Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/cbouzy/status/1570189240948129793

Looks like someone is going after TUG, the guy that claimed Ren bashed his mail box

The guy who put the report together is being called an 'Amber Heard Shill' because that's the new hot "talking point" I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Austen also did the terrible terrible terrible cartoon Tripping the Rift. It is terrible

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

Austen also did the terrible terrible terrible cartoon Tripping the Rift. It is terrible

Tripping the Rift is what you -think- Austen would be involved in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

The one about Luanne’s great grand mother who looked exactly like Luanne but had different bangs.

KotH is so good

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

KotH is so good

Pretty sure that's a joke about Penders' work on the sonic comic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Potsticker posted:

Pretty sure that's a joke about Penders' work on the sonic comic.

Yeah, I know

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Madkal posted:

Dare I ask for more information?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Samovar posted:

It isn't quite that bad, but if you imagine a cross between Titan AE and a lazy ripoff of Lexx you won't be far off.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Samovar posted:

Imagine all the ways how a 'sexy sci-fi comedy' might go wrong.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Samovar posted:

The main character's name is Chode and is basically Bender as a fat ugly little alien with a hot girlfriend and a crew of misfits and ugggghhhhh. What a waste of Stephen Root's talents.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Endless Mike posted:

Was it the one with Japanese Hank?

Non-joke answer: the two he worked on (he wasn't the only storyboard artist; in fact Austen also worked on these eps, as this was when he returned to the show) were the ZZ Top ep and the one where the snake gets flushed down the toilet

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1571316942975414273

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Is Ken.....jealous?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Madkal posted:

Is Ken.....jealous?

No he’s rightfully calling out that weirdo

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Yeah. Ken is a. Being supportive of Father/Son intimacy and b
Surprisingly not trying to grab credit. He says the artist and writer may or may not have seem his panels

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

bunnyofdoom posted:

He says the artist and writer may or may not have seem his panels

... does he think he was the first person to ever have a dad and son hugging in a comic? and that if another person has a dad and son hugging in a comic it has to be a callback to his book?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lol, no, Ken is being incredibly weird there, he just happens to be being weird in a way that’s pro-masculine affection.

“May or may not have seen these panels” lol

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I think this is as close to "good" as we're gonna get for Ken.

He's being supportive of healthy male relationships and how they've existed in comics for a long time while also it feels like trying to brag about his run on Sonic and its influence.

It's not great at all but for Ken, it's pretty good and probably one of the least problematic things he's done.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

There are many hosed up and weird things about the way Penders wrote Locke and Knuckles' relationship, but that's not one of them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

... does he think he was the first person to ever have a dad and son hugging in a comic? and that if another person has a dad and son hugging in a comic it has to be a callback to his book?

While I think Ken is in the right here, it is valid to point out that he often thinks he's the only one to have an idea. Like for example Sonic standing on a plane that Tails is piloting, which we actually get from Sonic 2 but Ken never played a Sonic game in his life so he assumes it sprung fully formed from his brow for the first time and assumed the second movie copied him.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
evergreen

https://twitter.com/Demonlord1920/status/1571461536706592769?t=JVf7tAk0QMvqeRAUnDBwfA

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think it has more to do with him comparing two han (looking) characters to two mutant coloured hedgehogs and my reading is he is comparing the two as being exactly the same.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

An arist today is more likely to have seen Goku hugging Gohan than a Sonic comic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone tell him that kids don't read comics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/comicsgateLs/status/1573449143774859281

Well then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I mean, he was a frequent poster there. This is hardly a shock.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Endless Mike posted:

I mean, he was a frequent poster there. This is hardly a shock.
A stupid amount of money by a predictably stupid man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
That's just a really stupid amount of money though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

That's just a really stupid amount of money though.

It's not like it was his or he did anything for it. It was just money that he scammed from other hateful idiots.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

It's not like it was his or he did anything for it. It was just money that he scammed from other hateful idiots.

Yeah, but even if I was a hateful idiot scammer I'd much rather keep the $10k myself than give it to kiwifarms.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I heard he donated it around the time they started doxxing the people he was already harassing on Twitter. That’s some coward bully poo poo either way.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but even if I was a hateful idiot scammer I'd much rather keep the $10k myself than give it to kiwifarms.
Yeah. 10k "isn't much" and I say that with heavy scare quotes due to economics and how media and culture treats money but 10k is also extremely a "solve a problem in a normal person's life" amount of money. Replace an appliance, fix a car, pay off a chunk of a loan or a debt, put aside as savings, 10k can actually do a lot and here he is feeding the beast that bites him enough money to let Null probably have done something bad with that amount.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if theres any upside it's now $0 and EVS doesnt have it

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
When your book, which is literally called "Cash Grab", is three years late because you've clearly been doing nothing to make sure the comic is made, create a fake reason related to your divorce so you can blame it all on your "bitch of an ex-wife". Man what a loving grift.

https://twitter.com/comicsgateLs/status/1573300555027566592?s=20&t=6MHN42DaFSZc1rGdL0mDhQ

E: Also on Van Sciver, dude 100% donated to Kiwi Farms. This is a guy who, before leading his hate brigade, wore a Nazi uniform, posted it online to show "how cool it was", then successfully scrubbed the image from the internet. He's the worst of the worst.

"Why would I donate to the site that I visited every single day in order to dox my enemies???"

E the Shaggy fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 26, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I mean, I come here every day, but even if I had as much money as Van Scriver I wouldn't give SA 10k.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He’s probably using it as a tax write off, which makes sense since it’s just scams all the way down with that guy

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I mean, I come here every day, but even if I had as much money as Van Scriver I wouldn't give SA 10k.
Is that because Jeff won't help you doxx your enemies?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Someone pointed out that admitting you delayed a project because you don’t want your ex getting any money off it is… a good way to make sure said ex nails you for it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ruddiger posted:

He’s probably using it as a tax write off, which makes sense since it’s just scams all the way down with that guy
Unless he's somehow claiming it as a business expense, he cannot write this off as KiwiFarms is not a charity, and a $10k donation would have to be specifically itemized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Doxxing enemies doesn't count as a business expense? poo poo, I need to call my accountant.