understand it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hasn't that story already made the rounds a dozen different times before?

It has to be wild to be someone like Burchill and have one goofy gimmick that lasted 3 months on the biggest stage become the entirety of your wrestling legacy. Or be, like, Eugene and get indy bookings based off that character where you have to try and portray it as 90% less offensive than what it was actually portrayed as.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DeepDickPizza posted:

you have to try and portray it as 90% less offensive than what it was actually portrayed as.

Pretty sure that wasn't an issue for him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it’s been a common story for a long time that Burchill was doing Sparrow but Vince didn’t get it so they had to evoke Errol Flynn or something. I guess Regal is just a first hand account confirmation?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Now somebody ask him about McMahon's inspiration for the "Burchill and Katarina are incestuous siblings" gimmick

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You should look at wrestling that isn't WWE and you'd find what you're looking for.

Oh yeah I'd say about 70% of modern wrestling I watch is indie, I was just complaining about the WWE specifically. I'm lucky to have a great indie scene near me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1569852537993396231?s=46&t=2P2ulnk9SfyNJvsehGA4AA

I wanna see Quincy vs Cody defending Dustin from gimmick infringement

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1569852537993396231?s=46&t=2P2ulnk9SfyNJvsehGA4AA

"This is as organic as it gets!"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1571700518237638658

Which of the last CYN roster members is this for EC3 or Austin Aries?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's clearly for Bray

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

"This is as organic as it gets!"

I lol'd

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
congrats to windham for getting the second best jefferson band song entrance in wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

congrats to windham for getting the second best jefferson band song entrance in wrestling

Imagine being so AEW-pilled that you pretend to like anything by Starship

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Im Wet Hot American Summerpilled

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
That Quincy guy already looks like he's disinterested with what he's doing

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah he has no facial expression whatsoever and is doing the most bargain bin Goldust impression I’ve ever seen. He’s not even doing the mannerisms when they’d make sense, he just seems to remember every couple of seconds that he needs to do a Goldust.

Did he at least ride his scooter to the ring?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd be unmotivated too if my attempt to do an authentic gay character had been distilled into a Goldust tribute act

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cosplay Goldust is some real :effort: booking

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

They were still Jefferson Starship when they recorded Freedom at Point Zero

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WeaponX posted:

Cosplay Goldust is some real :effort: booking

Cody will be tagging with him in less than a year

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rarity posted:

Cody Stardust will be tagging with him in less than a year

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

Definitely needs to slow down a bit in between things. He’s doing all of these taunts and mannerisms that don’t get space to breathe because he immediately moves to doing something else. That’ll come with time, though. Nothing here was like laughably bad or anything and I liked the running uppercut. He’ll probably be fine!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rarity posted:

Cody will be tagging with him in less than a year

In the renewed Global Force Wrestling, specifically.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

I'd be unmotivated too if my attempt to do an authentic gay character had been distilled into a Goldust tribute act

An outcome nobody could possibly have predicted. Truly it's a whole new WWE.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Almost thirty years later and the best they can do with a gay character is "Goldust but this time big and black"

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Almost thirty years later and the best they can do with a gay character is "Goldust but this time big and black"

Could be worse, they could have done a Big Daddy V tribute act. Wait, is that worse?

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 19, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WeaponX posted:

Could be worse, they have done a Big Daddy V tribute act. Wait, is that worse?

Finally we are ready for Big Daddy VI

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davidshoemaker/status/1571867318808113152?s=46&t=Pk5oZuucW9klN_Az8kOrVQ

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I love that little jab at Raw vs Smackdown having no storyline or purpose other than a single PPV gimmick that sometimes has build-up for 2-3 weeks and then immediately ends

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Tampa Bae posted:

I love that little jab at Raw vs Smackdown having no storyline or purpose other than a single PPV gimmick that sometimes has build-up for 2-3 weeks and then immediately ends
I'm assuming that we're getting The Alliance to End The Tribal Chief and I'd be lying if I didn't want Sammi to start off on Owen's team then stab him in the back to kickstart a proper WWE blood feud that lasts until mania

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Seems like the mens one will maybe be the bloodline vs whoever? Maybe Finn's group?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sad we'll no longer get to see Raw and SmackDown! Live Superstars compete in a Survivor Series Match for brand supremacy at the Survivor Series Premium Live Event.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm assuming that we're getting The Alliance to End The Tribal Chief and I'd be lying if I didn't want Sammi to start off on Owen's team then stab him in the back to kickstart a proper WWE blood feud that lasts until mania

So long as it ends in a triple cage match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Endless Mike posted:

I'm sad we'll no longer get to see Raw and SmackDown! Live Superstars compete in a Survivor Series Match for brand supremacy at the Survivor Series Premium Live Event.

Hopefully they can still compete in matches for brand supremacy at the Bragging Rights Premium Live Event

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Bring back Great Balls of Fire to see who has the hottest balls again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Queefy posted:

Bring back Great Balls of Fire to see who has the hottest balls again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Main roster Wargames will be cool but I'll miss the elimination tag matches. I always liked those.

Bloodline vs. a group led by KO is probably what will happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It'll be funny if instead of the everybody in the pool like 14 man tag match they've done of the preshow the last few years they do Jobber WarGames