Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I remember there was a website for Mario Kart DS where you could upload any photo and it would pixelate it and overlay it on a graph so you could draw it dot by dot for your title card.

Is there something like that for this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
boy, picking an octarian pc is making the single player campaign awkward

e: oh no. they’ve incentivized covering the hub map in ink. oh no. oh geez

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 18, 2022

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I dove into anarchy series and I found that my predestined weapon is the boring rear end splattershot.
After hitting a brick wall where I lost 2 series 1-3 with a couple medals using a variety of weapons, I managed a 5-2 streak with 3 gold medals every round(even the losing ones) and made a truckload of points. Almost got from C- to C+ in one swoop.

I think the new series system is really nice because it elevates the various medals from forgettable fluff to substantial achievements and eliminates that existential dread of the cracking glass tube.

Still, I am really sad to be a basic beta splatterboy

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why is Lil Judd so insanely violent in card mode. All his lines are just *mean*

Have you noticed he always cheers for the bad guys?

Relyssa posted:

My arthritis-riddled fingers make inkbrush and other 'spam the trigger' weapons just awful to use

I mained slosher in Splatoon 2, but apparently my fingers don't like that anymore.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I played so much single player my brain has adjusted to the Hero Shot Replica and I’m doing great with it.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Tafferling posted:

I dove into anarchy series and I found that my predestined weapon is the boring rear end splattershot.
After hitting a brick wall where I lost 2 series 1-3 with a couple medals using a variety of weapons, I managed a 5-2 streak with 3 gold medals every round(even the losing ones) and made a truckload of points. Almost got from C- to C+ in one swoop.

I think the new series system is really nice because it elevates the various medals from forgettable fluff to substantial achievements and eliminates that existential dread of the cracking glass tube.

dont be sad about using a good rear end gun, friend!

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

DalaranJ posted:

I mained slosher in Splatoon 2, but apparently my fingers don't like that anymore.

I recently got a turbo controller specifically because I love sloshers and hate mashing the button. It was completely worth it and has made Splatoon even better now that I'm not killing my hands with my favorite weapons.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The dualsense pressure sensitive trigger would be perfect in this game. Hold halfway down to fire continuously, no matter the weapon, hold all the way down for any sort of charge attack.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Have you noticed he always cheers for the bad guys?

Try a heavier bucket like explosher or sloshing machine, they have a lower rate of fire so it may be easier on you.

Tri-slosher is pretty much as fast as I can shoot. The brushes are too much for me.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Try a heavier bucket like explosher or sloshing machine, they have a lower rate of fire so it may be easier on you.

Tri-slosher is pretty much as fast as I can shoot. The brushes are too much for me.

The repetitive button pressing still does a number on me, even with the slower fire rate.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Relyssa posted:

Where does the Luna blaster fall on this spectrum

Back in Splatoon 1 I got 32 splats in a turf war with my trusty Luna blaster(it was nerfed shortly after) and still lost the match. It's a good weapon but I wasn't able to ink much with it.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I know its not an origional opinoin, but this post game level is bullshit

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Relyssa posted:

The repetitive button pressing still does a number on me, even with the slower fire rate.

Try a blaster then maybe. They have a similar function, while they lack the verticality they can reach around corners and have a mighty spread upon bursting.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Try a blaster then maybe. They have a similar function, while they lack the verticality they can reach around corners and have a mighty spread upon bursting.

I've had bad luck with blasters though that's definitely a skill issue on my end. I may try separated joycon aiming at some point to see if that's what it takes for motion controls to finally work. Is that an acceptable control scheme or is a procon still better? Sorry for dumb controller questions, just want to try to be the best most freshest squid I can possibly be.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 18, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Midway through it, I searched it on the Splatoon subreddit to see if other people were struggling or if I was just playing poorly. I found a thread comparing it to Inner Agent 3 from Splatoon 2 and saying that Inner Agent was much harder.

