Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/MBPAIWt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Mozi posted:

Runaway Jim finally tracked down

I believe you're looking for "Dog is driving! How can that be?"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

gently caress yeah!

This should get crossposted in the Stupid Music poo poo thread, because it's actually for Awesome Music poo poo.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Serephina posted:

I think they're supposed to have that give in them? Makes the horisontal bar act more elastic, deflecting a car back onto the road.

Actually, it's to make them LESS elastic. Old wire guard rails would rocket cars back and were super dangerous as a result. Modern guard rails are designed to absorb energy rather than deflect it.

This is probably exactly how this is supposed to be done. If you aren't real god drat sure exactly how that tower is going to fall, you have bigger problems than a couple guys standing there.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

So many things have to go wrong before this could happen that the odds of this not being a prank are nil, so nice animal abuse I guess

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Leandros posted:

So many things have to go wrong before this could happen that the odds of this not being a prank are nil, so nice animal abuse I guess

Oh no! Dogs only drive cars when they are very distressed!

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Oh no! Dogs only drive cars when they are very distressed!

Would you enjoy being placed on board a high-velocity vehicle with no way of knowing how to steer it and no guarantees it won't collide with something?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Leandros posted:

Would you enjoy being placed on board a high-velocity vehicle with no way of knowing how to steer it and no guarantees it won't collide with something?

You could have just said “a Tesla”.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Leandros posted:

Even if a person is driving the car a dog in that car has no way of knowing how to steer it and no guarantees it won't collide with anything.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Also dogs lack a mental model to understand the risks associated with driving a motor vehicle.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Kenning posted:

Also dogs lack a mental model to understand the risks associated with driving a motor vehicle.

That dog definitely looks terrified about it's current predicament. Or it's thinking about licking itself. Hard to say.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that dog knows it isn't properly licensed in any state of the union and the first time a cop pulls them over they'll probably be going to jail

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Kenning posted:

This is also true of ~50% of legally qualified drivers.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's no rule saying a dog can't operate a motor vehicle!
(Puts hand to ear) I am just receiving an update that apparently there is.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

that dog knows it isn't properly licensed in any state of the union and the first time a cop pulls them over they'll probably be going to jail

Imagine how worried it would be if it were a black lab.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What if the dog drives through Syracuse and sees that one upside down traffic light?

It will be completely unaware that it’s supposed to stop!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Tragedy waiting to happen.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
https://imgur.com/TNOMBbV

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Leandros posted:

You can just say you hate mass transit, dude.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Leandros posted:

this is also true of The Earth, so

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

at least if cost the dumb guy a lot of money probably

https://i.imgur.com/CPbNMMB.mp4

(oh yeah, don't click if you enjoy Accepting the Mystery)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ridili8IbA1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ricmf3oWP31r0uzl6.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Man I just don't get some of these new Splatoon weapons

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
are the back doors of Teslas suicide doors under normal operation?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

ChesterJT posted:

That dog definitely looks terrified about it's current predicament. Or it's thinking about licking itself. Hard to say.

Olewithmilk posted:

This is also true of ~50% of legally qualified drivers.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

are the back doors of Teslas suicide doors under normal operation?

On a Model X, yes.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

at least if cost the dumb guy a lot of money probably

https://i.imgur.com/CPbNMMB.mp4

(oh yeah, don't click if you enjoy Accepting the Mystery)

Nathan Fielder nods in approval.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Leandros posted:

This is literally a recurring nightmare for me, I'm in the back seat of a car I'm driving and I can't hit the brakes.

Anyway,

https://i.imgur.com/ZJeghXD.mp4

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Dog was just out cruising, looking for some bitches.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Eeyo posted:

This is literally a recurring nightmare for me, I'm in the back seat of a car I'm driving and I can't hit the brakes.

I have these dreams fairly often, driving from the back seat, though it's never scary. Just confusing. Like why.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Eeyo posted:

Whoa same. Hello nightmare friend

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

My recurring nightmare is a loved one is driving a car while I'm in the passenger seat and they just jump out.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
my recurring nightmare is that a loved one literally powerbombs me through a table like Batista but hey it takes all kinds

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
My car dreams always involve the brakes not working very well, like I really have to ram the pedal down to do anything, and the car almost never fully stops. I can't help but feel this is my subconscious telling me my lovemaking is poo poo or something.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gromit posted:

My car dreams always involve the brakes not working very well, like I really have to ram the pedal down to do anything, and the car almost never fully stops.

Yeah I've got my foot fully down but the car is barely slowing and I'm going to crash and I think "this is bullshit I aint dealing with this" and wake up.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Drive the (in)correct work truck and your dreams could become a reality.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Sometimes I dream that, while driving, I'm somewhere else entirely. The screams of the passengers usually wake me up though.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
I have a whole constellation of recurring nightmares, but by far the worst are the claustrophobia ones. I made the mistake of listening to an episode of Well There's Your Problem on caving accidents recently and it'll be a while before I sleep normally

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

HolHorsejob posted:

I have a whole constellation of recurring nightmares, but by far the worst are the claustrophobia ones. I made the mistake of listening to an episode of Well There's Your Problem on caving accidents recently and it'll be a while before I sleep normally

Cavers should have a cyanide tooth IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Would've preferred the log driver's waltz for this one