Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

good news you can mostly use the ssg thru the whole game. fortunately the devs have determined the right way to play by making doom eternal with no ammo and epic lore + brain smoothening battle passes!

Hype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:witch:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

gah!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

doom eternal banana lookin badass

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i remember when i saw in doom 2016 that i unlocked a codex entry for the Foundry level and i lost my mind at the fact that there was Foundry lore.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the first time i played doom 64 i thought the game was broken because it was too dark to see anything so i returned it to blockbuster and exchanged it for duke nukem 64 which had no music

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I ignored the lore in Doom 2016 but in Eternal they shove it in your face and it all sucks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was probably a huge noob who couldn't aim for poo poo when I first played this bc I barely remember the rail gun but good lord this thing kicks rear end.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

the revenant is soying hard

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frenz posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

the revanent is shooting a honing tutorial message informing us, the gamers, to shoot its weak point with a shotgun and then use the patenent Doom Ice beam to regenerate ammo or go for a glory kill to regenerate health.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the revanent is shooting a honing tutorial message informing us, the gamers, to shoot its weak point with a shotgun and then use the patenent Doom Ice beam to regenerate ammo or go for a glory kill to regenerate health.

i will not do that but thank you for the advice

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank You Revenant

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thank You Revenant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I missed a secret and couldnt go back to get it bc therre was a one way door. Classic mapping sin

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I missed a secret and couldnt go back to get it bc therre was a one way door. Classic mapping sin

urgh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynTdCrSzbeU remember this gamers

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good lord

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

think im close to the end of this game. really flew through it. im struck this time but how much this game reminded me of doom 3 but actually good. its got all the codecs and lore and interactive screens and gross jiggly monster redesigns but its got actual hell levels and way more enemies on screen at once. pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao at the results screen

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8rs5YfIYY&t=1229s
what the gently caress lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really liked Doom 2016 and Eternal but the doubling down on lore and baffling Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe of Eternal was a really odd turn lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i beat 2016 and found every upgrade/rune/etc in the game except one Chip. so i could not Weapon Mod Swap with slightly reduce frames. Sad. great game, whenever eternal goes on sale I shall purchase it and proceed posthencely. and i guess it has campaign dlc thats as long as the base game, which i shall also purchase at a Low price.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

i beat 2016 and found every upgrade/rune/etc in the game except one Chip. so i could not Weapon Mod Swap with slightly reduce frames. Sad. great game, whenever eternal goes on sale I shall purchase it and proceed posthencely. and i guess it has campaign dlc thats as long as the base game, which i shall also purchase at a Low price.

i believe it's on game pass op

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've become "too skilled" for doom eternal and i've moved on to more mature games like simon says and match 3 hentai games on newgrounds. hoping to grind it out a bit and i should be able to finally figure out the "that card" puzzle from bioshock infinite sometime in 2025 and enter the big leagues of fps gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

been playing No Rest for the Living on switch. really good set of tech base levels so far, I like this doom 1 design style w/ the random splash of doom II enemies

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

In Training posted:

been playing No Rest for the Living on switch. really good set of tech base levels so far, I like this doom 1 design style w/ the random splash of doom II enemies
:hmmyes:

honestly, the maps are worth exploring to the fullest because there's so much to find in the secrets

like, map01 has half the map hidden away as an optional sidequest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i've mostly been playing smelden ring but i did finished the hit wad from 2017 or something wad "tangerine nightmare." nice visuals

recomended if you like the color orange. 8 maps that don't wear out their welcome. map 7 has one of the coolest ssecret hunts i've seen in a wad. i guess technically theres 10 maps but one is a credits map and map 10 is a secret map that is stupidly difficult and i keep dying even with massive save scumming.

I started playing this on the PC and its trill. thanks for the rec. only done the first 2 maps so far but they had really good cramped encounters and pulsing orange stuff everywhere. liking it a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Drinkslinger posted:

:hmmyes:

honestly, the maps are worth exploring to the fullest because there's so much to find in the secrets

like, map01 has half the map hidden away as an optional sidequest

yeah i been doing UVMax and the secret volume also felt very doom 1 to me. theres like 12 in one map and its secrets nestled in secrets and each has just like 8 armor bonuses and 4 shells, but most of the levels are pretty ammo light so it can really make a difference. and im very stupid about secret hunting so happy that theyre pleasantly simple, like a obviously mismatched wall texture or being able to sus them out from windows to bonus weapons outside and such. classic feeling all around.