Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ThermoPhysical posted:

How else does one transfer photos and video? I’ve tried waiting for iCloud to sync and it’s an absolute pain.

Airdrop
Onedrive
Google Drive
Box

Hell, you can setup a file share on a Mac or Windows client and do it that way if you want.

edit: FWIW iCloud seems fine to me. I took a photo with my iPhone and over wifi, it took about a minute for it to pop on my photos app on my Mac. Took about 2 minutes over cellular.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

My phones aren't supposed to be here until the end of October. This makes me sad. Come on ATT!!

Thinking about trying the Magsafe wallet instead of my go to Mujjo this time. If anyone has wallet case recs let me know. Doesn't need to allow charging.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ThermoPhysical posted:

How else does one transfer photos and video? I’ve tried waiting for iCloud to sync and it’s an absolute pain.

Yeah I just started with music files over lightning and it only took about an hour.

Not great but going forward it’ll be easy to keep up.

(About 9k songs atm)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HungryMedusa posted:

My phones aren't supposed to be here until the end of October. This makes me sad. Come on ATT!!

Thinking about trying the Magsafe wallet instead of my go to Mujjo this time. If anyone has wallet case recs let me know. Doesn't need to allow charging.

They’ll likely ship sooner. Carriers learned long ago just give a crazy long term data and ship sooner when they’re actually available.

Seriously, if you tell a customer “this ships for October 7” and it arrives October 9, you are a loving villain. But if you say “this ships for October 15,” and they get it October 9 you are a goddamn hero.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

HungryMedusa posted:

A wallet case I’d check out the mous. I used them before and they have an accessory thing going on that you can attach different things if it tickles your fancy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

HungryMedusa posted:

Ive been using the MagSafe wallet for a while now and it's fine. It holds 2-3 cards max so as long as you can function like that, you'll be fine.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That what I use. I have my ID, a credit card for places that don’t accept ApplePay, and my car key. You’d be surprised all the crap in your wallet you never use but carry around all day.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Listen I might need this half-used Panchero’s punch card someday.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

They’ll likely ship sooner. Carriers learned long ago just give a crazy long term data and ship sooner when they’re actually available.

Seriously, if you tell a customer “this ships for October 7” and it arrives October 9, you are a loving villain. But if you say “this ships for October 15,” and they get it October 9 you are a goddamn hero.

This is what I was hoping and also I want it now!

jabro posted:

A wallet case I’d check out the mous. I used them before and they have an accessory thing going on that you can attach different things if it tickles your fancy.

These look pretty nice, I like they have the horizontal layout for cards.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ive been using the MagSafe wallet for a while now and it's fine. It holds 2-3 cards max so as long as you can function like that, you'll be fine.

I have been going strong with one credit card and my ID so this should work. I am hoping to dump the physical CC but a lot of places around me don't take apple pay and that is a huge bummer

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t think I could handle the stress of having my cards in my phone case. I need them separate so the wallet and phone are insurance against each other.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Snowy posted:

I don’t think I could handle the stress of having my cards in my phone case. I need them separate so the wallet and phone are insurance against each other.

That’s kind of how I feel too.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

It's basically like having a purse. I have never been a purse carrier, so phone and ID together feels natural.

Forgetting the whole thing somewhere or being robbed of it would be a huge pain in the rear end, but it's the same as if I was carrying it all in a huge bag. Having them together almost makes me more vigilant.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lol one of the main reasons I started fresh was to try and get out of the ‘weird storage use’ poo poo that always happens, and I’m one day in and Music is reporting as eating up 6gb of data in the settings > usage page, but apparently (and correctly) there are 0 songs on here according to both Music itself and the About pane.

How is it *still* so hard for a phone system that’s nearly 15 years in to accurately tell you what is using up what.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
pretty sure ios stores all of your icloud data on a personal blockchain, so that's why it's always growing. you wouldn't want your backups to be funged, would you?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I move my photos / videos and poo poo with iMazing over WiFi, easy as pie

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Nuts and Gum posted:

It’s not a bump it’s a built in stand!

Seriously I’ve wanted this for so long. I love having a pop socket but it stops the wireless puck from connecting.

Pop sockets are for degenerates. Someone in this thread needs to say it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Grumbles posted:

Like selfie sticks

Naked phone weekend continues until I get a spigen clearcase in the mail monday.

