Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hydrowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I just reinstalled this after a good year or so and the casual experience is very much improved regarding bots and stuff. You can actually play at like 4 in the morning now in pubs! When did this happen? I had kinda forgotten how good it was and how much I suck too

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I just reinstalled this after a good year or so and the casual experience is very much improved regarding bots and stuff. You can actually play at like 4 in the morning now in pubs! When did this happen? I had kinda forgotten how good it was and how much I suck too
Fairly recently, basically every big TF2 youtuber got together and had the playerbase spam Twitter loudly enough that Valve actually noticed, and they've since hired some coders to fix TF2's bugs and bot problems.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Youtube has been making GBS threads nothing except tf2 weapons strategy vids at me lately and... well, they got me. For the first time in 5 years, I booted it up

I managed to play six rounds with only one single bot who was promptly kicked. Wild!

Warpy
May 24, 2003

"KABOOOOM!"

Sockser posted:

Youtube has been making GBS threads nothing except tf2 weapons strategy vids at me lately and... well, they got me. For the first time in 5 years, I booted it up

I managed to play six rounds with only one single bot who was promptly kicked. Wild!

Bots are essentially dead right now. It's great! Casual queuing is fun again. Valve Casual Dustbowl 4 lyfe.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I started playing again last week after not having really played in like 8 years at least.

I played a while on casual and had a bad time, I moved to Uncletopia and had a better time. Zero bots and people actually care about the objective. In casual no one gave a poo poo and it's not fun.

I hope it gets popular enough again so that you can play on organised-but-not-competitive teams.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Scream Fortress just dropped. New maps and items galore!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

helltower is still the best map in the game

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The map is fun to play until you get to the elevators but the endgame is tedious. I bet it'd be amazing without carts

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I know this is a long shot, but I need to offload some old items, what's the best place to do TF2 trading that's active and where I won't having to worry about much chicanery?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oh my god all the hats in this year's halloween crate are.... good???? they aren't all terrible meme poo poo??? I can't believe it

e: the warpaints are all good too wtf did someone with taste take over the approval process this year

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 7, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pretty sure you can keep halloween items all year long but can you wear them? I've been playing enough at this point I kinda would like some cosmetics. I was going to buy the kittens but good lord not at the asking price

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pretty sure you can keep halloween items all year long but can you wear them? I've been playing enough at this point I kinda would like some cosmetics. I was going to buy the kittens but good lord not at the asking price

you can keep them in the outfits but they won't be visible in-server (like you weren't wearing them) unless someone uses the item Spirit Of Halloween (which are cheap and get dropped a lot) or if a custom server has Event Mode turned on. The other thing is, they're enabled on the full moon every month.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Also Helltrain is a strong contender for most visually impressive map in the game's history, it even changes up the rules for CTF to make more sense than the baseline ones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

Also Helltrain is a strong contender for most visually impressive map in the game's history, it even changes up the rules for CTF to make more sense than the baseline ones

I was running with the intel and saw some sniper just staring out at the environment. I didn't bother him because I could relate and I kill snipers every chance I get

e: for my good deed I even got a pretty uncommon achievement too

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This exploit used to be in gravelpit. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPpweyJ0m8w

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

drrockso20 posted:

It seems to be a considerably reworked version of an ancient custom CTF map I used to play called Convoy, which I always thought had a cool concept and hoped that something like it would make its way into the game eventually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVisIoy86XM

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

khwarezm posted:

It seems to be a considerably reworked version of an ancient custom CTF map I used to play called Convoy, which I always thought had a cool concept and hoped that something like it would make its way into the game eventually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVisIoy86XM

It was also an Unreal Tournament/UT2004 map. I loved playing it and got pretty happy when I found a community server that also ran it 24/7.

That was so many years ago now.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Happy birthday TF2. Fifteen years. What a hell of a run.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/arranseaton/status/1581614130007797760

Looks like they're having fun.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Wow. Valve being Washington-based, I shouldn't be this surprised to see them on the ferry, but... they're running around in a setting that's as deeply familiar to me as any place from my childhood, which is a bizarre feeling.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

https://twitter.com/Robin_A_Downes/status/1566522394298449920
https://twitter.com/johnpatricklowr/status/1571629882572148736
https://twitter.com/johnpatricklowr/status/1575628205636997120
https://twitter.com/Robin_A_Downes/status/1576342819945398272

Apparently Rick May stayed close friends with them as well until his passing. :unsmith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I can completely 100% believe this is basically what the mercs would be up to in their day-to-day at retirement age, assuming any of them lived that long.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Just the coolest poo poo. It's nice seeing old people out and about having fun

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
It's Halloween season and I have good internet connection finally, so I've decided to play this again. Excited for Halloween events.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

It's Halloween season and I have good internet connection finally, so I've decided to play this again. Excited for Halloween events.

Hope you like bots!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It did get worse again once halloween started up it feels.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I haven't noticed any but I've been playing non-Halloween maps

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I haven't seen many ON halloween maps and the ones that do show usually get kicked before too long

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man. I tried playing on Uncletopia servers and I was getting godawful ping spikes every few seconds. Weird thing was that they didn't show up on the scoreboard ping, only when I set net_graph to 2 and watched them go. From 30-40 ping to suddenly over 3000 for a full second, entire game freezing up, basically unplayable. But on Valve servers, I didn't notice a thing.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Lol I love it, these are screaming out for a good SFM animation.

Part of me hopes its all some complex ARG for the heavy update which will finally come out in Christmas :smith:

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Decided to open the crates I got from the first contract reward pumpkin. Paint case didn't give anything exciting but the crate gave me a Conga Line Unusualifier with all the new exclusive effects. Probably the most valuable thing I've unboxed yet.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

leather fedora posted:

Decided to open the crates I got from the first contract reward pumpkin. Paint case didn't give anything exciting but the crate gave me a Conga Line Unusualifier with all the new exclusive effects. Probably the most valuable thing I've unboxed yet.

I was able to unbox an unusual Horrow Shawl with a Spectral Wick effect, but its hard to tell if these new hats are worth much in the long run.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i found some old clips i had edited a bit like a year ago so idk it reminds me how much fun this game is you can watch if you want, farewell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBaMNGdc7q4

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
some more bullshit. this game is unparalleled when it comes to witnessing stupid and funny stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zKCMCGTtI

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7dZM3uYS4

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 28, 2022

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Great videos, maybe, I'm not gonna watch them

that's a lie they're good fun thanks arf

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
If anything editing those clips got me wanting to rocket jump again so i just spent 2 hours playing jump academy oops

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
There was a time around 2013-14 where all I'd play was jump academy and mge. Tf2's really fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

There was a time around 2013-14 where all I'd play was jump academy and mge. Tf2's really fun

still easily one of the best multiplayer games ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

are the valve servers still infested with bots? i kinda feel like playing some random tf2 again but not gonna bother if i have to go on uncletopia or keep server hopping to find a server with no bots