Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/1571258189995294722?s=46&t=lSSvP8dVgk7CCZQH4q4n5Q

https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/1571510149021372421?s=46&t=lSSvP8dVgk7CCZQH4q4n5Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1571272928162992128

Look at the youths in the audience of this youth conference. Those are some youthful youths.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TBF, for the GOP it is. Some of them might even be millenials (45 years old)!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Matt Gaetz really shouldn't be within a hundred meters of any youths anyway.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mak0rz posted:

Matt Gaetz really shouldn't be within a hundred meters of any youths anyway.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Matt Gaetz and 500 other balding Republicans: hey I heard this is where the youths at

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Tyranny of the majority" is a real thing, but it tends to apply to laws that are oppressive to the unvoiced minority or that unfairly favor that same majority. It's not "literally any time something wins popular vote", the way so many right wingers frame it, and either way the Republican solution is to just award the win to their own whiny conservative minority anyway, which is the exact same problem of a group of people imposing their unfair will on the entire nation, but now it's way worse because it doesn't even have popular support.

As for the accusation that most people would agree with a dictator who held all their political views, it feels like this is just the old reductive both-sides argument. "You want your policies enacted, Republicans want their policies enacted, what's the difference???" as if a policy cannot actually be good or bad.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Neito posted:

TBF, for the GOP it is. Some of them might even be millenials (45 years old)!

I hate generational dividers but as someone who is very solidly in the middle of Gen X I find it really funny every time someone posts "well actually" about millenials and their maximum age gets higher

I'm in my mid 40s and tomorrow someone's going to try to own the boomers by saying millenials are actually like 50 or something. Just lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hate generational dividers but as someone who is very solidly in the middle of Gen X I find it really funny every time someone posts "well actually" about millenials and their maximum age gets higher

I'm in my mid 40s and tomorrow someone's going to try to own the boomers by saying millenials are actually like 50 or something. Just lol

you aren't in the middle of gen X. Like me you are closer to the end if you are mid 40s.

The oldest millenials are 42 this year, having been born in 1980

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yes. Correct. Millennials are not 45 years old. Thank you.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Did you know Kate Beaton used to post on SA? What happened?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Such Fun posted:

she saw your posting

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I rounded. Sue me in GoonCourt.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Are you a loving snopes editor? What is this

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Elephant Ambush posted:

Isn’t this just how time works?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Ed Cruz on the stage at that conference: How do you do, fellow millennials

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Such Fun posted:

goons happened
She wasn't some prolific SA poster or something.
iirc she was recommended the site by goons who liked her comics, popped in and got flooded by people being weird to her and left.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

goons happened
She wasn't some prolific SA poster or something.
iirc she was recommended the site by goons who liked her comics, popped in and got flooded by people being weird to her and left.

It wasn't even that. She checked the forums out, posted a little bit, then just moved on. Goons have been self-flagellating about it ever since.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tenebrais posted:

It wasn't even that. She checked the forums out, posted a little bit, then just moved on. Goons have been self-flagellating about it ever since.
I mean those two stories still mesh. But I also never have seen anyone self-flagellate about it. It's always framed as "I just post on SA with my pals, now that weirdo, they're a typical loving goony goon goon! They're from <subforum>!"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i could have fixed her

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
seems unfair to name the gen after Z , alpha, clearly we should loop back to A through W and then do alpha-and then the rest of either the greek or phonetic alphabet.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

You sure you're gen X and not a boomer? Because that's how you're coming across...

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We don’t have enough time left for that, we should have just skipped right to generation omega

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

World War Mammories posted:

i could have fixed her

It was the forums - not her - that needed fixing. You could have broke her!

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Kate used to get occasional mentions on Twitter.com from Goons letting her know that the scary weird goons (the other ones) were all gone and it was a very different forums so she could come back and post normal things with her posting buddies now. Her response was nearly always a variation on "I literally don't remember your forums but I have no idea how this is supposed to make me less creeped out".

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/jj_mccullough/status/1571484918122700800?s=46

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

darkwasthenight posted:

Kate used to get occasional mentions on Twitter.com from Goons letting her know that the scary weird goons (the other ones) were all gone and it was a very different forums so she could come back and post normal things with her posting buddies now. Her response was nearly always a variation on "I literally don't remember your forums but I have no idea how this is supposed to make me less creeped out".

Goon recruitment seems like a doomed proposition to begin with. Nevermind someone that some people actually know of.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
She's got a new graphic memoir book out. It's about working in the Alberta oil industry.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/sep/12/ducks-by-kate-beaton-review-two-years-in-oil-sands-bad-boys-from-the-blackstuff

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

hmm it's almost like the two nations have different relationships with the british monarchy!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol @ people who turn out to have lives beyond the forum slapfight extended universe

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Time was, there'd be a Photoshop Phriday centered around inserting things into her gaping maw of falsity, because god knows there's enough images out there of it wide open

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/abc/status/722612967313903616

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

cw: sexual assault

Lemniscate Blue has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Sep 19, 2022

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

"come on, man, I thought you liked me"

Somebody has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Sep 19, 2022

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

:allbuttons:

Somebody has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Sep 19, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can we not

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Unfortunately, it seems as though we as a country are unable to not.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Isn’t this just how time works?

Imagine four boomers on the edge of a cliff.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/RepJackKimble/status/1571475159239770112?s=20&t=rXCnJpwaE2p4BM6lAYGjyQ

cw: sexual assault

That is an absolutely brutal image, and could stand spoiler tags and a cw:sexual assault. Note: it is in no way an inaccurate or inappropriate metaphor, just hard to handle and maybe not right for this thread.

Agents are GO! has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Sep 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It is a parody account.

Good joke tweet tho