Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Evil Fluffy posted:

How did people think the title was tear like "a tear in fabric" and not tear as in teardrop when the trailer literally shows 7 teardrop-like objects as part of the big mural? :psyduck:

because the game appears to take part in a literal torn up kingdom. It's almost surely a double meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the title is a reference to the queen of england who has passed from this world and into the next

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
the queen is also all torn up because she died in an industrial lathe accident

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’ve had Pogo’s theme from Live A Live stuck in my head all day. That game ruled.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Read After Burning posted:

I am very excited for the Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life remake! :dance:

it's my favorite harvest moon game and one of my favorite gamecube games, i am stoked

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it's my favorite harvest moon game and one of my favorite gamecube games, i am stoked

:yeah: The water in that game was so pretty! Hell, the village itself is just the cutest little mountain village, if a bit small.

My mom pre-ordered it for me for Christmas one year, and then it got delayed to almost a full year later, ha. Thankfully that year I also received a couple of Sims 1 expansion packs to mess around with..

Summer 2023 is too far away! :colbert:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stux posted:

[very quietly] ive been using a ds4 on my swithc

Kinky

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the title is a reference to the queen of england who has passed from this world and into the next

if the “next world” is “hell” then yeah op

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh HELL yes, Alisia Dragoon is my favorite Genesis game!

What do you love about it? I never played it before and, at least at first glance, it seems kind of generic.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

WarpDogs posted:

because the game appears to take part in a literal torn up kingdom. It's almost surely a double meaning

It's one of, what'd ya call 'em, double tendies.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

It's funny, the differences in the way people think. I played a few games on my co-workers switch before starting work yesterday. I lost four games and won one. It absolutely did not cross my mind whatsoever that I would possibly be ruining anyone's game. To be entirely honest, I didn't even really think that it could have been my fault we lost. Until I read this.

I wasn't trying to say that you were, but I think a lot of apprehension to gyro controls comes from the time it takes to become used to them. It's common to see people saying "I tried them and then I dropped them," which is ridiculous when you consider people have to spend time getting good with analog sticks as well. And it seems to come from a place of not wanting to lose as much and/or drag down the team.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i was going to switch to my 8bitdo after the pro controller poo poo the bed, but it doesn’t have gyro controls

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Which 8Bitdo controller? The two Pro ones they sell have gyro.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Which 8Bitdo controller? The two Pro ones they sell have gyro.

i assumed mine didnt because i bought it like 5 years ago but it does. yay

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

bushisms.txt posted:

I wasn't trying to say that you were

Don't worry, I didn't think you were. I think you're right, it probably does bother some people. I just thought it was funny that there's also people like me who would never even think about it in a million years.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Radiant Silvergun to be relisted in the US on Tuesday:
https://twitter.com/LiveWire_pr/status/1571429540144222208?t=6glp0WNREuVVz3OEU4wFPw&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What do you love about it? I never played it before and, at least at first glance, it seems kind of generic.

Oh, it's definitely mostly nostalgia for sure, ha. :kiddo: The soundtrack is absolutely excellent (some of the songs still get stuck in my head to this day), and I was a six year old girl amazed that I could play as this badass lightning-shooting warrior lady. There's also just a LOT happening on screen (enemies flying at you, your sidekick creature dude shooting projectiles at them, lighting zapping all over the screen), so it was basically "crack for kids".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbSD8dmp4KQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbrbmcHawIE

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh, it's definitely mostly nostalgia for sure, ha. :kiddo: The soundtrack is absolutely excellent (some of the songs still get stuck in my head to this day), and I was a six year old girl amazed that I could play as this badass lightning-shooting warrior lady. There's also just a LOT happening on screen (enemies flying at you, your sidekick creature dude shooting projectiles at them, lighting zapping all over the screen), so it was basically "crack for kids".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbSD8dmp4KQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbrbmcHawIE

Sounds good, I'll give it more of a try later today. Thanks!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

biceps crimes posted:

my pro controllers left stick doesn’t register 100% on certain angles and when trying to move right. god drat piece of garbage. Nintendo junk rear end controllers

IIRC, the new bluetooth controller from 8bitdo uses magnetic sensing for analog sticks, like the Dreamcast did, which means they should never suffer from drift due to use. I'm not planning to get one though since I already have a Pro+ which works without issue on consoles and PC.

Nintendo just needs to have 8bitdo make their official controllers. The quality is far better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Almost done with Hollow Knight finally.

I really don't like the mindset the developers seemed to have had in this game of making the game inconvenience the player at every possible point. Just over and over needlessly punishing the player with the consequence of wasting their time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I really don't like the mindset the developers seemed to have had in this game of making the game inconvenience the player at every possible point. Just over and over needlessly punishing the player with the consequence of wasting their time.

Hollow Knight has a lot of phenomenal design but it pretty clearly started off as "we're making like a 2D Dark Souls" and unfortunately they tended to mistake some of Dark Soul's tedious elements for a necessity. That said with the DLCs and changes and such you can see them getting a lot more comfortable with the game they were actually making and even with the tedium they at least obviously had a good balance on how to design Metroidvanias.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats what makes it good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Another thing, why the heck does it not allow you to screen capture videos? Had a cool enemy dodge and win a fight moment and went to capture it a few minutes ago only to find it wasn't allowed

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I liked the tedium of HK but it’s because I played in handheld and gave it mixed attention with a TV show on in the background.

I beat it while binging the entirety of Community, it was a good combo.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

NBC’s Community, Hollow Knight, a glass of whisky and diesel jeans.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That fragile flower quest was not nearly as difficult as has been advertised. Only took two tries.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That fragile flower quest was not nearly as difficult as has been advertised. Only took two tries.

Take it through the path of pain next time.

https://youtu.be/lRTF_5lrW-U

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah if you fail the first time the enemies in the way stay dead so it's pretty easy as long as you don't beef the jumps in the queens gardens

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
You also do t have to do the tedious bullshit quests

The white palace and path of pain are basically in there to be tedious with no real in game reward , you don’t have to do them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the path of pain is the best thing in the gaem

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Thr white palace is win.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stux posted:

the path of pain is the best thing in the gaem

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More games need an optional brutally difficult platforming segment, I love it every time

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I keep reading the thread title as Tears of the Queefdom

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Levitate posted:

You also do t have to do the tedious bullshit quests

The white palace and path of pain are basically in there to be tedious with no real in game reward , you don’t have to do them

You have to do the white palace to get the void heart and the true ending though.

Path off pain seemed fun, I tried for about ten minutes and got decently far I think, no idea how close I was to being through it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Thr white palace is win.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

100%

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

hatty posted:

More games need an optional brutally difficult platforming segment, I love it every time

The darker side of the moon in Mario was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Darker side was too easy.