Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gotta watch the Young Indy show too or it's not a real marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

NotJustANumber99 posted:

theyre filming number 5 now

Nah, you’ve slid into the better universe. We traded having Liz Truss as Prime Minister for George Lucas dying in the 80s

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jedit posted:

Why are you skipping Temple of Doom?

Because there's a 24-hour queue for it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Scientastic posted:

Nah, you’ve slid into the better universe. We traded having Liz Truss as Prime Minister for George Lucas dying in the 80s

Yeah, just after Howard the Duck 2 came out.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bessantj posted:

I heard one reporter call the queue a "healing moment" so now the queue itself has become holy.
She got confused and thought that hospitals are full of queues and so therefore

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...

bessantj posted:

I heard one reporter call the queue a "healing moment" so now the queue itself has become holy.

Hurriedly writing a "the queue is just like the 2012 olympic opening ceremony" think piece and becoming the most respected columnist in the UK.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Remember never to say "because in both cases they removed all the homeless from the area" because the libs don't like that.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I've (mostly) cleared stuff out of the cupboard under the stairs so tomorrow I'll swab it out with dettol and decide which apocalypse emergency stores go on which shelf. Also some stuff from the smaller cupboard can go into the attic too. And piles of books back on shelves so I'll have clear space on the floor.

Moving stuff around my house started out like one of those sliding block puzzles but it's gradually getting easier as stuff gets chucked/donated...

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I think I'll take the opportunity of washing my big fluffy throw in the communal washing machine on the assumption that most of the old dears will be watching the funeral and also our lift is out of action (because noone will come out until Tuesday to fix it - been out since Thursday apparently I wasn't here to know.) so some of them quite literally cannot get up there.

Also, started making the frames to hold my tertiary insulation panels for the windows so carry on with that.

Runcible Cat posted:

Moving stuff around my house started out like one of those sliding block puzzles but it's gradually getting easier as stuff gets chucked/donated...

My flat has been like that, gradually letting go of more stuff. Got rid of loads before I moved in, and in the last approx 18 months got rid of approx another 700 litres of stuff.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Boo hiss - my sister is having a funeral watching party at her house tomorrow and I'm not invited.
Can't think why not. Ahem.
:qq:

Now I’m wondering if anyone’s posted a ‘queens funeral drinking game’ anywhere

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m going to be spending the day respectfully eating whatever scraps of food I can find around the flat as I’ve been away since Wednesday and all the chuffing shops are staying shut.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Temporary jobs! Someone might be interested.

At the Royal Mint, South Wales, Llantrisant - temp jobs - £12.64 ph - 39h per week (average over 3 week shift rota)

What does the job entail
Wrapping and packing bespoke products to the highest of standards

https://www.totaljobs.com/job/production-operative/pmp-recruitment-job98702961

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Another absolutely classic clueless clunker of a tweet from a man the BBC holds up as an ancient wise man of world affairs.

https://twitter.com/JohnSimpsonNews/status/1571554392691863553

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Noxville posted:

Now I’m wondering if anyone’s posted a ‘queens funeral drinking game’ anywhere

Every time the queen is still dead, you take a drink

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Another absolutely classic clueless clunker of a tweet from a man the BBC holds up as an ancient wise man of world affairs.

I saw somewhere it was about 750,000 in the queue. There were about a million in the anti-Iraq war demo I was on and someone said there were about 2 million on the 2nd EU ref demos.

Monday:

Around 250 extra rail services will run - including some overnight trains - and National Highways has suspended planned motorway closures across England.

So railworkers not allowed time off for respects? Can't figure out if working or not working is respects.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Temporary jobs! Someone might be interested.

At the Royal Mint, South Wales, Llantrisant - temp jobs - £12.64 ph - 39h per week (average over 3 week shift rota)

What does the job entail
Wrapping and packing bespoke products to the highest of standards

https://www.totaljobs.com/job/production-operative/pmp-recruitment-job98702961

The 'bespoke products' are old stock with an X drawn over the queen.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

bessantj posted:

Each year from now, Queuemas will be held in September. By 2030, the first Queuemas decorations will start going up at the start of summer.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

So railworkers not allowed time off for respects? Can't figure out if working or not working is respects.