Today I loaded up Splatoon 2 for some Amiibo shenanigans and checked to see if I beat it, because I remember 100%ing the expansion but maybe I just did the levels because I had NO memory of the Inner Agent fight. Well, I'm gonna say that the Splatoon 3 Secret Level is much harder because I did beat Inner Agent, and I'm certain I'll remember the Secret Level for a while yet.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Relyssa posted:

I've had bad luck with blasters though that's definitely a skill issue on my end. I may try separated joycon aiming at some point to see if that's what it takes for motion controls to finally work. Is that an acceptable control scheme or is a procon still better?

nah i know a bunch of people who do it, give it a shot and see how it treats you

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Midway through it, I searched it on the Splatoon subreddit to see if other people were struggling or if I was just playing poorly. I found a thread comparing it to Inner Agent 3 from Splatoon 2 and saying that Inner Agent was much harder.

Today I loaded up Splatoon 2 for some Amiibo shenanigans and checked to see if I beat it, because I remember 100%ing the expansion but maybe I just did the levels because I had NO memory of the Inner Agent fight. Well, I'm gonna say that the Splatoon 3 Secret Level is much harder because I did beat Inner Agent, and I'm certain I'll remember the Secret Level for a while yet.

Inner Agent 3 defeated me but I was able to pull through the secret level. I still haven't been able to clear inner agent.

EightFlyingCars posted:

nah i know a bunch of people who do it, give it a shot and see how it treats you

I shall give it a try, hopefully my wrist cooperates with it enough.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

My mental comparison is like a kaizo Mario level. It wouldn't be bullshit if it had 1 or 2 checkpoints in the first section but the length of it and just stupid little mistakes like mistiming a jump or not knowing what's coming yet mean you need to start from the beginning
The middle sections are fair, and the ending is a pain in the rear end especially wave 3 with all of the special spam but at least it's short
Final section is 7, 7, 14 enemies and I found counting kills helped get me through

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I nearly broke my controller in half when I died mere inches away from the launchpad at the end of section one because I bounced off the wall like a pixel away from the ink I needed to be in.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Deceptive Thinker posted:

My mental comparison is like a kaizo Mario level. It wouldn't be bullshit if it had 1 or 2 checkpoints in the first section but the length of it and just stupid little mistakes like mistiming a jump or not knowing what's coming yet mean you need to start from the beginning
The middle sections are fair, and the ending is a pain in the rear end especially wave 3 with all of the special spam but at least it's short
Final section is 7, 7, 14 enemies and I found counting kills helped get me through

Agree with pretty much all of this. From easiest to hardest section, I'd say it was 3, 2, 1, 4.

Section 1 DESPERATELY needs a checkpoint before the part where you ride an inked pillar along a rail; it's especially baffling because section 3 has a checkpoint midway through and even without it it'd probably be the easiest section.

The final section just sucks because there were multiple attempts where I felt like I just got owned, not that I played poorly.

Relyssa posted:

I nearly broke my controller in half when I died mere inches away from the launchpad at the end of section one because I bounced off the wall like a pixel away from the ink I needed to be in.

Once you get past Section 1 it's not terribly hard. Finishing "One-way Ride Through Target Town" with the bow was harder than section 2's rail rides.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am about to give up on Splatoon 3. :( Too many disconnects, it’s impossible to get consistent matches completed. :/

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Will the areas of interest that seem to contain nothing make sense eventually or is there just nothing there (I've used the scouting platforms, followed smallfry's suggestions and looked for balloons)?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Split joycons not for me, though I think I'm getting somewhere with the procon. Please indulge me while I ask more stupid questions! For motion controls with the procon, how do y'all handle X-axis aiming? Seems like I pretty much have to use the stick for side to side and gyro for up and down, can't seem to get the gyro to do side to side unless I contort my wrists really uncomfortably.

Scholtz posted:

Section 1 DESPERATELY needs a checkpoint before the part where you ride an inked pillar along a rail; it's especially baffling because section 3 has a checkpoint midway through and even without it it'd probably be the easiest section.

The secret to the ink pillar ride is to hold down the squid surge button while you're on it. It locks you in place and you can just let go of ZL to drop off the pillar when you're ready. There's no way in hell I would've been able to complete that section without this.

Black Griffon posted:

Will the areas of interest that seem to contain nothing make sense eventually or is there just nothing there (I've used the scouting platforms, followed smallfry's suggestions and looked for balloons)?

