Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Vikar Jerome posted:

the hacker is claiming it wasnt theirs wallet, so someone just got scammed by bitcon.

Please, SWEET MERCIFUL GOD, I hope this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember everyone to screenshot whatever posts you think might be interesting, many of them will not be long for this world

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember everyone to screenshot whatever posts you think might be interesting, many of them will not be long for this world

ok

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

but if I mint them as NFTs they'll live forever on the blockchain!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:allears:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

All those ransomware attacks ended up getting traced and domestic/extraditable attackers were arrested though because feds and interpol have their hands in crypto.

This kid better hope his government isn’t willing to hand him over to the feds for stealing game code like the HL2 guy. He almost ended up boarding a plane that would’ve landed him right in prison except the German police arrested him themselves, hit him with some light penalties, and convinced him to go white hat for them.

I always wondered what happened there. Jesus what a legend.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I don't see how this hurts Rockstar at all lol. Do people think someone is going to make their own GTA game with the stolen code and then when GTA comes out it's not going to sell a billion trillion copies anyway?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

#VindicatedVikar

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

mcmagic posted:

I don't see how this hurts Rockstar at all lol. Do people think someone is going to make their own GTA game with the stolen code and then when GTA comes out it's not going to sell a billion trillion copies anyway?
I've been seeing a number of people say things like "They have no choice but to scrap development of GTA6...this is the end of Rockstar".

:dafuq:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Volte posted:

I've been seeing a number of people say things like "They have no choice but to scrap development of GTA6...this is the end of Rockstar".

Huh?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It could gently caress up monetisation of the online parts by making it even more trivial to cheat undetected.

This hurts Rockstar because they like money.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

Chinese game developers are going to finish the code and put out some cheap gta knockoff

Also competitors can see what new features and ideas take two was working on for their new gta game, aka the market leader in the industry so they can start implanting that stuff in their projects

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Volte posted:

Yeah that exact angle is dumb no doubt. I mostly feel bad for the people who had the game they’ve been working on revealed by some random jerks online instead of officially in the way they want it shown off. It might seem dumb to outside people but leaks definitely hurt a dev team.

GTA6 will still be a massively high rated money making extravaganza there’s no doubt about that lol

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If anything this leak increased the hype om GTA6. For once I'm a bit interested as by the time it releases I should have a new console to play it properly.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Leaks loving suck, but the biggest game in the world made by the most moneygrubbing company getting leaked is also somehow entertaining.

I hope the GTA girl with the hella 'donk still comes out eventually tho

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thicc girl with guns got my attention so

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

every game would be massively improved if you could play as a girl with a big ol dumper and lots of guns

this is my main issue with tetris over the years

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
100% guarantee this hack will be the end of work from home jobs

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Guillermus posted:

Thicc girl with guns got my attention so

:same:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3jSE-aykQ

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Noob Saibot posted:

100% guarantee this hack will be the end of work from home jobs

lol no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

mcmagic posted:

If the stolen information includes GTAV (and by extension GTA Online)'s codebase this would completely compromise GTA Online's security and would require a shitload of time to overcome

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1571569755764424704

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I always wondered what happened there. Jesus what a legend.

The interview with him is worth a read. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/06/what-drove-one-half-life-2-super-fan-to-hack-into-valves-servers/?amp=1

He definitely seems like a different sort of person from whoever or whatever group did this Rockstar thing. He was young and curious and admits he didn’t consider that he was making the lives of people he admired a lot more difficult for no reason. That came later with age.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If the stolen information includes GTAV (and by extension GTA Online)'s codebase this would completely compromise GTA Online's security and would require a shitload of time to overcome

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1571569755764424704

Sucks a lot :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

the hacker is claiming it wasnt theirs wallet, so someone just got scammed by bitcon.