Presumably there is a kind of moral calculus at play, so the negative respect of the railworkers working is more than outweighed by the positive respect of the extra mourners.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

TACD posted:

I’m going to be spending the day respectfully eating whatever scraps of food I can find around the flat as I’ve been away since Wednesday and all the chuffing shops are staying shut.

Our local co-op and a 'one-stop' (post office / general store) are both opening 5pm-10pm tomorrow. Any near you?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
On the plus side, it looks like my trains are running as usual - if National Rail Enquiries can be believed.
Not sure I entirely believe it; but even if they are, I'm sure Greater Anglia will find a reason to delay/cancel my train anyway.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Our bins are being collected in the morning, which surprised me.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

smellmycheese posted:

it gets better

https://twitter.com/JohnSimpsonNews/status/1571573265830649863

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Clarence posted:

My bin collection was yesterday instead of tomorrow lol good thing I definitely checked before now and won't have a black bag sitting here for another two weeks.

loving Lizzy ruining everything still.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Clarence posted:

I have a blood test appointment at the surgery tomorrow morning. I guess giving blood for the queen is apt

talking of which, i was having fun with the starryai app tonight.

with a bonus of Nadine and Boris snogging on the steps of No.10. I have no idea who the 3rd person is...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
theres 4 people, it looks like mat hancock and his bird

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

happyhippy posted:

Just heard, the UK is changing to a new calendar and time system.
The 24 hour clock is being moved. Instead of 0000 being midnight, it will now start when the Queen is finally laid to rest.
Monday to be permanently renamed to Mournday, and will now be an extra day of rest.
A new law will be shortly passed so that everything will stop on this day
2022 AD will cease to exist from Tuesday onward. Instead it will now be 1 AL (After Liz).

The Quenix Epoch

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wait the most respected bbc reporter ever is an absolute dolt?!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Our local co-op and a 'one-stop' (post office / general store) are both opening 5pm-10pm tomorrow. Any near you?
Yeah I hunted around a bit and I think there’s an ASDA opening after 5, but TBH at that point I’ll have been respectfully slouching around in my underwear all day and will probably not be bothered to leave the house

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If you don't immediately Google every public person to see if where they went to school charges fees then I don't even know.

(The answer is yes, yes they did)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

I have a blood test appointment at the surgery tomorrow morning. I guess giving blood for the queen is apt

talking of which, i was having fun with the starryai app tonight.

i'd be a monarchist if the royal family got on like that

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Hello magazine would be pure slapstick :allears:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"I'll have that one, Mummy!"

"One's Royal Swan is ready, your Highnesses!"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Royal Family directed by Chris Cunningham

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i honestly sometimes wish i was a person who enjoyed joining in and i'd get whatever these people are getting out of standing in a queue to look at a flag draped over a box

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i have always detested joining in, going right back to the hokey cokey

i thought everyone looked SILLY :mad:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

crispix posted:

i honestly sometimes wish i was a person who enjoyed joining in and i'd get whatever these people are getting out of standing in a queue to look at a flag draped over a box

I mean - I don't think it's actually that hard to understand. It's bollocks, it's stupid, it should be done away with, but it's not *mysterious*.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's like mystery box on the YouTube but it's monarchy box and you're not allowed to unbox it.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot to be deliberately silent at 8pm. I was actually silent, because I was eating my meal but it was accidental respect.

Runcible Cat posted:

I've (mostly) cleared stuff out of the cupboard under the stairs so tomorrow I'll swab it out with dettol and decide which apocalypse emergency stores go on which shelf. Also some stuff from the smaller cupboard can go into the attic too. And piles of books back on shelves so I'll have clear space on the floor.

I really need to sort out my store cupboards, and chuck a load of stuff on Ebay, but I never seem to have a good run of time to do it. Seriously contemplating taking a day off work so I can make a start.

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Because there's a 24-hour queue for it

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

HopperUK posted:

I mean - I don't think it's actually that hard to understand. It's bollocks, it's stupid, it should be done away with, but it's not *mysterious*.

no i meant what those people are feeling and what motivates them to do what they're doing. that is mysterious imo