Smallfry should be able to point something out in all of those. It's kinda finicky sometimes, just keep throwing him around the area until he finally clues in.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I've been using an 8bitdo Pro+ and the gyro is good. I use right stick for horizontal aiming and gyro for vertical. For motion sensitivity, set it low enough that it stays still when held neutral, but still enables you to aim up to top of the high wall in the lobby. Right stick sensitivity high for quick turning

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

beer gas canister posted:

I've been using an 8bitdo Pro+ and the gyro is good. I use right stick for horizontal aiming and gyro for vertical.

With some comparisons between mouse aim and gyro aim I was beginning to wonder if I'd been missing something. I will concede that gyro for vertical helps a shitton. Just need to dial in the sensitivity.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

You dont want to use gryo to completely turn left or right, but it is useful to use it for small adjustments in those directions. Most of the gyro aiming will be up and down tho

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

You dont want to use gryo to completely turn left or right, but it is useful to use it for small adjustments in those directions. Most of the gyro aiming will be up and down tho

This is pretty much exactly what I needed, thank you. Still get a bit oogy from motion sickness but maybe I can train out of it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/JustSlimyBits/status/1571269965457530881

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The connection errors are a real pain in the rear end

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think Inner Agent 3 is much harder than the last section of the final kettle, honestly. It felt more like an easier version of girl power station more than anything else.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bowmore posted:

The connection errors are a real pain in the rear end

Yeah :( I’ve given up on playing Splatoon 3 for now. I cant get consistent stable matches at all, it just isnt worth my time. I’m really disappointed because the game otherwise is great.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

For people encountering lots of connection errors, are you running your Switch on a wired connection, or wifi?

Investing in a USB ethernet adaptor to leave plugged into your dock so you can run wired is worth it. Obviously it's not foolproof, but it will at least reduce the likelihood of connection errors due to flaky wifi on your end.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

I knew exactly what song this would be from the thumbnail lol

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i've been playing on wifi and have only had very few communication errors, and no disconnects on my end at all :shrug:

game's fun

is 10 the max amount of item you can buy per-type for your locker? i feel like i'm being thwarted in my quest to flood my locker with crunchy cheese snacks

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Tafferling posted:

No shame at all. It’s a respectable choice.

Scholtz posted:

Agree with pretty much all of this. From easiest to hardest section, I'd say it was 3, 2, 1, 4.

I had the opposite experience where 1 was a cakewalk and rail shooting was the hardest. I probably spent half my total completion time messing up the very last target.
That’s what using rollers gets me, I guess

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

someone awful. posted:

is 10 the max amount of item you can buy per-type for your locker? i feel like i'm being thwarted in my quest to flood my locker with crunchy cheese snacks

Yes, and the item goes on sold out status if you buy all 10. Presumably if it comes back around in rotation you can get more but I haven't been able to test that.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

The final kettle was nowhere near as hard as the extra boss fight from octo expansion. Final kettle took me like 40 minutes to an hour to do with having the hardest time with that first section until I just got the various parts down and stopped trying to rush that final conveyor belt part. Final combat section owned, really sold me on how big of a MVP smallfry is. I also never had a hard time with girl power which in both versions of these fights you just fuckin spawn camp their asses and keep the ground covered and you're fine.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vanilla slimfast posted:

For people encountering lots of connection errors, are you running your Switch on a wired connection, or wifi?

Investing in a USB ethernet adaptor to leave plugged into your dock so you can run wired is worth it. Obviously it's not foolproof, but it will at least reduce the likelihood of connection errors due to flaky wifi on your end.

It's not on my end

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

someone awful. posted:

i've been playing on wifi and have only had very few communication errors, and no disconnects on my end at all :shrug:

Same, Switch is always on wifi and I do get an occasional communication error or match disconnect but its been 2 days since it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Pink Mist posted:

No shame at all. It’s a respectable choice.

It is, but still, I'd like to wrap my head around the most signature weapons.
Rollers I get killed all the time, even with a stealth perk I get identified fairly easily, maybe I'm just too predictable;
Blasters I get a bit better but when I mess up the engaging distance I get punished instantaneously;
Chargers... I grew up with mouse and keyboard and it feels like repairing a car with sticks and rocks for tools.
Buckets I can get the first hit but NEVER the second.

With the splatters I get the weapon handling, I get the projectile movement and I get the strategy. When I get a suction bomb behind someone, seeing the struggle to decide between me and the blast makes me a happy man.