Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i didn't really love this season of harley quinn tbh, pretty significant downgrade from last season. the bat family stuff was mostly pretty decent, better than it has been actually but they kept introducing things and not doing anything with them (amanda waller, constantine, the golden glider sorta). constantine in particular - i assumed he was going to come back in the back end of the season and he never did?

would honestly like a season where quinn is doing full time cape psychiatry actually. presumably mayor joker could hook that up, she'd be good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing with Kite Man and the Golden Glider was kind of setting up a spin off show focusing on the two of them running Noonan's, the villain bar. Although considering the new direction WBD has taken towards animation I wouldn't hold my breath on that coming out.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

muscles like this! posted:

The thing with Kite Man and the Golden Glider was kind of setting up a spin off show focusing on the two of them running Noonan's, the villain bar. Although considering the new direction WBD has taken towards animation I wouldn't hold my breath on that coming out.

right, and the season got cut a bit and they originally intended 13 but instead got two seasons of 10 at once or something. they saved budget, including animation and voice budget, for the big finale setpiece episodes and they were good but overall i found it kind of disappointing. in animation in particular, the TAS clayface from last season looked incredible and nothing this season looked anywhere near as good.

oh and music meister but not for your leads (who are in a romantic relationship btw) but two members of your secondary cast one of whom god bless him cannot sing. i hope they were setting that up too it felt like a great idea missed.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

So was that either the OG gold or just an unfinished Daredevil mask at the end of She-Hulk?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

hatelull posted:

So was that either the OG gold or just an unfinished Daredevil mask at the end of She-Hulk?

Looks like the original yellow. Which I'm very meh about, I'm not a fan of that look

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Medullah posted:

Looks like the original yellow. Which I'm very meh about, I'm not a fan of that look

See, that makes me confused from I guess a geographical standpoint? For whatever reason, I thought Walters was in LA? Murdock is always and forever Hell's Kitchen, yeah?

Also, I think the teaser trailer stuff definitely showed him in the traditional red suit?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's at night so the colors are washed out but He's definitely in the yellow suit in the trailer. I'm sure he'll only show up in the last 2 seconds and then have a different one in Born Again though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yellow is his west coast outfit because red is so gauche in LA

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know what its like when you take a trip and the airline loses your luggage and then you have to take what you can find.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hatelull posted:

See, that makes me confused from I guess a geographical standpoint? For whatever reason, I thought Walters was in LA? Murdock is always and forever Hell's Kitchen, yeah?

Also, I think the teaser trailer stuff definitely showed him in the traditional red suit?

Not always and forever. He actually has some significant history in San Francisco. Not LA obviously, but he's been on the west coast.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

It's at night so the colors are washed out but He's definitely in the yellow suit in the trailer.

Yeesh, and I thought that guy was supposed to be a good tailor for the heroes

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I知 hearing that the Netflix Daredevil stuff is still generally considered canon, so DD is looking to shake things up on a different coast with a different costume to distance himself from Bullseye痴 appropriation of the iconography.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hatelull posted:

HE's spent significant amounts of time in SF in his comics. Once with Black Widow, then again when Mark Waid was writing him.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'd guess that he's consulting with GLK&H since he got Spider-Man cleared of Mysterio's murder but what does anyone remember about that?

He also said Happy needs a really good lawyer. Maybe Daredevil can refer him to Jen.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 17, 2022

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Positive about Titans? I think they adjusted the lighting in S2 because I can see things without loving with my brightness. S1 had me worried my tv was broken.

It痴 still bad and I would not be watching if I wasn稚 sick and bored.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

CoolCab posted:

i didn't really love this season of harley quinn tbh, pretty significant downgrade from last season. the bat family stuff was mostly pretty decent, better than it has been actually but they kept introducing things and not doing anything with them (amanda waller, constantine, the golden glider sorta). constantine in particular - i assumed he was going to come back in the back end of the season and he never did?

On the one hand, I can't disagree with any of this. On the other hand, I really like where the season ended up. "People can be more than just one thing: they grow and evolve" is a hell of a thesis statement for a wacky violent R-rated cartoon show about the Joker's girlfriend.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

On the one hand, I can't disagree with any of this. On the other hand, I really like where the season ended up. "People can be more than just one thing: they grow and evolve" is a hell of a thesis statement for a wacky violent R-rated cartoon show about the Joker's girlfriend.

I just finished the first season, and yeah, where they reached far they really did well. Some of the side characters really got to me, so I have trouble recommending it, but the parts that were good were really drat good on a few levels.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

StumblyWumbly posted:

I just finished the first season, and yeah, where they reached far they really did well. Some of the side characters really got to me, so I have trouble recommending it, but the parts that were good were really drat good on a few levels.

Got to you in what way?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Klungar posted:

Got to you in what way?

Dr Psycho's voice (Appreciated a lot of other stuff about the character)
Also, Clayface's voice.