Lmaoooooooo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GTA Online never had good cheat detection or safety measures in place anyways. The source code is unlikely to make that any worse. It also depends on how old it is.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Just so everyone is up to speed on the hacker and how they did this:

-They claim to have done the uber hack the other day
-They claim to be 18 years old
-It sounds like they are from UAE based on gtaforum info
-Both the uber hack and the rockstar hack was done by getting into their slack by posing lol as an IT manager lmao and asking two dumbass employees for their login data at both companies lololol
-hacker claims they had no idea a leak for the newest entry in a very popular game that people have been waiting near 10 years to see would go viral.
-hacker claims to have gta5 and 6 source codes but wants 5 digits for gta5sc (hes loving 18 remember, he is lowballing, no idea what hes doing here lol) and he is not selling gta6 but wants rockstar to contact him, assumingly for ransom.
-a cryptobro got scammed out of 100k of apes or whatever the gently caress it is.
-hacker has deleted their telegram because they believe their location to be compromised. Still posting on gtaforums but now bunch of fake accounts have sprung up on twitter fighting each other over who the real hacker is while they claim to "unleash hell" tomorrow if rockstar doesnt pay the ransom. This is real life.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 19, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vikar Jerome posted:

Holy poo poo :lol:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

-Both the uber hack and the rockstar hack was done by getting into their slack by posing lol as an IT manager lmao and asking two dumbass employees for their login data at both companies lololol
-hacker claims they had no idea a leak for the newest entry in a very popular game that people have been waiting near 10 years to see would go viral.
-hacker claims to have gta5 and 6 source codes but wants 5 digits for gta5sc (hes loving 18 remember, he is lowballing, no idea what hes doing here lol) and he is not selling gta6 but wants rockstar to contact him, assumingly for ransom.
-a cryptobro got scammed out of 100k of apes or whatever the gently caress it is.
-hacker has deleted their telegram because they believe their location to be compromised. Still posting on gtaforums but now bunch of fake accounts have sprung up on twitter fighting each other over who the real hacker is while they claim to "unleash hell" tomorrow if rockstar doesnt pay the ransom. This is real life.

lmao

Snowcow posted:

That is one seriously big booty latina :eyepop:

lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Modern Warfare 2 beta is open to everyone today through Tuesday, I believe, and then again from the 22nd to the 26th.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Snowcow posted:

That is one seriously big booty latina :eyepop:
Is there a booty size slider?

Or maybe they're using the horse testicle technology to change her booty size depending on her emotional state?

Or maybe each character has a unique skill just like in GTA5, and hers is Booty Skill?

Makes you think.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

if anyone gets a physical copy of TLOU1 and wants to sell it when they're done hmu

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The rockstar hacker claiming to be from the UAE is a bit interesting to me because that is on the shortlist of countries where GTA online whales live. It rings as plausible I guess.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Now they'll add a mission where you have to kill a wimpy hacker that stole some top secret source code.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
hahahahahahahaha market leader hahahahaha there's nothing to steal

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Diablo 4 just leaked

https://www.resetera.com/threads/diablo-iv-leaked-beta-gameplay-footage.633611/

Hopefully that kotor remake leaks I want to see how bad it was that they cancelled it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Noob Saibot posted:

Diablo 4 just leaked

Hopefully that kotor remake leaks I want to see how bad it was that they cancelled it

wow so many bombshells being dropped today
GTA6 is a GTA game
Diablo 4 is a Diablo game
wonder what other wild revelations are in store for us

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

if anyone gets a physical copy of TLOU1 and wants to sell it when they're done hmu

i really wanna play this game after watching a digital foundry video on it. seems to be even more graphically impressive than TLOU2 which i thought was a real visual treat.

but there's still no way im paying 70 bucks for it. so can i get dibs on being third on this hypothetical list? i would ship it to whoever wants to be fourth for just the cost of dirt cheap media mail lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Noob Saibot posted:

I remember seeing something recently indicating it wasn't canceled. I did a quick google search and I guess Embracer assigned it to another studio. Still, I'd love to see the aborted version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol

Noob Saibot posted:

Diablo 4 just leaked

lmao

thread golden today