Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Contentbrained people trying to ruin fishing smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zeruel posted:

Fishing's fine, but tidy up the bait and poo poo though.

Also make it so fish aren't so loving rare. Still don't have a Phalliana

Fishing is fine. I recently started really focusing on finishing up my fishing log and yeah, there are some annoying fish, but fishing isn't something you rush.

quote:

Current count as of 8/7/22 - 566 unique fish. 46 big fish. 13558 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 8/9/22 - 611 unique fish. 70 big fish. 13991 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 8/11/22 - 647 unique fish. 84 big fish. 14385 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 8/13/22 - 661 unique fish. 97 big fish. 14679 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 8/15/22 - 714 unique fish. 117 big fish. 15002 lifetime total fish caught. <- ARR 100% Completed
Current count as of 8/17/22 - 760 unique fish. 131 big fish. 15371 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 8/19/22 - 808 unique fish. 149 big fish. 15805 lifetime total fish caught. <- Final 6 HW Fish. Moving to StB.
Current count as of 8/21/22 - 863 unique fish. 157 big fish. 16181 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 8/23/22 - 948 unique fish. 162 big fish. 16653 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 8/29/22 - 987 unique fish. 178 big fish. 17021 lifetime total fish caught.
Current count as of 9/05/22 - 1162 unique fish. 193 big fish. 17884 lifetime total fish caught. <- 3 HW fish, 16 StB fish remain. Started ShB.
Current count as of 9/12/22 - 1209 unique fish. 198 big fish. 18166 lifetime total fish caught. <- Starting EW because why not. RIP Inventory.

I've been working from home the last month so it gave me a lot of time to fish.

At the current point, I have 0 ARR fish left, 2 HW fish, 9 StB, and the rest are across Shb/EW. Only have 50 total fish that are on timer. A lot of these will be fishing that I will likely be chasing for months at this point as some of them have very long down times.

Fishing is good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ibram Gaunt posted:

ME: I'm tranquil, I'm calm, I'm sitting on my stool listening to tunes and watching the water rush over my line. I might catch the big fish, I might not, but the beauty of it is in the waiting and the stillness.

Horribly damage people forgotten by god: Ugh i have to automate this and do it optimally and they should change it so I can just guarantee everything.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

ME: I'm tranquil, I'm calm, I'm sitting on my stool listening to tunes and watching the water rush over my line. I might catch the big fish, I might not, but the beauty of it is in the waiting and the stillness.

Horribly damage people forgotten by god: Ugh i have to automate this and do it optimally and they should change it so I can just guarantee everything.

That's not a very tranquil thing to say, pal. :clint:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Fishing is fine. I recently started really focusing on finishing up my fishing log and yeah, there are some annoying fish, but fishing isn't something you rush.

I've been working from home the last month so it gave me a lot of time to fish.

At the current point, I have 0 ARR fish left, 2 HW fish, 9 StB, and the rest are across Shb/EW. Only have 50 total fish that are on timer. A lot of these will be fishing that I will likely be chasing for months at this point as some of them have very long down times.

Fishing is good.

oh neat, tallies.
:checks log, coughs, chokes: 40,514 fish caught

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Important fishing question glow off or glow on?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

On at night.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Always on, so that I can see how it bounces on bite in case I miss the sound.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

my rod glows so I don't need the nightlight

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

simply point to a glamour or title they were previously unaware of that requires more than one (1) person to redirect their fury

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
violently vibrating as I gaze at frontline wins mounts

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i'm never taking off Of Dragons Deep

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
They should give you a 4-person fishing boat mount if you 100% your fishing log, including all EW fish.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

World War Mammories posted:

i'm never taking off Of Dragons Deep

I earned <Big Fish>, it's basically an ultimate, never taking it off.

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
Fishing is just gacha for boomers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

can you fish on the animal crossing island? i would check but i have never unlocked fishing

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

<Big Fish> should give some insane adventurer plate customizations like Ultimates do.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

<Big Fish> should give some insane adventurer plate customizations like Ultimates do.

:yeah:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I will not engage with fishing i just want to see those plates out there

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I thought this until I saw the 3 mil ocean fishing title. I'll be a grandmaster troller someday!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Done 3/3 Nier wings and 2/3 Eden wings, I'll push MSQ some more. 5.1 done and oh boy, fighting Weapons!

oh no now I'm sad

Oh sweet a love letter to giant robot anime!

help I'm sad again

What the gently caress is this exciting new psychopath :staredog:

I love the WoL's dialogue choices progressively getting more sarcastic and unhinged. :allears:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 18, 2022

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

See? This is why you people are dogshit at fishing. you think this is necessary to the experience of Fishing.

Absolutely pathetic go back to fishing kindergarten.