I have opinions on some other folks, but those were the big ones.

Definitely made worse by not pacing myself through the episodes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I didn't care much for the first season, but starting with season 2 I've really enjoyed it.

I might go back and give the first season another shot, but I would say to stick with it.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i could write a lot of words about that show and i'm trying not to, lol, but broadly: first season is okay but they didn't include enough stuff about the characters building towards a relationship (or being gay) and is also kind of generically adult comedy, so when it swings for the emotional beats it doesn't quite land. second season course corrects from that and genuinely is very good and also the season i would say that best integrates more sophisticated lbgt themes and romance and generally most realizes the ambitions of the show.

season 3 was for sure a return to s1 form so good but never as good and frustratingly so sometimes. also it seems to handle the core relationship of the characters much less deftly and i don't know if that's them building to something they are laying breadcrumbs for but it didn't quite work as well for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just want one person on Titans to put on a costume and do something heroic. Making a super hero team show where everyone is at all times an aggressive self destructive rear end in a top hat and borderline psychopath is a choice. It痴 impressive when Batman is the healthiest seeming guy in the show.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress Batman's healthy mindset

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Titans Bruce Wayne rules.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

STAC Goat posted:

I just want one person on Titans to put on a costume and do something heroic. Making a super hero team show where everyone is at all times an aggressive self destructive rear end in a top hat and borderline psychopath is a choice. It’s impressive when Batman is the healthiest seeming guy in the show.

They start wearing costumes a decent amount in the second and third seasons.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The season 2 finale felt like it was maybe getting where I could enjoy it and the it pulled a really silly curve and I知 about 50/50 that I知 not bothering going on. I think I知 mostly over my flu too so no more mindless hours in bed watching junk to consume it. At least no more than usual.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

The season 2 finale felt like it was maybe getting where I could enjoy it and the it pulled a really silly curve and I知 about 50/50 that I知 not bothering going on. I think I知 mostly over my flu too so no more mindless hours in bed watching junk to consume it. At least no more than usual.

third season is where it lost me, I thought season 2 was great.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I知 watching The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. It seems pretty clear that a lot of John痴 insecurity in the role came from how weirdly pissy and disrespectful Sam and James were to him.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
holy loving poo poo peacemaker is so good. i'm floored, i ran out of harley quinn and watched the second movie basically on a lark since i wanted more of the character and because i'd heard it was okay and it might be my favourite cape picture in years. and i think i like this show more than harley quinn? james gunn is very good at this and they should just shovel him money and IP until he gets tired of it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
probably the only show I watched the title sequence for everytime

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gripweed posted:

I知 watching The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. It seems pretty clear that a lot of John痴 insecurity in the role came from how weirdly pissy and disrespectful Sam and James were to him.

Sam and Bucky are pretty instantly awful to John and refuse to give him a chance, but I think he would still be insecure about not having super powers.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Soonmot posted:

there's a scene on the PREVIOUSLY ON The Suicide Squad bit that i assume must have been cut from the movie, where the control room woman in the climax who goes rogue being arrested by the military and presumably being Guantanamo'd which fixed my second biggest complaint about that movie and i presume he must have included to say gently caress you to whoever edited it out, which is amazing.

just great characterization and writing. extremely funny. god several DC shows recently have felt like a brief peek into the universe where instead of Buffy being the template for the superhero explosion it was Venture Bros and gently caress me would that not have been a lot better.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Iirc, Gunn has said he hates the Skip Intro button on streaming and so set out to make an intro no one would.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

SonicRulez posted:

Sam and Bucky are pretty instantly awful to John and refuse to give him a chance, but I think he would still be insecure about not having super powers.

Sure, but if Captain America's partners had been if not friendly then at least professional and they had worked together and defeated the evil super soldiers, he probably would have gotten over that insecurity.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Are people under dogging the literal jack booted thug Cap?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

STAC Goat posted:

Them Russell-Hawn genes result in +15 boost to Charisma and Likeability, which makes up for the occasional surrendered combatant beheading.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

STAC Goat posted:

no

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Something that struck me about the Thunderbolts lineup is that Walker and Guardian are the only members who actually chose their past actions/careers. Yelena, Taskmaster, and Bucky were all brainwashed and Ghost was compromised every which way. And even Guardian basically had shady government agencies pulling strings and lying to him and blinded by nationalism. Walker was blinded by nationalism but he also just willingly did all the hosed up poo poo he did. I wonder how that dynamic will play if at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sam and Bucky don't like Walker because they both feel he doesn't deserve the shield or understand what it means to be Captain America.

And they're both right. Even if they buddied up to him right away, it was only a matter of time before he snapped.

At the end they're willing to give him another chance since he made the right call instead of being hyper focused on the mission or showing he was the real Cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

STAC Goat posted:

My biggest issue with Season 2 is that Deathstroke was kind of wasted. He just gets stabbed at the start of the season 2 finale and that's the end of him.