Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I was watching the 90s Spider-Man TAS and realized that I don't think there's ever been a live action version of Hammerhead or Tombstone. Don't even think the Maggia stuff has ever been mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Don't know the original photo source but this is adorable.

https://twitter.com/jasminjoestar/status/1571248302599073792?s=21&t=sLpQcuHNyl_vV0_fvnqwoA

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They're 6 weeks early

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Technowolf posted:

I was watching the 90s Spider-Man TAS and realized that I don't think there's ever been a live action version of Hammerhead or Tombstone. Don't even think the Maggia stuff has ever been mentioned.

Nope, but Tombstone did show up in Spiderverse for a theatrical debut at least

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Pixeltendo posted:

Nope, but Tombstone did show up in Spiderverse for a theatrical debut at least

And is Spiderverse live action?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Rarity posted:

They're 6 weeks early

My local grocery store started selling ceramic Jack-'o-lanterns on August second and shortly afterward was selling leftover Halloween candy. They will likely have Thanksgiving stuff in the clearance rack soon.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Costco had Christmas stuff out yesterday. Home Depot has them in pallets in the aisles, but still wrapped.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Everyone posted:

And is Spiderverse live action?

Yes, of course. Duh.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

swickles posted:

Costco had Christmas stuff out yesterday. Home Depot has them in pallets in the aisles, but still wrapped.

Mariah Carrey has only begun to awake from her slumber

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Technowolf posted:

Yeah those characters are super uninteresting. When you have the second best rogues gallery in all of comic books why go with “guy who is hard to hit” or “guy who is hard to hit but just in the head”

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tom Tucker posted:

Yeah those characters are super uninteresting. When you have the second best rogues gallery in all of comic books why go with “guy who is hard to hit” or “guy who is hard to hit but just in the head”

I think they got used well in The Spectacular Spider-Man, at least. It can be done.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Spidey vs organised crime stories in general are just all really boring (exception for some of the Kingpin ones)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tombstone is pretty interesting. But you have to have a developed Robbie Robertson to really make him work and that probably won't happen in movies.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It's crazy to me that Spiderverse went to the trouble of tracking down an actual albino just to voice Tombstone.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

OH, SAY... Can you see?!?

LIBERTY'S BELL!!!

I say this at least once a week.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Who's was the helmet in the last scene?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Avalerion posted:

Who's was the helmet in the last scene?

Daredevil

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

pik_d posted:

Daredevil

Isn't his costume red? Pretty sure the one in the box was yellow.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's spoiled pretty hard in the trailer for the show

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Avalerion posted:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Avalerion posted:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
UNUSUAL!!
GORGEOUS!!
Uhhhh... "FUN-LOVING"

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
As in "He's just fun-loving, I'm not an enabler."

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Avalerion posted:

Luke repainted it as a joke and Daredevil was none the wiser

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I think the bigger question is why is daredevil in los angeles?

E: they probably come up with some stupid reason, but isn't there someone in New York who can fix/make his outfit? Keeping some heroes to smaller regions just makes for a more intimate, personal setting. DD season 1 was great cause it's didn't have a broad scope.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 18, 2022

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

killer crane posted:

He just wants to get smashed by the big green lady.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

killer crane posted:

he's now the devil of el sereno

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

killer crane posted:

The simple answer is that he has a vested interest in superhuman lawyers, and after hearing about her, goes to scope her out since she's the only other one (he knows of, or, presumably, in reality). Plus, he appears to making it a twofor trip, and getting a costume while he's there too.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

This is Melvin erasure and I won't stand for it

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Zefiel posted:

This is Melvin erasure and I won't stand for it

Wasn´t a plot point in the Netflix third season that he didn't want Melvin to do him another costume to fight Bullseye because he didn't want to go back to just being the Devil of Hell's Kitchen? Also, like someone above said, Melvin got arrested.

He also probably wants a new costume that is less dead serious and friendlier looking to get away from his dark vengeance days, like in Batman comics where he tries to go from super-scary to just scary to criminals

killer crane posted:

E: they probably come up with some stupid reason, but isn't there someone in New York who can fix/make his outfit? Keeping some heroes to smaller regions just makes for a more intimate, personal setting. DD season 1 was great cause it's didn't have a broad scope.

Look at this chum that doesn't want to see She-Hulk fight Daredevil both in the courtroom and in the streets of L.A. Then they go out on a date and have to find excuses to get away so they can fight the Wrecking Crew, Stilt-Man, and the Porcupine.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm pretty sure that they are starting over completely with Daredevil. Charlie Cox said as much at D23, and the fact that we are going to see the early yellow version of the suit makes me think that they are going to do a clean slate. That gives them more freedom than sticking to established continuity from when they did not have complete control over the creative direction.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No, it's already been said they're doing a soft reboot. They did the same thing with Kingpin.

So it means that all the stuff from the series happened in just about the same way. Unless they directly address it in the shows and give a different past, just assume that the Netflix things happened.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figured the series broad strokes happened, like we'll not have to deal with Elektra again but probably won't have Fisk knowing that Matt is Daredevil.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
What kind of story can they tell about Daredevil in eighteen episodes that rides the line between not being a continuation of the Netflix show but not contradicting anything either?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

live with fruit posted:

What kind of story can they tell about Daredevil in eighteen episodes that rides the line between not being a continuation of the Netflix show but not contradicting anything either?

DD kicks peoples asses in hallways 18 more times

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daredevil's had a lot of good stories over the years so you have tons to pull from.

Also in the comics, Fisk knew Matt was Daredevil for a long time. They both played cat and mouse with each other, but Fisk always kept it to himself since it gave him some amount of leverage over Matt.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

pik_d posted:

DD kicks peoples asses in hallways 18 more times

Sounds great to me tbh.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Codependent Poster posted:

No, it's already been said they're doing a soft reboot. They did the same thing with Kingpin.

So it means that all the stuff from the series happened in just about the same way. Unless they directly address it in the shows and give a different past, just assume that the Netflix things happened.

A soft reboot doesn't necessarily mean that anything not explicitly contradicted is still canon.

James Bond is the most famous example of a character being soft rebooted over and over, but almost none of the previous continuity transfers to the next Bond.

A soft reboot of Daredevil could just be "Same actor, has history with Fisk, same personality/style, origin story already happened and generally aligns with season 1 of the Netflix show, and same action/fighting style" without necessarily retaining all of the canon from the previous 3 seasons of the Netflix show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Codependent Poster posted:

Daredevil's had a lot of good stories over the years so you have tons to pull from.

Wow can't believe they're doing the Mike Murdoch saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

She-Hulk is also set in 2024 let's not forget, Daredevil could well be an internationally known Superhero at this point in time