It feels odd having a $1200 lump in your pocket. Watched someone drop her phone today at work from chest height just randomly and wondered what that would feel like for me without even a little bumper on there.

Oh well

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Lol one of the main reasons I started fresh was to try and get out of the ‘weird storage use’ poo poo that always happens, and I’m one day in and Music is reporting as eating up 6gb of data in the settings > usage page, but apparently (and correctly) there are 0 songs on here according to both Music itself and the About pane.

How is it *still* so hard for a phone system that’s nearly 15 years in to accurately tell you what is using up what.

Stebe wouldn’t want you to know things like this, you just always have to assume the phone knows better than you.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Snowy posted:

That’s why you keep just one card in the wallet case on the phone. Saved my rear end several times when running to the store and I forgot my wallet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Grumbles posted:

Ok old man. lol

Literally an entire generation of zoomers and millennials use ‘em. But now you’ll go, “you proved my point!!!” :cheeky:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You kind of got it backwards. The kids think they're for olds now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I only brought up pop sockets because I wanted to make a joke about the size of the camera housing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

You kind of got it backwards. The kids think they're for olds now.

Millennials are the middle aged/starting to become the olds now lmao

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Ok old man. lol

Literally an entire generation of zoomers and millennials use ‘em. But now you’ll go, “you proved my point!!!” :cheeky:

The panicked words of a degenerate.

edit: there's no shame in the path you've chosen in life, but it's still important to recognise its sordid and salacious nature

The Grumbles fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 18, 2022

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
When I search for “bird” in photos I get some pictures of things that aren’t birds. Is there a way to help train the ai by telling it there are no birds in the picture?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

anyone having weird mage safe charging issues? I only have one in my car and it seems to constantly lose connection with the phone, shows charging and not charging every other minute. never had the issue with my 12 pro. does it need to draw more power or something?

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

When I search for “bird” in photos I get some pictures of things that aren’t birds. Is there a way to help train the ai by telling it there are no birds in the picture?

Or the converse, that there is such an object in this picture? KTHX.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

You have to wait for enough people to try to log in to apple websites.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Millennials are the middle aged/starting to become the olds now lmao

Sure, but zoomers are still The Kids for another 5 years or so.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Boris Galerkin posted:

Teach the AI that birds aren’t real.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Teach the AI that birds aren’t real.

They are real though. Video evidence:

🔊

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

:siren: The Find My 'play sound' is different in iOS 16 if you haven't heard it yet. It's not configurable. I liked the older one better! This one's a bit louder though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Had to go back to the Apple Store today to get a smaller band for my watch. I thought I needed a larger one, but it ended up too big. I got there early and waited in the line before the store opened and this boomer behind me started talking to me. He needed a new charger cable. He then told me about how his wife forgot her phone on vacation a couple years ago and got his accounts compromised. As soon as he mentioned that Brave browser, I just knew it would only be a matter of time until he mentioned Hilary's emails. Took like five minutes.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
iphone, the PATRIOT'S choice

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

"You know you'll have to ditch all of this if you ever go on the run."

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

There’s a bug in the iOS 16 Apple TV remote app where pasted text doesn’t get sent to the tv and it’s killing me.

The best way I know to watch out of market sports on my tv is to send a stream url from my phone to Quadstream on my Apple TV. Without the remote app I’m stuck.

On the upside, airplay works much better in the background than the last time I tried it.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

"so was climbing the Capital wall fun, or what?"

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

As soon as he mentioned that Brave browser, I just knew it would only be a matter of time until he mentioned Hilary's emails. Took like five minutes.

What's wrong with Brave, exactly?...was what I was going to say until I went to their site and realized they've really leaned into the free-dum types. I can accomplish everything Brave says with Firefox and a few plugins without my browser mining crypto or wherever those brave crypto tokens are coming from.

:911:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Snuffman posted:

What's wrong with Brave, exactly?...was what I was going to say until I went to their site and realized they've really leaned into the free-dum types. I can accomplish everything Brave says with Firefox and a few plugins without my browser mining crypto or wherever those brave crypto tokens are coming from.

:911:

I also love Firefox, but Brave is my Chromium browser of choice. It's really easy to disable the crypto stuff, and it's pretty fast and stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I’m gonna have to switch from Chrome to Firefox as my main on my PC because word is that a Chromium change happening in 2023 will permanently break ublock origin