Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
for some whiplash, watch Stingray in Cobra Kai then watch him in the recent and good Black Bird on AppleTV

also he's voicing a character in the upcoming Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie which I absolutely cannot wait for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
He's out of place. People like him live in Florida, not the infinitely, inherently superior Los Angeles, CA.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
One in 12 people in America live in LA County. We definitely have people like stingray

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The problem with Stingray is that as a teacher he's getting close to all these students in weird and unprofessional ways.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

One in 12 people in America live in LA County. We definitely have people like stingray

And those one in 12 are infinitely better than the other 11

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

pentyne posted:

The problem with Stingray is that as a teacher he's getting close to all these students in weird and unprofessional ways.

He's not a teacher though.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Are people who dislike Stingray saying they think he sucks in terms of bringing anything to the story or that his character is an rear end in a top hat?

I like the character and find him one of the more believable portrayals on the show but I don't like him, such as it is. I know a lot of dudes just like him so he rings true for me but that could just be me living in NE Florida and all that goes with it.
He's too much like real-life assholes for me to enjoy his redemption arc, and there's that whole grown-rear end man wants to hang out with teenagers thing, but it's not like I think the character shouldn't exist. I really enjoyed him as an antagonist.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I liked the aerial shot of his living room after he got hosed up with his smashed up Playstation in the frame

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Was it a PS4 pro? Because it would be really funny if Daniel broke his PS4 pro and tried to replace it with a regular PS4.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I thought it was a PS5? Which would actually make it funnier given how hard they are to find.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It looked like a ps4 to me, and no way they bring one of the 3 PS5s in existence on set just to destroy it

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I think timeline wise cobra Kai is still in 2018, definitely pre-Covid.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's at least 2019, per the video timestamp in episode 1 of this season. But imagine if the Sekai Taikai gets cancelled due to COVID lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Flesnolk posted:

It's at least 2019, per the video timestamp in episode 1 of this season. But imagine if the Sekai Taikai gets cancelled due to COVID lol

this will insantly become my favorite show of all time if this happens and everyone's furious and like, the LaRussos are washing their groceries and poo poo and getting vaccinated and Johnny is wearing a cloth mask on his chin and poo poo. well karate tournament is cancelled because 15 days to stop the spread. huh. well let's see if the senseis are able to get their unemployment claims processed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
covid sucks dont like to thnk about it personally

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

The larussos would move to Texas.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Stingray's been a terrible person but he's a semi fun character. Anyway, he's above redditors just for the fact that he had legit moves. I was actually surprised by his athleticism against those teens.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

this will insantly become my favorite show of all time if this happens and everyone's furious and like, the LaRussos are washing their groceries and poo poo and getting vaccinated and Johnny is wearing a cloth mask on his chin and poo poo. well karate tournament is cancelled because 15 days to stop the spread. huh. well let's see if the senseis are able to get their unemployment claims processed

Heh, now that everybody's friends, this would be the most realistic schism between the LaRussos and Lawrence's family.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Its surprisingly easy to beat up children

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ram dass in hell posted:

I would love if they went the other way where johnny realises he needs to get vaccinated despite not understanding any of it because the baby is going to be there and he was so used to sitting around at home anyway, whereas daniel can't handle being told to stay home and goes crazy anti vaxx. Mostly because i don't like daniel as a character anymore

just go full crazy with the show

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ilmucche posted:

I would love if they went the other way where johnny realises he needs to get vaccinated despite not understanding any of it because the baby is going to be there and he was so used to sitting around at home anyway, whereas daniel can't handle being told to stay home and goes crazy anti vaxx. Mostly because i don't like daniel as a character anymore

just go full crazy with the show

💯

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Danielsan is a small business tyrant and as a result of his coronavirus lockdown derangement finds himself among the January 6th capitol rioters in 2021 on Cobra Kai season 8. Ends up in jail with the Mr Show guy and Jon Schaffer in a subplot.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Daniel is such a mark he’d totally get set up by the FBI. Louie is an informant since he got debts to pay.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

those teens are ripped as hell and very powerful + skilled in the martial arts. i wouldn't tangle with them. a testament to cobra kais techniques how they empowered the girthy redditor to become so dangerous so quickly....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i want a tiny glasses twerp subplot b/c he reminds me of me. remember when they were having the crazy duel in the larusso house and all the kids paired off with their other team palette swap version? lmao

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Spacebump posted:

They should go real wild and buy the rights to 3 Ninjas. Then let them have a dojo in the world tournament.

Add in a Dojo that is trained in the arts of Gymkata while we are at it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the sbhow is godly its that easy

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gaius Marius posted:

It's also surprisingly easy to get beat up by children. They're like movie ninjas that way. Whatever the plot needs, that's how strong they are.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Smythe posted:

i want a tiny glasses twerp subplot b/c he reminds me of me. remember when they were having the crazy duel in the larusso house and all the kids paired off with their other team palette swap version? lmao

Dale?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I sympathise with the people who want the pedophile written out of the show

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Vulture literally had showrunners write up "how would your fictional universe handle COVID" descriptions. To this day. I have no idea if these are amazing or cringe. Probably a bit of both.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/if-i-wrote-a-coronavirus-episode.html

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i dunno the kids name. hes like 4'11" and 80 lbs with glasses

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Smythe posted:

i dunno the kids name. hes like 4'11" and 80 lbs with glasses

Bert. Out of the main six kids (Miguel, Sam, Robbie, Tori, Eli and Dimitri), he's basically #7 as far as the show is concerned.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 21, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Bert. Out of the main six kids (Miguel, Sam, Robbie, Tori, Eli and Dimitri), he's basically #7 as far as the show is concerned.

And Nate is his friend of the same age who was the Asian character with the most speaking lines in the show until Devon showed up and, well, season 5.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dawgstar posted:

And Nate is his friend of the same age who was the Asian character with the most speaking lines in the show until Devon showed up and, well, season 5.

Nate had more lines than Kyler?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Spacebump posted:

Nate had more lines than Kyler?

In some seasons, yeah, but it's close.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Vulture literally had showrunners write up "how would your fictional universe handle COVID" descriptions. To this day. I have no idea if these are amazing or cringe. Probably a bit of both.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/if-i-wrote-a-coronavirus-episode.html

There is literally a special covid episode of Park and Rec :argh:

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
who overleverages their store made of kindling and doesn't have fire insurance? what

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Furniture’s bad boy. Also the insurance payout could be taking a long rear end time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seems like the guy was pretty attached to the furniture store. Insurance can't fix a broken heart.