Literally just got done saying I ain't doing any of that, but keep being mad about fishing.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doomykins posted:

Done 3/3 Nier wings and 2/3 Eden wings, I'll push MSQ some more. 5.1 done and oh boy, fighting Weapons!

oh no now I'm sad

Oh sweet a love letter to giant robot anime!

help I'm sad again

What the gently caress is this exciting new psychopath :staredog:

I love the WoL's dialogue choices progressively getting more sarcastic and unhinged. :allears:

I really need to get around to doing bozja

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

blatman posted:

can you fish on the animal crossing island? i would check but i have never unlocked fishing

nope. there are underwater gathering nodes that give fish once you unlock the spear tool though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if some form of fishing is one of the updates they add to the island in the future.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dareon posted:

Literally just got done saying I ain't doing any of that, but keep being mad about fishing.

Is that post quoting you?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol I didn't even notice that

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Were you talking about a singular person? Did you somehow go back and delete the post telling me to get good?

Ah hell, I'm definitely the only one being mad here. I even went and found the dril "please don't put in the paper that i was mad" tweet to solidify my burn. I think I need lunch.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna push MSQ today

I was gonna

I was

Beat Emerald Weapon

John Fuckin' Sadden over here. :qq:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Doomykins posted:

I was gonna push MSQ today

I was gonna

I was

Beat Emerald Weapon

John Fuckin' Sadden over here. :qq:

This storyline absolutely hosed me up

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I think Zen's post was tongue in cheek aggro not actual aggro

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

S.J. posted:

This storyline absolutely hosed me up

Love when Square shows that side of them that absolutely loves messed up sci fi nightmares. When they go dark they go absurdly dark since the days of like FF2. This is ghoulish parts of FF7 stuff right here.

spoilers: 5.1 on, Weapons storyline

drat!

bonus spoiler: Much like Vauthry I am now counting down until I punch this guy. Also never stop having fun with your body animation and expression rigging, Square.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FF14: "Here's a bunch of bad guys who have some shred of sympathy behind their motivations. You still need to kick their rear end though."
Also FF14: this loving guy.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
You're not having a proper fishing experience if you're not drinking for the duration.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bruceski posted:

FF14: "Here's a bunch of bad guys who have some shred of sympathy behind their motivations. You still need to kick their rear end though."
Also FF14: this loving guy.

Absolutely. Sometimes the best bad guy is the absolute bottom of the barrel scum.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Anyone know what happened in the CC tournament with “Sweet Dolla Tea”? Saw this on the Revival Discord:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Doomykins posted:

Love when Square shows that side of them that absolutely loves messed up sci fi nightmares. When they go dark they go absurdly dark since the days of like FF2. This is ghoulish parts of FF7 stuff right here.

spoilers: 5.1 on, Weapons storyline

drat!

bonus spoiler: Much like Vauthry I am now counting down until I punch this guy. Also never stop having fun with your body animation and expression rigging, Square.

The blue arm splurting through the cabin is the genre of horror I like, absolutely disturbing. More : Valens is 100% a non-redeemable over the top evil villain and exactly what he needed to be, dude is right behind Asahi on my murder-asap-list
This whole storyline is bonkers both in actual cool gameplay fights and everything happening, you get a freaking Gundam and then 10min laters you get your soul crushed.
I remember doing (spoiler fist boss name) Ruby weapon, the fight itself was no joke with poo poo to dodge and weird mechanics to figure out, and then Nael van loving Darnus awakens and the P2 starts with the whole Cartenau battle and 7th Umbral Calamity happening in the background ? I was not ready for this :D
Also it gave us one of the best track of the game during the (spoiler second boss name) Emerald weapon fight :
The black wolf stalks again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMeXRA7RDY

It's legit a crime this is not available on spotify.

e:

Subjunctive posted:

Anyone know what happened in the CC tournament with “Sweet Dolla Tea”? Saw this on the Revival Discord:

Maybe they used one of the pvp mods for auto targetting ?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Runa posted:

lol I didn't even notice that

Conversations are hard.

Dareon posted:

Were you talking about a singular person?

if you don't do the thing I specifically bolded and quoted in someone else's post in a reply to that post maybe that post was neither about you nor directed in response to you. Thanks for reading!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
There are so many ways that crystalline conflicts brings out the worst in the stock UI, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a big chunk of dedicated pvp players use UI mods. The lack of support for smartcasting or good click-based targeting via nameplate is constantly frustrating. If it didn't require trusting a third party launcher I'd do it myself in a nanosecond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, finished the RDM 70 quest. Meaning now I can go to Eureka if I want to.

...just let me finish up with Island Sanctuary. And try to beat P5S. And maybe level GBN to 90. And